PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Longevity

seeker
06-01-08, 06:56 PM
My Logitech Media keyboard just quit on me, which is the second one in about 3 years. This makes me wonder just how long one should expect a keyboard to last? I am going to start looking for a replacement, and I'm more interested in reliability than I am in glitz...any insights or suggestions?

Medion
06-01-08, 08:26 PM
I'm using a Logitech keyboard that cost me $10. I've had it for 2 and a half years so far, and it still works flawlessly.

seeker
06-01-08, 08:43 PM
That is what I paid for the first one, but the latter was slightly more. I just finished ordering another online and it cost about $19.00 (including shipping), but I guess that isn't bad considering. I guess that I should have contacted Logitech for an RMA, but I didn't feel like digging for a sales receipt.

Runningman
06-02-08, 02:16 AM
i had an old IBM 3250 monocrome terminal with an integrated keyboard that was 25 years old and still worked..:)

GeniusPr0
06-02-08, 02:24 AM
Logitech Black Elite (Corded)

since 2002 :captnkill:

i want another one (nana2)

seeker
06-02-08, 02:54 AM
I will have to admit tht I'm harder on a keyboard than most people, the keys get dirty and will miss a keystroke, but I do clean it regularly. That shouln't have anything to do with it dying.

XDanger
06-04-08, 02:47 PM
The scrollwheel on my KB doesn't work anymore ,But only because of Vista.

Keyboards live forever, Our secretary's dell keyboard keys are worn down and very shiny from many years of hard use but it still works fine, Although a bit sticky.

seeker
06-04-08, 03:03 PM
The scrollwheel on my KB doesn't work anymore ,But only because of Vista.

Keyboards live forever, Our secretary's dell keyboard keys are worn down and very shiny from many years of hard use but it still works fine, Although a bit sticky.

Not if they are MS. I have 2 of their cordless laser desttop 6000s , and both developed problems right away.

The Logitech that I ordered just arrived, and I guess that I will have to order another, because I was careless and ordered one that is not exactly what I wanted (Media not Media Clavier). It's not worth sending it back, I'll just stick it in the closet.

nekrosoft13
06-04-08, 03:19 PM
in my experience logitech keyboard fail rather "quick" 2-3 years. I still have wireless MS multimedia keyboard from maybe 6 years ago, still works like new.

jcrox
06-04-08, 03:27 PM
Both my wife's and my son's computers have logitech keyboards that are at least 4 years old and they work fine. I just got this Saitek Eclipse not too long ago..... I don't think I've ever had a keyboard fail on me or anyone I know.