PDA

View Full Version : Does 175.16_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_whql.exe have problems with CRT TV output?

ant
06-03-08, 10:11 AM
Hello.

I finally decided to upgrade my installed v174.74 beta driver to v175.16 WHQL on my Windows XP Pro. SP2 system (IE6.0 SP2, all critical updates, and optrional softwares excluding SP3 [will install later on when SP2 is not supported anymore] this morning. I was expecting this upgrade to work nicely and have no problems. Boy, was I wrong since I wasted about an hour to figure out what's wrong and fix it.

The problem is that v175.16 WHQL driver broke my TV output (no picture). I used to be able to have it either on as primary and secondary (mostly for fullscreen videos and in clone setup). The driver didn't seem to detect the TV either even if I set force deeper detection at Windows' startup (kept detecting my 10+ years old 20" CRT TV as HDTV -- uh, what?). I tried forcing "Composite - NTSC or PAL standard definitions televisions" and picking USA, but I still didn't get anything on my TV (blue screen -- not Windows' BSoD).

My old TV is connected to an old VCR that is connected to my EVGA GeForce 7950 GT KO (512 MB; PCIE) video card with composite cables. I thought it was a lose cable or something at first, but it wasn't because I uninstalled NVIDIA driver, rebooted, reinstalled v174.74 beta, and had TV output working nicely and perfectly like before. I believe the problem is in this newest released driver and a bit concerned if future versions will have this problem too.

Is anyone else having this problem too or just me? I didn't see anyone else reporting issues like this. It must be a local issue. :( I also tried uninstalling the beta driver, rebooting, and installing the WHQL driver from scratch. It did not help.

I am getting fed up with NVIDIA's bad quality drivers and issues these days (what happened to the good quality of v8x.xx and older drivers?). I am going back to ATI/AMD video cards (even if they are slower) for my next video card purchase (probably at the end of this year).

Thank you in advance. :)

ant
06-05-08, 10:19 AM
No one knows? :(

marekjs
07-03-08, 11:59 AM
No one knows? :(

Hi,
Yes, I've the same problem on 7300 GT :(

ant
07-03-08, 12:06 PM
Hi,
Yes, I've the same problem on 7300 GT :(Did you try the newer driver version? If so, then did it work? I think I will stop upgrading my drivers and switch to ATI/AMD when it is time. NVIDIA lost it.

saturnotaku
07-03-08, 12:17 PM
I had problems with the 175.xx drivers on my notebook (8600M GT, XP SP3) outputting to either my TV or Viewsonic LCD that my desktop PC uses. The 177.26 beta drivers fixed those issues for me. Give them a try.

ant
07-03-08, 12:25 PM
I had problems with the 175.xx drivers on my notebook (8600M GT, XP SP3) outputting to either my TV or Viewsonic LCD that my desktop PC uses. The 177.26 beta drivers fixed those issues for me. Give them a try.Where can I get it? It's not on http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us ...

saturnotaku
07-03-08, 12:37 PM
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19000

You'll also need to download the modified .inf file to support your card. Extract the drivers to the folder and overwrite the existing .inf with the moded one. Install via setup or control panel, reboot, and you're golden.

marekjs
07-03-08, 01:19 PM
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19000

You'll also need to download the modified .inf file to support your card. Extract the drivers to the folder and overwrite the existing .inf with the moded one. Install via setup or control panel, reboot, and you're golden.

Exactly :)

Google > NVidia 177.26 WHQL Leaked Drivers ;)

It's working already :D

ant
07-03-08, 01:53 PM
Exactly :)

Google > NVidia 177.26 WHQL Leaked Drivers ;)

It's working already :DThanks! I will wait for the official one that is 177.26 or newer. :) No rush to upgrade yet.