PDA

View Full Version : File Transfers On Network

Mr Bigman
06-05-08, 02:01 PM
I have in the network 2 systems with gigabyte ethernet but when i transfer files across the network their only transfering under 100mbs according to the sidebar gadget in upload.

I have good ethernet cable that supports gigabyte etherent so whats the problem?

Obvously having 1 gig ethernet doesn't mean jack cuz the files aint transfering at near those speeds.

Is it on the router or this is just marketing to sell these products?

Network is clean and both rigs are quad core boxes but one which is dual quad core but point is it should be saying transfering data in the hundreds or even gigabyte speeds.

Mr Bigman
06-06-08, 02:24 PM
This is annoying.

Why isn't files being transfered at decent speds even though gigabyte ethernet is used and calbe is made for it?

Serrasalmus
06-06-08, 05:32 PM
what router do you have?

shabby
06-06-08, 05:37 PM
Go into your device manager on both comps and double click on your network adapter, goto advanced tab and look for any property named speed/duplex or whatever. Make sure the value is set to 1000mbps and not auto.

nekrosoft13
06-06-08, 05:39 PM
here is the answer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948066

disable the network throttle ;)

hokeyplyr48
06-06-08, 05:57 PM
would it be bad to change the value to 70?

Mr Bigman
06-06-08, 10:47 PM
I did the device manager thingy but even though its gigibit, it only gives force 10 or 100 full duplex not gigibit.

Vista works fine with data transfer but in xp when sending files to vista it shows around 55 mb moving accross the network.

I think its something in the router and its a cisco linky wirless N gigit router with NAS support.