PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey coming to 360/PS3!

JigenD
06-06-08, 11:49 PM
"The brief glimpse we recently got of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, the newly announced Xbox 360 game in the series, says to us that the game will give players that same sense of hugeness and immersion that made the original PC series so enjoyable. The world you are flying over is incredibly detailed, and not just a static and flat aerial photograph turned into a texture. The hills roll, the trees are actual 3D elements, and towns are actual collections of buildings done with a level of detail rarely seen in a flight game. The plane models look gorgeous too as they fly through weather filled skies that are about as believable as you can get. You will not be unimpressed watching this game in action. On top of that graphical fidelity, the game can support one hundred distinct, AI-controlled planes on screen at once.

But the biggest question that most people will have is, how much did they dumb the game down for the Xbox 360? The answer is: not at all. Birds of Prey includes a simulation mode that is no different than the most strict simulation mode of the original PC title. Really. The flight model has not been simplified in the least for the Xbox 360, even though it was a challenge to make it work with the Xbox 360 controller. Don’t worry, flight stick support is definitely included."

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1998/IL2-Sturmovik-Birds-of-Prey/p1/

screenshot (http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/2037/full-res/1212773271.jpg)

Video trailer : http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19288

Sounds awesome, I'm looking forward to it!

stjuart
06-07-08, 01:01 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my eyes, the game really needs AA, Pc version it is.

JigenD
06-07-08, 01:03 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my eyes, the game really needs AA, Pc version it is.

The game looks great in the video.

stjuart
06-07-08, 01:04 AM
I am just saying, the lack of AA is noticeable when your in the ****pit and outside view. wow i cant believe c o c k pit is censored. My problem is I have been so used to AA that I have developed a spider Sense to Jaggies.

JigenD
06-07-08, 01:07 AM
I am just saying, the lack of AA is noticeable when your in the ****pit and outside view. wow i cant believe c o c k pit is censored.

Yea the lack of AA is disappointing as always, but the overall fidelity seems great (based on the video). Best looking WW2 flight sim.

Yea I noticed that was censored before too.

S.I.N
06-07-08, 12:40 PM
All these flight games coming to consoles makes me giddy. HawkX now this.

LycosV
06-07-08, 02:12 PM
My problem is I have been so used to AA that I have developed a spider Sense to Jaggies.

If it's a spider sense, can you detect it before you even see the screenshot? :D

I'm impressed that they're actually going to use a real flight physics model. Most console flight sims are so watered down you don't even stall.

Sabadin
06-07-08, 09:33 PM
All these flight games coming to consoles makes me giddy. HawkX now this.

Hawx can go burn in a fire for all I care, it's gameplay looks like rubbish. Curious as to whether is going to be simply a port of the original IL2, or it's own separate installment to the franchise.

JigenD
06-08-08, 12:39 AM
Hawx can go burn in a fire for all I care, it's gameplay looks like rubbish. Curious as to whether is going to be simply a port of the original IL2, or it's own separate installment to the franchise.

Well the plane models look somewhat better, and the ground detail looks different at least. I don't mind it if they keep really hardcore missions where you fly a long time and use time compression, but I hope they make some really actiony, unrealistic missions, like tons of bombers and fighters in one huge battle.

Sabadin
06-08-08, 06:08 PM
but I hope they make some really actiony, unrealistic missions, like tons of bombers and fighters in one huge battle.

This is WWII, that IS realistic ;)