PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS Latency Spikes

kevsmif80
06-11-08, 03:16 PM
I recently purchased the Gateway P-6860 which has the 8800M GTS in it for using VirtualDJ and doing live music video mixing. I hooked the output up to a old desktop screen to display the videos as I ran the program on my laptop screen. I am using a firewire external soundcard and if I am just playing mp3's everything seems to run ok as far as sound quality. When I load up 2 videos to mix I get real bad distortion and poor sound quality. I used the DPC Latency Tester and discovered everything seems to work fine until the videos are loaded and then it spikes into red! I have to assume its the NVIDIA drivers causing this and wonder if there is a fix coming? Anyone else using an external soundcard and having poor quality sound?

sharangad
06-12-08, 05:19 PM
I recently purchased the Gateway P-6860 which has the 8800M GTS in it for using VirtualDJ and doing live music video mixing. I hooked the output up to a old desktop screen to display the videos as I ran the program on my laptop screen. I am using a firewire external soundcard and if I am just playing mp3's everything seems to run ok as far as sound quality. When I load up 2 videos to mix I get real bad distortion and poor sound quality. I used the DPC Latency Tester and discovered everything seems to work fine until the videos are loaded and then it spikes into red! I have to assume its the NVIDIA drivers causing this and wonder if there is a fix coming? Anyone else using an external soundcard and having poor quality sound?

I wouldn't bet on it being nVidia. Creative Labs' soundcards are notorious for this sort of thing. Do you have a Creative s/c?

KasuCode
06-12-08, 05:21 PM
I have no issues.

kevsmif80
06-13-08, 03:03 PM
no i dont i have an edirol fa 66 but the thing is i get these spikes even without this hooked up! i have done some research and it seems its a bus latency issue! is there a way they can fix that sort of thing with a driver update? if so please someone let me know who works on this how we can get it resolved. i am willing to donate to the cause...