PDA

View Full Version : Survey Says 1 in 5 Casual Gamers Have Disability

Pages : [1] 2

evox
06-11-08, 03:59 PM
A new study says that one in five casual gamers have a disability. That means 20% of the people that play Bejeweled have a mental, physical or developmental disability.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53088

Lawl.....

Bearclaw
06-11-08, 04:01 PM
:wtf:

JigenD
06-11-08, 04:15 PM
That probably counts Wii fanboys, of which 100% are mentally disabled.

ADDED VIA EDIT : LOL the article is even better :

Most Common Disabilities

* Physical (46% Overall)
o Rheumatoid Arthritis/Osteoarthritis (14%) - got this by playing too many casual games
o Fibromyalgia (11%) - look up this 'disease', I don't think they can even really diagnose it!
o Multiple Sclerosis (7%)
* Mental (29% Overall)
o Moderate/Severe Depression (41%) - played too many casual games so all your friends left you
o Bipolar Disorder (16%) - mania (when you win), depressive (when you lose)
o Anxiety Disorder (15%) - stress from playing games
* Developmental/Learning (25% Overall)
o ADD/ADHD (46%) - attention span reduced due to instant rewards of games
o Autism (15%) - lack of social skills due to playing too many games
o Dyslexia (11%) - didn't learn to spell right because skipped school to play games

ralinn
06-11-08, 04:18 PM
90% of that 1 in 5 are all on Xbox Live...

evox
06-11-08, 04:31 PM
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6024/doofy27rz.png

crainger
06-11-08, 05:57 PM

Are they the same ones that scream obscenities at you when you've ONLY played 10 games of UNO?

RoachMojo
06-11-08, 07:22 PM

LOL yeah. My xbox freak neighbor is into "boosting" now "Oh I'm Boosting tonight!"

She is effing BOOSTING her XBOX360 GAMERSCORE. Playing games that boost her score. Not because the game is fun, but because it BOOSTS her ****ing score so she can have bragging rights over other lame-ass xbox nerds.

That just makes me want to break ****....:banghead:

|MaguS|
06-11-08, 07:24 PM
I will agree, I probably suffer from ADD (Advance Dungeon and Dragons) err I mean...

bacon12
06-11-08, 07:27 PM
No surprise I knew console gamers were crazy to buy crap titles at $60 a pop without so much as complaint. My brother who is the tightest human ever even does this, and I was looking through a box in the spare bedroom with at least 50 titles in it, maybe 5 I would actually play.

JigenD
06-11-08, 07:32 PM
LOL yeah. My xbox freak neighbor is into "boosting" now "Oh I'm Boosting tonight!"

She is effing BOOSTING her XBOX360 GAMERSCORE. Playing games that boost her score. Not because the game is fun, but because it BOOSTS her ****ing score so she can have bragging rights over other lame-ass xbox nerds.

That just makes me want to break ****....:banghead:

Is she hot?

|MaguS|
06-11-08, 07:36 PM
No surprise I knew console gamers were crazy to buy crap titles at $60 a pop without so much as complaint. My brother who is the tightest human ever even does this, and I was looking through a box in the spare bedroom with at least 50 titles in it, maybe 5 I would actually play.

Um where does it say it limits it to console only casual gamers?

bacon12
06-11-08, 08:13 PM
I never said casual, but every other study except "pc gaming is dead oh noes" is done for consoles.

JigenD
06-11-08, 08:14 PM
I never said casual, but every other study except "pc gaming is dead oh noes" is done for consoles.

Considering they mention Peggle, which isn't even on consoles, it was about PC gamers.

bacon12
06-11-08, 08:16 PM
Considering they mention Peggle, which isn't even on consoles, it was about PC gamers.

Ok you got me I didn't even read it, like most studies done on gaming. Does that mean i has disability? :(

JigenD
06-11-08, 08:18 PM
Ok you got me I didn't even read it, like most studies done on gaming. Does that mean i has disability? :(

Probably emotional / mental. Take 10 pills and call me in the morning.

RoachMojo
06-11-08, 10:39 PM
Is she hot?

LOL, she's ok, but too much BOOSTING on the couch is taking it's toll...poor couch. :D

Mr Bigman
06-11-08, 11:45 PM
Hmm, a Peggy Bundy. LOL Nintendo era but not for her.

WeReWoLf
06-12-08, 03:22 AM
I have a disability. I'm partially blind, nightblind and am sensitive to light. I also have a small case of Asperger's Syndrom. Where's the 4 other normal people?

CaptNKILL
06-12-08, 03:25 AM
I have a disability. I'm partially blind, nightblind and am sensitive to light. I also have a small case of Asperger's Syndrom. Where's the 4 other normal people?

If it weren't for my abnormally HUGE genitals, I'd be normal...

CaptNKILL
06-12-08, 03:51 AM
you have no idea how hard that made me laugh :rofl:

They should make a game called Wiitard where you have to hold the Wiimote and slap it against your chest as fast as possible to fill up the drool meter.

Level two could involve screaming at the floor or something... it doesn't really matter if there is a level two or not, cuz you're Wiitarded.

crainger
06-12-08, 04:14 AM
They should make a game called Wiitard where you have to hold the Wiimote and slap it against your chest as fast as possible to fill up the drool meter.

Level two could involve screaming at the floor or something... it doesn't really matter if there is a level two or not, cuz you're Wiitarded.

Isn't that how all Wii games are played?

BYW U play the roll of a retard so all Wii games are RPG.

CaptNKILL
06-12-08, 04:18 AM
Isn't that how all Wii games are played?

BYW U play the roll of a retard so all Wii games are RPG.

Yeah, the TRPG has really increased in popularity because of the Wii. I remember when Tard Role Playing Games were only played by the most hardcore casual gamers.

RAY16
06-12-08, 04:45 AM
They need to do a survey on the number of PC Gamers who are elitists.

CaptNKILL
06-12-08, 05:04 AM
They need to do a survey on the number of PC Gamers who are elitists.

Do they? :lol:

bacon12
06-12-08, 06:47 AM
If it weren't for my abnormally HUGE genitals, I'd be normal...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7YUuyzQDmjY&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7YUuyzQDmjY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>