PDA

View Full Version : Installed 177.26, 8800GTX, now PowerDVD Ultra 8.0 says im not compatible

Pages : [1] 2

Plug
06-12-08, 07:38 AM
Cant get my HDDVD or Bluray movies working via PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra

they where working with 174.xx but not these...

is there a fix, has anyone else noticed ?

nekrosoft13
06-12-08, 07:48 AM
that basically means who ever modded the INF did it wrong.

i would suggest looking for properly modded inf file, or do one yourself. I haven't personally tested BD with that driver yet. but if that is the case will have to find a new modded inf file and reinstall the driver.

nekrosoft13
06-12-08, 08:29 AM
did you get the modded inf from here?
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1677684&postcount=11

if you did you could also ty this modded inf, not sure if it was modded correctly, but if BD playback in PowerDVD works, then it was.
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/175series/17726_vista64/nv_disp.inf

main problem is when people mod inf files most of them don't have HD-DVD/BD drive, and never pay attention, or test it properly.

Plug
06-12-08, 08:41 AM
that basically means who ever modded the INF did it wrong.

i would suggest looking for properly modded inf file, or do one yourself. I haven't personally tested BD with that driver yet. but if that is the case will have to find a new modded inf file and reinstall the driver.

Tryed 4 diffrent versions lol all with modded infs from places.

same crap incompatible with PDVD8 Ultra + Bluray or HDDVD...

could you tell me if there is a earlier 177.xx driver or whats the latest driver before this driver came out as that should work... 175.xx ? 176.xx ?

Plug
06-12-08, 08:43 AM
did you get the modded inf from here?
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1677684&postcount=11

if you did you could also ty this modded inf, not sure if it was modded correctly, but if BD playback in PowerDVD works, then it was.
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/175series/17726_vista64/nv_disp.inf

main problem is when people mod inf files most of them don't have HD-DVD/BD drive, and never pay attention, or test it properly.

Labtop2go was the first version inf that i installed lol
then i tryed one from this very forum......

do you know what the best driver was before this one came out ? 176.xx 175.xx ?? need the best one or the latest one

grey_1
06-12-08, 08:47 AM
Labtop2go was the first version inf that i installed lol
then i tryed one from this very forum......

do you know what the best driver was before this one came out ? 176.xx 175.xx ?? need the best one or the latest one

Try the 175.63...I believe everything worked for most people with it.

nekrosoft13
06-12-08, 08:51 AM
175.63 is excellent driver, just stay away from 175.70, .75 and .80

once i get home today i will play around with 177.26 and try to fix that PowerDVD problem. Just so you know PowerDVD problem is actually HDCP issue, and this HDCP issue doesn't affect 3D acceleration in any way. so game play will be absolutly fine.

Plug
06-12-08, 08:55 AM
175.63 is excellent driver, just stay away from 175.70, .75 and .80

once i get home today i will play around with 177.26 and try to fix that PowerDVD problem. Just so you know PowerDVD problem is actually HDCP issue, and this HDCP issue doesn't affect 3D acceleration in any way. so game playback will be absolutly fine.

Thanks guys.

and thankyou for going to extended tests for me to try and get PDVD 8 Ultra working with 177.26

that is one sweet driver but without Movie playback then its no good for me ;)

i will in the mean time try 175.63 and post back if PDVD is working again and let you know but keep working on 177.26 for me as i would rather use those :D

and you say its a HDCP issue hmmm i have both graphics card and HDTV wich is HDCP complient i also have ANYDVD HD installed latest update and still it refuses lol
ohh well

thanks again.

Plug
06-12-08, 09:11 AM
175.63 works ;D

thanks for the tip, now to look about like you for a 177.26 PDVD8 Fix :p

Yaboze
06-12-08, 09:16 AM
I have just switched to 175.63, Nekro is right, this driver pwns. I don't bother with modded drivers. They exclude cards for a reason, IMHO.

XxDeadlyxX
06-12-08, 07:26 PM
I'm using 177.26 with an 8800GTX and PDVD8 Ultra works just fine...

nekrosoft13
06-12-08, 10:14 PM
upload the modded inf you used, i didn't have a second to look into this. just got back home. right after work i went car shopping.

nekrosoft13
06-12-08, 10:34 PM
i just tried, and blu-ray playback is working, didn't have to change anything

when i said it probably wasn't modded correctly, at that time i had not actually tested it.

right now it seems everything is perfectly fine. not sure why it isn't working for you Plug

bd playback i tried with Shooter movie

Plug
06-13-08, 07:07 AM
i just tried, and blu-ray playback is working, didn't have to change anything

when i said it probably wasn't modded correctly, at that time i had not actually tested it.

right now it seems everything is perfectly fine. not sure why it isn't working for you Plug

bd playback i tried with Shooter movie

As you can see and this is with the latest patch. 177.26 driver, for the life of me i cant use it so untill thats fixed i guess 175 i will be useing ;)
i dont know why its working for you but for me its not :(

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1858/17726notworkingmc8.jpg

Phyxion
06-13-08, 07:15 AM
As you can see and this is with the latest patch. 177.26 driver, for the life of me i cant use it so untill thats fixed i guess 175 i will be useing ;)

Just don't use PowerDVD, there are better programs available for free and don't check anything, they just work :)

Toss3
06-13-08, 07:19 AM

The first thing you need to figure out is that you can't use an older version of the nv_disp.inf with these drivers - it will immediately result in PowerDVD issues. What you need to do is learn how to mod the inf yourself so that you can keep the original inf intended for the driver, so that every part of the driver installs correctly.

Most of the pre-modded versions come with an older inf, resulting in HDCP issues. So just remember, google is your friend! ;)

Blu-ray playback working fine here as well.

EDIT: Uploaded a modded inf for you, that should work(remember to replace .doc with .inf before moving it to the 177.26 folder).

bacon12
06-13-08, 07:19 AM
Can someone link the 175.63 please

andy_nv
06-13-08, 07:22 AM
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showforum=93

Plug
06-13-08, 09:24 AM
The first thing you need to figure out is that you can't use an older version of the nv_disp.inf with these drivers - it will immediately result in PowerDVD issues. What you need to do is learn how to mod the inf yourself so that you can keep the original inf intended for the driver, so that every part of the driver installs correctly.

Most of the pre-modded versions come with an older inf, resulting in HDCP issues. So just remember, google is your friend! ;)

Blu-ray playback working fine here as well.

EDIT: Uploaded a modded inf for you, that should work(remember to replace .doc with .inf before moving it to the 177.26 folder).

Tryed your inf mate, was much smaller than the one i had, i overwritten the inf and installed right over the top installed perfectly, rebooted system, still says incompatible graphics driver.

there isnt much more i can try.
dont know what the hell it could be... ohh well i tryed. lol

nekrosoft13
06-13-08, 09:40 AM
if it doesn't work stick with 175.63. we will see a new 177 driver probably on monday or tuesday on nvidia.com.

not that long of a wait.

edit: just one more thing, when you were installing that driver, did you disable your Antivirus? sometimes Antivirus might prevent registry edits.

K007
06-13-08, 10:03 AM
A Few people over at Guru3d got it to run. Huge improvements to Vantage apparently.

Toss3
06-14-08, 02:22 AM
Tryed your inf mate, was much smaller than the one i had, i overwritten the inf and installed right over the top installed perfectly, rebooted system, still says incompatible graphics driver.

there isnt much more i can try.
dont know what the hell it could be... ohh well i tryed. lol

Have you tried actually playing a blu-ray disc or are you just running the PowerDVD compatibility tool?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=31890&stc=1&d=1213425017

Plug
06-14-08, 01:10 PM
Have you tried actually playing a blu-ray disc or are you just running the PowerDVD compatibility tool?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=31890&stc=1&d=1213425017

Tryed playing a Bluray and HDDVD, power dvd spits out incompatibility just before loading disk.

is there a file i can edit or reg entry to edit to over ride the compatibility lockout ?

Plug
06-14-08, 08:48 PM
Problem fixed guys ;)

i installed 175.xx, then bluray worked.
i then installed 177.26 but i didnt use the installer, i used device manager to install the 177.26 driver from the created inf above and wouldnt you know it works ;)

:D

seems when i install the driver from the setup exe file it doesnt work so thats how i got it to work.

Toss3
06-15-08, 03:45 AM
Problem fixed guys ;)

i installed 175.xx, then bluray worked.
i then installed 177.26 but i didnt use the installer, i used device manager to install the 177.26 driver from the created inf above and wouldnt you know it works ;)

:D

seems when i install the driver from the setup exe file it doesnt work so thats how i got it to work.
Heh nice to see that you managed to fix your problem! :) I can install both ways no problems, but each system is different so you never know! :)