PDA

View Full Version : Be careful at other FS/FT forums

Pages : [1] 2

ragejg
06-10-08, 10:55 AM
Dear ragejg,

You have received an infraction at [H]ard|Forum.

Reason: Thread Crapping
-------
From the FS/FT rules: (18) No THREAD CRAPPING. It is rude and will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with the price, the seller or the conditions of the sale, contact the seller directly, do not post it in the thread.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:

1.Retail AMD ATHLON x2 4200+ 939 w/hsf (I purchased this new from tigerdirect a tad over a year ago. Some pins got bent from an ex-girlfriend rampage when she grabbed my gaming computer and yanked it in the floor causing the weight of the cooler to jar the cpu out of its socket. I spent an hour and a half bending the pins so the chip would insert back into the mobo. Its been up and running stable for over a month now on the computer I'm posting this new sale thread on. These are going for 110+ on ebay + shipping so I would like to get $110 shipped.

The cpu you're selling is damaged, and thusly really should not at all be sold at a premium. Yeah, I'm interested in it, but seriously, if your rig got knocked around enough to cause real damage, and the cpu required intricate pin work by you in a non Class 2 Antistatic environment (i.e: with antistatic floor mat, static strap on foot and/or wrist), then really it should be sold for a much lower price.

All the best,
[H]ard|Forum

Hmm, was never aware of the point system.

Is that in use here?

I don't believe it is, and furthermore I think that here we can exhibit and convey a community-wide opinion on FS/FT ethics if the situation calls for it.

I'm not gonna whine about my infraction, maybe I'll just throw one little thing.

/with Pantera cranked, grabs a file cabinet and prepares to jettison it into the nearest wall

J/K:p

S.I.N
06-10-08, 11:12 AM
More like abide by the rules of other forums. I like [H] because you can make want to buy threads over there and basically find anything hardware and game wise.

Bearclaw
06-10-08, 11:27 AM
That point system is retarded. He wasn't thread crapping. He was just adding to the F/S thread. [H] is so full of ****.

evox
06-10-08, 11:39 AM
That point system is retarded. He wasn't thread crapping. He was just adding to the F/S thread. [H] is so full of ****.
So is Kyle Bennett. But I like their reviews, and their forums are generally VERY informative. :)

|MaguS|
06-10-08, 11:41 AM

NO THREAD CRAPPING!

That will be 1 infraction point. NO SOUP FOR YOU, ONE YEAR!

Bearclaw
06-10-08, 11:49 AM
Don't make me give you a desadulation.

XDanger
06-10-08, 12:59 PM
He gave the full story about the cpu, if people wanted to buy it for that price or haggle him down its upto them.

No need to piss on the guys fire.

Queen Trigger
06-10-08, 01:03 PM

Is that in use here?

I don't believe it is, and furthermore I think that here we can exhibit and convey a community-wide opinion on FS/FT ethics if the situation calls for it.

I'm not gonna whine about my infraction, maybe I'll just throw one little thing.

/with Pantera cranked, grabs a file cabinet and prepares to jettison it into the nearest wall

Leave our walls alone...we need our security deposit back soon.

ragejg
06-10-08, 01:25 PM
Well, I didn't yell in the post, and I didn't call him a ripoff artist... I plaintively conveyed a valid observation to him.

I'll pee all over his fire, and on him even, if I very well want to. My merwang wants to embarrass someone. :p:p

Bearclaw
06-10-08, 01:44 PM
So is Kyle Bennett. But I like their reviews, and their forums are generally VERY informative. :)

As informative as it there forums may be, the whole point system, etc. is dumb. to take this to a more general sense, it is why I work for myself and not for somebody else or some company. I hate the whole system.

Stick it to the man!

SLippe
06-10-08, 02:05 PM
Who else is turned on?

Bearclaw
06-10-08, 02:07 PM
:bleh:

LORD-eX-Bu
06-10-08, 03:11 PM
I got massive wood.

lIqUID
06-10-08, 03:53 PM
ohhh, you got a demerit!

Zelda_fan
06-10-08, 09:18 PM

Is that in use here?

In all honesty, you should have PM'd him with a lower offer and told him it was because of the damage. He was trying to make a buck, and you did crap his thread. I mean, I don't think you should be banned, but it was sort of a dick move.

ragejg
06-11-08, 06:16 AM
In all honesty, you should have PM'd him with a lower offer and told him it was because of the damage. He was trying to make a buck, and you did crap his thread. I mean, I don't think you should be banned, but it was sort of a dick move.

Point taken.

Sorta.

K007
06-11-08, 06:37 AM
This gf must have been really pissed..../meow

Bearclaw
06-11-08, 07:22 AM

Wrong.

ragejg
06-12-08, 05:49 AM
This gf must have been really pissed..../meow

huh? who?

nekrosoft13
06-12-08, 06:17 AM

that is the point on hardforum. i go there sometimes to sell or buy. this system is basically in place to stay on topic. I personally like it. When someone is selling it thread stays clean, there is no 50 useless post in every FS thread

ViN86
06-12-08, 08:47 AM
i dont understand how your response was thread crapping. the guy was trying to sell a damaged product at full price :wtf:

the only thing i think you should have done is PM him instead of posting it directly.

ragejg
06-12-08, 09:10 AM
i dont understand how your response was thread crapping. the guy was trying to sell a damaged product at full price :wtf:

the only thing i think you should have done is PM him instead of posting it directly.

Agreed. But I'm just not like that. Adapting a Bigman filosfee I tell it like it is ... uhm, hurr. :p:p

Zelda_fan
06-12-08, 10:20 AM

but he did disclose that it had been damaged, and it supposedly worked perfectly. He wasn't doing anything dishonest. If you don't like the price them PM him with a lower offer or move on to the next thread. Don't sit there and **** block his thread by whining about how the price should be lower. If someone was willing to pay the full price then what's wrong with that?

ragejg
06-12-08, 10:49 AM
Don't sit there and **** block bla bla bla If someone was willing to pay the full price then what's wrong with that?

:rolleyes:

What's wrong with that?! For example if I'm strolling around in a car dealership and see a dealer talking to a guy, and he's about to be sold a vehicle at full msrp... and I look at the body lines and see pounds and pounds of bondo underneath the paint or a bent frame, I'm DEFINITELY gonna do what I can to stop the guy and/or call the salesman out. It would have been a better analogy if I'd said that the dealer did in fact tell the guy about the damage... even if the guy was still about to buy the vehicle after that I'd still be like "check you head, fool!" and hope that he snaps out of it and either tries to negotiate a lower price or moves on to another dealership.

... I worked most of my adult life as tooling/calibration/testing manager and assembly tipster in a class 2 and 3 electronic assembly plant, doing mostly military and medical grade electronic work. I know well what kind of strain it takes to cause bent pins on any IC, what kind of strain is required to fix them, what kind of potential for future damage there is, how probable it is that static damage can occur... etc etc...

Aside from bending pins back multipe times, I've actually replaced pins on a CPU before. Tricky work, and when done right you can get the full lifetime out of the chip. I also replaced an AGP port with a new connector. Required a lotta prep work to make sure all the components didn't spill off the board when applying the heat gun to the fluxed motherboard.

Consumer motherboards and cpu's are not Class II or above, and therefore are more susceptible to damage.

If you do things like this to components you definitely shouldn't be selling said components at any where near MSRP, and if you do then I will come to your house and poop in your wife's flower garden. :firedevil

Bearclaw
06-12-08, 10:52 AM
He called the guy out on a shoddy product. Fair game.