PDA

View Full Version : SoundBlaster X-Fi 2.18.0000 Beta

Pages : [1] 2

AngelGraves13
06-02-08, 05:21 AM
No need to buy the new X-Fi in June.

This download is a beta driver providing Microsoft® Windows Vista® and Windows® XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

Take note of the following:

* THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver.
* We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver on a system used to perform critical tasks.
* Users who are looking for stable drivers should wait for the final release. When this happens, user should install the latest Sound Blaster X-Fi series driver available.

This download supports the following audio devices only:

* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty® Professional Series
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi

Added Features:
To find out if your audio device supports the following features in Windows XP, click here.
For systems using Windows Vista

* Dolby® Digital and DTS® driver decode re-established for sound cards that included decoding in their Windows XP drivers (Not applicable for products that included a 3rd party software DVD player license in the package).
* DVD-Audio playback re-established for sound cards that included the application in their Windows XP software suite (For Windows Vista 32-bit only).
Requires the latest Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player Beta software. Click here to download.

Fixes:

* Resolves issues of intermittent and random application/system crash when playing games or running applications that use EAX®, DirectSound®, OpenAL and/or ASIO features.
* Resolves issue of volume mapping leading to very soft volume level in systems using Windows Vista with Service Pack 1.
* Resolves issue with distortion and noise occuring in systems with 4 GB of RAM or greater.

Known Issues:

* X-Fi CMSS®-3D feature is not available in Windows Vista 64-bit.

Requirements:

* Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005 or Window XP MCE 2004
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio devices listed above

Notes:

* Do not install this driver for Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio.
* To install this driver
1. Download the file onto your local hard disk.
2. Double-click the downloaded file.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Download from Creative Site (http://ccftp.creative.com/manualdn/Drivers/AVP/10596/0x495B0DC2/SBXF_PCDRVBETA_US_2_18_0000.exe)

CaptNKILL
06-02-08, 09:25 AM
So... does your link go to the 32bit or 64bit driver? Or does it work on both?

I just downloaded and installed it and it worked on 64bit, but it never really says which one it is.

nekrosoft13
06-02-08, 09:36 AM
nice, thanks for heads up. will install once i get home

AngelGraves13
06-02-08, 10:31 AM
So... does your link go to the 32bit or 64bit driver? Or does it work on both?

I just downloaded and installed it and it worked on 64bit, but it never really says which one it is.

Creative's drivers have always included both 32 and 64 bit operating system support.

I guess everyone can stop complaining about no Dolby Digital and DTS support. The official drivers will likely be out around the launch of the new card this month.

CaptNKILL
06-02-08, 10:37 AM
I guess everyone can stop complaining about no Dolby Digital and DTS support. The official drivers will likely be out around the launch of the new card this month.

What do you mean by support?

Decoding isn't the same as encoding. This will only help with DVDs and apparently only in certain players and only Vista 32bit.

Dolby and DTS decoding has worked fine using ffdshow or AC3filter from the beginning, so its not that big of a deal.

wollyka
06-02-08, 10:41 AM
Known Issues:

:( Too bad

xavier2k5
06-02-08, 11:31 AM
[As indicated but not linked to in original post.]
Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player Beta software Info.
http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=10595

Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player BETA software Download
http://ccftp.creative.com/manualdn/Applications/AVP/10595/0xE4DDA364/DVDA_PCAPPBETA_US_2_00_77.exe

Official BETA Audigy Driver Info.
http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?MainCategory=1&nRegionFK=&nCountryFK=&nLanguageFK=&sOSName=Windows+XP&region=1&Product_Name=Audigy+4&Product_ID=14103&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=10&drivertype=11&x=19&y=5

Official BETA Audigy Driver
http://ccftp.creative.com/manualdn/Drivers/AVP/10594/0x964691AB/SBAX_PCDRVBETA_US_2_18_000.exe

nekrosoft13
06-02-08, 11:38 AM
What do you mean by support?

Decoding isn't the same as encoding. This will only help with DVDs and apparently only in certain players and only Vista 32bit.

Dolby and DTS decoding has worked fine using ffdshow or AC3filter from the beginning, so its not that big of a deal.

where does it say 32bit only

malachi1313
06-02-08, 02:15 PM

Yep that sux ....add features and break others. If running 64bit vista DO NOT INSTALL these!! In order to get 5.1 surround during music playback you have to do a FULL REINSTALL to roll back to the last driver. Sux but true..

CaptNKILL
06-02-08, 02:20 PM
where does it say 32bit only

It says DVD audio playback is re-established in this driver, but only in Vista 32bit and when using the Creative DVD audio player software. I assumed that meant that DVD audio didn't work in 64bit, which would mean DD\DTS decoding basically wouldn't exist either.

I've always used AC3 filter or ffdshow, so I don't know why any of this even matters for most people.

Absolution
06-02-08, 02:53 PM
New Audigy driver as well?? This is crazy talk. You sure creative wasn't like... bought out or something?

wollyka
06-02-08, 03:36 PM
Yep that sux ....add features and break others. If running 64bit vista DO NOT INSTALL these!! In order to get 5.1 surround during music playback you have to do a FULL REINSTALL to roll back to the last driver. Sux but true..

Yeah, no surround for mp3...
you can't have it all with Creative!! Hope the official one will fix it

malachi1313
06-02-08, 03:42 PM
yeah hopefully..

DeusGear
06-02-08, 05:31 PM
cm3d isnt working in 32 bit either.

crainger
06-06-08, 06:44 PM

Yeah, what possessed them to kill off the CMSS-3D support in 64? Well I guess it is just a beta.

skank
06-06-08, 11:15 PM
I've been using these fine with my headphones for a day, today I decided to watch a movie on my HDTV using my 5.1 system, so I select 5.1 in Creative Console, but it reverts back to 2.1 speakers, sure enough I can only select 2.1 or headphones! I tried setting it to 5.1 speakers through control panel but it says "format not supported by device". Anyone else having the same issue?

Edit: I discovered it's linked to the Advanced speaker properties in control panel, changing the default format from 16 bit 48 KHz to 24 bit 48Khz disables the ability to use more than 2.1 channels of sound. This seems pretty lame tbh but at least I have my 5.1 channels back.

hell_of_doom227
06-07-08, 02:35 PM
Don't install these ****ing break everything.

nekrosoft13
06-07-08, 03:34 PM
yes they do, they break everything, especially US economy, damn drivers

Q
06-07-08, 05:19 PM
They kill WMP for me.

nekrosoft13
06-07-08, 05:29 PM
They kill WMP for me.

they don't kill anything ;) read release notes

Known Issues:

disable CMSS-3D and everything is fine

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=31798&stc=1&d=1212877769

Q
06-07-08, 05:44 PM
KEEEL IT I SAY

KEEELED IT

hell_of_doom227
06-07-08, 08:52 PM
DXDiag is popping up error and also bunch of security warnings in event viewer. I will wait for official.

LordJuanlo
06-08-08, 04:03 AM
I'm skipping this driver, don't like the comments I have seen so far

skank
06-08-08, 01:05 PM
Disabling CMSS-3D doesn't make a difference to the 24KHz 4.1/5.1 channel sound issue, it was the first thing I did after reading the release notes.

CaptNKILL
06-08-08, 03:58 PM
I've been having some sound issues lately and they've been worse since I updated to this driver.

I just got a bluescreen while playing Red Orchestra... and that's a first for me.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just reinstalled the latest official driver and I still get the bluescreen when playing RO. I'm using the Darkest Hour mod, so it could be that... but I don't know for sure. Its very strange. I hope my card isn't dieing. :(