PDA

View Full Version : Which PC speakers would you pick?

Kain
05-08-03, 05:57 AM
Disregarding price, which PC speakers would you pick?

Kain
05-08-03, 10:45 AM
NOTE!: Just to make things clear, the Klipsch 5.1 Digital Dream System is actually the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 speakers with the Klipsch DD-5.1 decoder.

darkmiasma
05-08-03, 10:51 AM
seriously man ... go read some reviews ... you have asked about 5 billion questions in the last week.

read a review and make you own decision for once. you'll feel better about the computer "you built" when you are done.

- mike

netviper13
05-08-03, 01:21 PM
He just wants recommendations from people, get off his back.

That being said, I own the Logitech Z560s and although they have been fairly awesome, there are some issues that I'm not sure are resolved with the 680s. The biggest issue I have is the hiss of the speakers, although that has seemed to become less of an issue after I switched to Soundstorm for my audio.

The second issue that I know isn't corrected in the 680s is the pathetic crossover frequency for the sub. Several frequencies that should be handled by the sattelites are sent to the sub and then sound muddy. From what I've read, the Klipsch speakers don't have this issue.

Harnagel
05-08-03, 03:18 PM
I own a set of Klipsch 5.1 speakers and the sound is absolutely awsome. The only complaint I have about them is that the volume control is a bit sensitive and has a tendency to jump around sometimes. Given the choice again I would still choose the Promedias.

However you are not limited to computer speakers, I have heard good things about Onkyo and this system looks pretty sweet, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

http://www.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=HT-S660&class=minisys&p=i

EDIT: I have seen this sytem for below $500

omghi2u
05-08-03, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by darkmiasma
seriously man ... go read some reviews ... you have asked about 5 billion questions in the last week.

read a review and make you own decision for once. you'll feel better about the computer "you built" when you are done.

- mike I know you don't mean any harm but Kain's been banned from a lot of forums...give him a break...Kain, how many forums have you been banned from?

BTW, I voted klipsch. Own a Z-560 myself but the SQ from the satellites don't sound as great as I want them to be.

Kain
05-09-03, 01:56 AM
I've been banned on Rage3D and AMD Zone.

darkmiasma
05-09-03, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by omghi2u
I know you don't mean any harm but Kain's been banned from a lot of forums...give him a break...Kain, how many forums have you been banned from?

BTW, I voted klipsch. Own a Z-560 myself but the SQ from the satellites don't sound as great as I want them to be.

i'm not trying to be harsh, but seriously ... when i ask for an opinion about a part, i usually have it narrowed down to 2 or 3 options ... and i don't ask about the entire computer ... just a part ...

somewhere along the line, you should have to go read some reviews and find out whats out there, and take a look at the features and conclusions ... see what interests you, and then go ask an opinion on a choice between part x and part y.

personally, you should get the klipsch if you want cleaner sound, but the z-560's if you want heavier bass.

sorry you got banned at other forums, but no offense, i can see why ... that kind of stuff looks like spamming ... maybe if you didn't ask all the questions at once ... just that's just my opinion.

- mike

Kain
05-09-03, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by darkmiasma
i'm not trying to be harsh, but seriously ... when i ask for an opinion about a part, i usually have it narrowed down to 2 or 3 options ... and i don't ask about the entire computer ... just a part ...

somewhere along the line, you should have to go read some reviews and find out whats out there, and take a look at the features and conclusions ... see what interests you, and then go ask an opinion on a choice between part x and part y.

personally, you should get the klipsch if you want cleaner sound, but the z-560's if you want heavier bass.

sorry you got banned at other forums, but no offense, i can see why ... that kind of stuff looks like spamming ... maybe if you didn't ask all the questions at once ... just that's just my opinion.

- mike This has been narrowed down to 3 options.

Secondly, I was banned at those forums for "other reasons."

jAkUp
05-09-03, 11:22 AM
i voted for the Klipsch:D i would advise to stay away from anything that says creative on it unless its an audigy card;)

poursoul
05-09-03, 11:55 AM
what other reasons?

Kain
05-09-03, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
i voted for the Klipsch:D i would advise to stay away from anything that says creative on it unless its an audigy card;) Actually, those Creative speakers are quite good.

Kain
05-09-03, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by poursoul
what other reasons? Basically for sharing my non pro-American views.

Riptide
05-09-03, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Kain
Basically for sharing my non pro-American views.

That's OK. We in America support your right to be wrong. ;)

As far as getting banned from Rage3d... Cool! :D
Rage3d's forums are a black hole from what I hear anyway. Believe it or not, they probably did YOU a favor.

LTech221
05-09-03, 03:46 PM
Kain, can u audition the 3 choices u made? They all sound good but have their distinct sound. Listening to them by yourself with sources u bring (cd's etc) can help you decide on what sound you like.