PDA

View Full Version : EVGA's EAR program

Medion
06-05-08, 07:33 PM
Gotta love the idea behind this. I just registered two new products with them (mobo and GPU), and signed up for the $7.99 plan for each. Way I see it, if my stuff craps out, I get a cross shipped RMA with them shipping it to me at their expense. And if I don't need the RMA, it helps their bottom line.

Overall, glad to see them offering a plan like this. I just wish that I could go back and buy this plan for my older EVGA toys that are still registered.

grey_1
06-05-08, 08:02 PM
That's nice, worst part of an RMA is the wait + shipping costs. Sweet.

Medion
06-05-08, 08:11 PM
Eh, just found out something bad. My mobo I bought from them only has a 2 year warranty, despite the fact that the included manual states lifetime warranty. That's a bit shady IMO, feels like a bait and switch, but then with the reliability (or lack thereof) from nForce chipsets, I can see why they wouldn't want to give it a lifetime warranty.

Just another reason for this to be my last nFarce purchase. Hopefully EVGA considers making Intel mobos in the future, but I suppose they have some exclusivity deal with nVidia.

grey_1
06-05-08, 08:28 PM
I researched "lifetime" a while back regarding warranties, most companies generally refer to lifetime as the shelf-life of a product only. When the product is discontinued, so is the warranty.

Medion
06-05-08, 08:37 PM
I researched "lifetime" a while back regarding warranties, most companies generally refer to lifetime as the shelf-life of a product only. When the product is discontinued, so is the warranty.

That's one thing that EVGA doesn't do. They offer two warranties, lifetime (which is a true lifetime warranty) and 1+1.

The Lifetime warranty applies to their retail parts. 1+1 applies to select parts (1 year out of box +1 year upon registration). If you wade through their warranty policy, you'll see that my mobo purchase is a 1+1.

However, it's listed as "retail" at newegg, and the manual in the box claims lifetime warranty. Still, research on my part would have shown that it was 1+1. I just hope that EVGA considers updating their newegg listing to reflect this.

I debated on whether I should return it and get an Intel mobo, but in the end, I just decided to register the product and keep it. I should be able to get 2 years out of it.

grey_1
06-05-08, 08:43 PM
That's one thing that EVGA doesn't do. They offer two warranties, lifetime (which is a true lifetime warranty) and 1+1.

The Lifetime warranty applies to their retail parts. 1+1 applies to select parts (1 year out of box +1 year upon registration). If you wade through their warranty policy, you'll see that my mobo purchase is a 1+1.

However, it's listed as "retail" at newegg, and the manual in the box claims lifetime warranty. Still, research on my part would have shown that it was 1+1. I just hope that EVGA considers updating their newegg listing to reflect this.

I debated on whether I should return it and get an Intel mobo, but in the end, I just decided to register the product and keep it. I should be able to get 2 years out of it.

That's good to hear wrt EVGA.

And yes, the egg does need a few updates for sure. Hope your mobo gives you your monies worth.

Medion
06-05-08, 08:48 PM
Hope your mobo gives you your monies worth.

You get what you pay for, and if I ever get my mail-in rebate back, I would have paid $80 for this mobo. If it lasts 2 years problem free, I'll be happy.

K007
06-06-08, 04:46 AM
If only i could get this kind of service in Australia...

The eVGA in Australia is only brand...the perks of eVGA like warranty/step up are all out the window here...and also the price is very high compared to say Gigabyte/Leadtek

sharvin
06-07-08, 10:47 AM
the whole hobby in general is expensive here :(

Redeemed
06-07-08, 01:03 PM
I've never used an eVGA mobo... only EPoX and ASUS. But I'm considering trying an eVGA mobo as it seems with any new ASUS mobo I buy- I have to atleast RMA the first one and then I'll finally get a proper functioning board. :( Though, with this current board, I've not had any issues and haven't hard to worry about an RMA. This'll make my second RMA-free mobo I've ever owned.

seeker
06-13-08, 05:47 PM
I just received my EVGA RMA today and installed the new card, which seems to be running like a top. They made a believer out of me, I will never buy another PNY.