PDA

View Full Version : Dual Raid Arrays

seeker
06-07-08, 11:13 PM
I has been a while since I have dealt with raid, so I'm sitting here reading the manual before starting out. If I understood what I read, I can have multiple arrays separate from each other, but I would like someone to confirm that for me. The MB is the Asus A8V with the VIA 8251 chipset.

I want my two Seagate 500GB SATA drives in one raid 1 array, and my 2 Maxtor 80GB SATA drives in another raid 1 array, with my 2 PATA drives each left independent. Any problems with that?

Runningman
06-07-08, 11:31 PM
nope, there shouldnt be any problems what so ever

seeker
06-08-08, 12:33 AM
I just found that for some reason all of my harddrives are low on transfer rates (~34MB/s). This is probably due to the fact that I just installed this motherboard. I'm not sure if the MB is defective, or if something is wrong with the chipset driver. I never had to reinstall the VIA driver when changing MBs before, but then all in the past had the same chipset. I'm going to have to postphone the raid until I do some troubleshooting.

hokeyplyr48
06-08-08, 12:07 PM
look in the bios to make sure you have SATA 2 (3.0gb/s) enabled. they're probably running at just basic SATA speeds