PDA

View Full Version : GEForce 8400GS

jon80
06-08-08, 02:00 AM
I've installed Red Hat Fedora 8 on a VMWare workstation, however it does not seem possible to retain screen resolution.

The default driver installed with VMWare does not enable changing of screen resolutions, and neither does changing to the generic 'nv' driver (see nvidia_sd.jpg).

Driver anyone, please? Any ideas?

stncttr908
06-08-08, 11:30 AM
As far as I know, you're stuck with VMware's driver in virtual machines. Try installing VMware Tools from VM > install VMware tools.

sharangad
06-08-08, 03:17 PM
I've installed Red Hat Fedora 8 on a VMWare workstation, however it does not seem possible to retain screen resolution.

The default driver installed with VMWare does not enable changing of screen resolutions, and neither does changing to the generic 'nv' driver (see nvidia_sd.jpg).

Driver anyone, please? Any ideas?

Your VMWare Virtual machine has a virtual graphics card. It emulates a 90s SVGA VGA card (with support for a more modern version of the VESA BIOS extensions). It doesn't use the native capabilities of your machine.

jon80
06-08-08, 03:42 PM
As far as I know, you're stuck with VMware's driver in virtual machines. Try installing VMware Tools from VM > install VMware tools.

It's installed, but the screen resolution is not retained, even after restarting the OS.