PDA

View Full Version : 9600GT No DVI Output - Vista

jcwhitt
06-01-08, 07:37 AM
I'm not getting DVI output from my 9600GT (Palit Sonic), although I did before I did the stuff below.

I decided to update my drivers to version 174.88 (2008-04-28). My problem began when I deleted the installed driver and rebooted. I could hear the Vista boot sounds, but the monitor (Dell 3008) would go right into power save mode. If I converted to analog (VGA adapter), I did get output.

Anyway, I installed the new drivers, but still have no DVI output, although I do have output with a VGA adapter on the DVI cable.

I get the feeling that I shouldn't have deleted the drivers first - but I thought I remembered reading such a recommendation somewhere.

Can you recommend something I can do to get myself out of this pickle I've gotten myself into, please?

xbob
06-01-08, 08:21 AM
I'm not getting DVI output from my 9600GT (Palit Sonic), although I did before I did the stuff below.

I decided to update my drivers to version 174.88 (2008-04-28). My problem began when I deleted the installed driver and rebooted. I could hear the Vista boot sounds, but the monitor (Dell 3008) would go right into power save mode. If I converted to analog (VGA adapter), I did get output.

Anyway, I installed the new drivers, but still have no DVI output, although I do have output with a VGA adapter on the DVI cable.

I get the feeling that I shouldn't have deleted the drivers first - but I thought I remembered reading such a recommendation somewhere.

Can you recommend something I can do to get myself out of this pickle I've gotten myself into, please?

Your monitor is likely defaulting back to D-Sub/VGA, put the card back on DVI and use your monitors controls to resolve this. Deleting drivers shouldhave no impact on on activating or de-activating the DVI ports on the card.