PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden 2

LurkerLito
06-08-08, 11:51 AM
Well I got NG2 from gamefly yesterday and they changed some of the aspects of the game in a not so good way. The worst part of it is the essence absorption is automatic even if you're holding down the block button. If you have played NG sigma or the older NG games on the xbox this is a terrible thing because you can't max out your super move all time because if you don't do it immediately you just absorb the essence after a couple of seconds. The camera for some reason feels worse than the NG sigma and from a PS3 perspective, the loading seems slower because there was no HD install something I have begun to really like especially in games like NG where dying is very easy. The audio also stutters occasionally from what I believe is the disc streaming data.

But it's not all bad. The violence level has increased. If you thought the old NG series was violent you haven't seen anything yet. The removal of limbs is very common and the need to dispatch the injured is required to survive as they can potentially do more damage to you with suicide attacks if given an opportunity. I might be a bit rusty or maybe it's the controller but some moves are harder to pull off than before but for some reason it seems easier to push the ninja magic combo as I seemed to have triggered it several times unintentionally.

Overall if your a fan of NG this is still a good game, though I really wish they didn't do the auto absorb essence thing it's the one thing that really kind of bothers me a lot since I put a good deal of playtime in NG sigma on the PS3. I'd really also love to use my PS3 controller on the 360 but we know that'll never happen :).

ASUSEN7900GTX
06-08-08, 03:05 PM
well i canīt kill that guy in the inferno of dragon palace he is just too fast and deadly iīve tried, the staff, sword,claws nothing helps me

adn i also noticed some occational mini freeze donīt know why but oh well

so if anyone knows how to beat that guy i would be happier

Lfctony
06-08-08, 03:21 PM
Picked it up, haven't had time to play it yet. Will get to it eventually. MGS4 is also coming out in 4 days, I also have Haze and Mass Effect to finish... Will I, I wonder...

LurkerLito
06-08-08, 03:58 PM
well i canīt kill that guy in the inferno of dragon palace he is just too fast and deadly iīve tried, the staff, sword,claws nothing helps me

adn i also noticed some occational mini freeze donīt know why but oh well

so if anyone knows how to beat that guy i would be happier

The Samurai guy with the claw in chapter 2 that was fighting your father? If that is the one he can be a tough one if you fight him head on, but he isn't that hard if you just constantly counter him when he attacks. He has one combo that can break your block where he follows through so other than one attack to avoid (sidestep) you can pretty much just stand still block and counter and beat him.

ASUSEN7900GTX
06-08-08, 04:09 PM
ok so nag him down is the fight i see iīll try it later too busy since i got the pc back today :D

NarcissistZero
06-08-08, 04:48 PM
I like the demo, but not love. I have never been a super fan of this series anyway, they're just fun games to play when they've gone down in price.

EciDemon
06-09-08, 04:59 AM
Dang it suxx you cant save the orbs with block anymore, you would get into super killing mode by making good use of the orbs by using on land charge, kill, wait for orb and on land charge kill again ,, *sigh*

LurkerLito
06-10-08, 01:25 AM
Wow the difficulty got a lot harder starting at chapter 5. Now the camera problems are really annoying. The should have offered a "zoomed out" view cause at it's current setting everything can get in your way. Timing moves and blocks gets really difficult.

BTW, they removed the auto walking on water thing and now you have to press the jump button constantly. You also MUST fight on the water in places and it is real annoying. Think fighting while tapping the jump button when you need to close in on your opponents, and unable to block. Not to mention that if you jump during a move you sink and have to swim back to the surface and start with the jump button to get back to running on water. Real psychotic.

Also I might have been wrong with block not saving orbs. It might actually do it but the problem is if you move jump or someone breaks your block you automatically absorb it if they have been around a few seconds even with the block button down.

OldOfEvil
06-10-08, 05:49 AM
BTW, they removed the auto walking on water thing and now you have to press the jump button constantly.

??

I don't recall auto water walking on the first game.

EciDemon
06-10-08, 07:13 AM
Auto walking on water was introduced in Sigma, you can even jump about as long as you dont stop ... felt kinda wrong if you ask me, I prefered the old way.

OldOfEvil
06-10-08, 09:07 AM
Auto walking on water was introduced in Sigma, you can even jump about as long as you dont stop ... felt kinda wrong if you ask me, I prefered the old way.

Ahh, so they made it "easier" in Sigma and NG2.

NarcissistZero
06-10-08, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty sure you auto-ran across water in the Xbox Gaiden as well, but I guess I could be wrong.

LurkerLito
06-10-08, 02:07 PM
I think the original you had to press the jump button to stay on top of the water, but that changed with the Sigma and maybe Black (never got black version so I am not sure).

NarcissistZero
06-10-08, 05:35 PM
Well Black is the version I played, so who knows...

EciDemon
06-11-08, 05:54 AM
Autowalk on water is only in Sigma, old NG and Black you have to time your jumpbutton with the rythm ryu runs on the water, else he falls down under the surface.

Only place it's usefull is in Ruys village by the waterfall, theres a chest you need to run over to, unless ive missed something.

I didnt know about this feature when i picked up Sigma last week, so when I got there and was to run on the water ryu started jumping and freaking out and I was very confused about what happend lol, untill i realised i didnt need to press the jump button anymore

LurkerLito
06-29-08, 10:00 AM
I finally finished NG2 and let me say it is one of the most frustrating games out there and not in a good way. The biggest problem really is the camera positioning, there are too many moments where you really just can't see a thing and will have to blindly do button combos hoping your doing the damage instead of receiving it. Its really sad in a way because they could fix it by just zooming the camera out a little bit in probably most of the situations. There is significant slow down in some areas that will really mess up your combos. In one area there were so many enemies that I was below 10FPS. It was like playing in slow motion. And that audio stutter was present throughout the game.

I'd rate the game about a 7/10 because of the problems. To compare I'd rank Sigma about a 9/10. Still as a fan of the NG series it is still a must play game, but I am definitely not keeping it because I can't see myself trying to beat the harder difficulty levels with the frustrating camera angles. I hope a more polished version comes out later for the PS3. I'd really love to use my PS3 controller with this game and have it installed on the HD to fix the audio issues.