PDA

View Full Version : SLI FOR INTEL WITH8/9 SERIES

sinister_steve
06-13-08, 09:05 PM
(nana2)(nana2)(nana2)NVIDIA 8/9 SLI FOR INTEL DRIVERS AVAILABLE .....SLI DRIVERS FOR INTEL WITH 8/9 NVIDIA CARDS CREATED FINALLY AFTER ALMOST A YEAR OF 6 TECKS AND MODERS...Now you can have sli on youre intel mobo with the 8/9 series cards..PM if wanted...I am going to have a auto reply system as to give instructions on how to get the drivers.As there has been much more calling for this drivers than first figured.iM GOING TO EVENTUALLY OPEN UP A WEB SITE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS ENLESS NVIDIA OPENLY RELEASES THESE DRIVERS THAT HAVE BEEN MODED FOR SLI ON INTEL WITH THE 8/9 SERIES CARDS..Rod 2008/06/13

3DBrad
06-13-08, 09:14 PM
What?

Are you pulling our legs? :p

Intel 775/P35 chipset?

Uberpwnage
06-13-08, 09:19 PM
If true, it's kinda a waste with the new cards coming out in a matter of days.

3DBrad
06-13-08, 09:42 PM
If it is true, I'd like to buy another 8800gt since they're so cheap.

Bman212121
06-13-08, 09:50 PM
There was a guy who posted about it here a while back.

http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113137

I'm guessing they figured out what they were working on.

Linky to their thread at techpowerup: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=60844

jcrox
06-13-08, 09:51 PM
LOL, unless nvidia releases them. You obviously have no idea what the word "license" means.

Sounds like virus material to me.

K007
06-13-08, 10:18 PM
If this is true and works...then this might get canned by nvidia similar to the creative thing...

Both sides intel and nvidia will be going after people who distribute it -.-...

which is sad but...

LORD-eX-Bu
06-13-08, 10:49 PM
omg guys it works.

CaptNKILL
06-14-08, 12:18 AM
I'm still saying this is BS until someone posts real results and screenshots.

I only skimmed through the threads about this hacked driver, but it sounds like no one is actually using SLI with them. :eek2:

K007
06-14-08, 12:41 AM
The FBI is on him.

sinister_steve
06-14-08, 03:05 PM
We are counsel for NVIDIA Corporation ("NVIDIA"). We write to express our client's very serious concerns about the "SLI" mod that is being offered by you for Internet users.
As you are undoubtedly aware, NVIDIA is a market leader in graphics display technologies. In particular, our client uses its SLI trademark in connection with its proprietary software and associated hardware to allow computer users to combine multiple NVIDIA graphics solutions into a single system. Not surprisingly, NVIDIA has applied to register the SLI trademark and other marks containing the SLI term in the United States, under Application Serial Nos. 78/458,545, 78/511,794, 78/511,793, 78/512,171, 78/512,166, as well as in a number of foreign jurisdictions, including Israel. Several of these applications have been allowed and/or have published in their respective jurisdictions, including in the United States.

You offer a "SLI MOD" ("SLI Patch") to users apparently for the purpose of combining multiple graphics boards based on chips from providers other than NVIDIA. We have attached an exemplar of such use at Exhibit A to this letter. Your SLI MOD appears intended to circumvent NVIDIA's measures to protect its copyrights. Based on the foregoing, NVIDIA has claims against you for violations of the anti-circumvention provisions of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), 17 U.S.C. 1201 et seq. The DMCA's anti-circumvention sections provide that an injured party may seek injunctive relief, actual damages, and statutory damages. In addition, while NVIDIA has no objections to legitimate discussions of its products, the SLI trademark here is used in connection with a MOD that does not originate from NVIDIA. For this reason, NVIDIA is concerned that use of the SLI name in connection with the SLI MOD is likely to lead to consumer confusion as to whether the product is sponsored by NVIDIA.

NVIDIA demands that you immediately (1) remove any links to the SLI MOD or any software downloads intended to circumvent NVIDIA's measures to protect its copyrights and (2) you cease use of the SLI name in connection with any such patch. We also demand you provide written assurances within five (5) days from the date of this letter that you agree to comply with (1) and (2) going forward. We are hopeful that this matter can be resolved amicably, and look forward to receiving your written assurances as soon as possible. While, again, NVIDIA respects your rights to maintain legitimate product discussions on your website, NVIDIA must take steps to preserve its valuable copyright and trademark rights

Madpistol
06-14-08, 03:09 PM
Yep... I knew Nvidia would exercise their licensing rights. Creating 3rd party drivers is one thing... creating drivers that will circumvent licensing of a certain product is called "illegal"

malachi1313
06-14-08, 03:14 PM
OH SNAP!! That didn't take long...Heck sli on supported chipsets are buggy enough, imagine the issues with these...

Zeus666
06-14-08, 03:35 PM
We are counsel for NVIDIA Corporation ("NVIDIA"). We write to express our client's very serious concerns about the "SLI" mod that is being offered by you for Internet users.
As you are undoubtedly aware, NVIDIA is a market leader in graphics display technologies. In particular, our client uses its SLI trademark in connection with its proprietary software and associated hardware to allow computer users to combine multiple NVIDIA graphics solutions into a single system. Not surprisingly, NVIDIA has applied to register the SLI trademark and other marks containing the SLI term in the United States, under Application Serial Nos. 78/458,545, 78/511,794, 78/511,793, 78/512,171, 78/512,166, as well as in a number of foreign jurisdictions, including Israel. Several of these applications have been allowed and/or have published in their respective jurisdictions, including in the United States.

You offer a "SLI MOD" ("SLI Patch") to users apparently for the purpose of combining multiple graphics boards based on chips from providers other than NVIDIA. We have attached an exemplar of such use at Exhibit A to this letter. Your SLI MOD appears intended to circumvent NVIDIA's measures to protect its copyrights. Based on the foregoing, NVIDIA has claims against you for violations of the anti-circumvention provisions of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), 17 U.S.C. 1201 et seq. The DMCA's anti-circumvention sections provide that an injured party may seek injunctive relief, actual damages, and statutory damages. In addition, while NVIDIA has no objections to legitimate discussions of its products, the SLI trademark here is used in connection with a MOD that does not originate from NVIDIA. For this reason, NVIDIA is concerned that use of the SLI name in connection with the SLI MOD is likely to lead to consumer confusion as to whether the product is sponsored by NVIDIA.

NVIDIA demands that you immediately (1) remove any links to the SLI MOD or any software downloads intended to circumvent NVIDIA's measures to protect its copyrights and (2) you cease use of the SLI name in connection with any such patch. We also demand you provide written assurances within five (5) days from the date of this letter that you agree to comply with (1) and (2) going forward. We are hopeful that this matter can be resolved amicably, and look forward to receiving your written assurances as soon as possible. While, again, NVIDIA respects your rights to maintain legitimate product discussions on your website, NVIDIA must take steps to preserve its valuable copyright and trademark rights

wth !? Do not even try to face they, pick the first fly to a free country like ..mhmhm .. mhmhm.... mhhmh ....mh .mh. hm......mhmh..hm.... ????
Whatever and masquerade you under false name .....

/END sarcasm

wow if this letter was real i probably would follow it literally

K007
06-14-08, 08:28 PM
Still didn't see any real results from anyone on intel chipsets anyway...

Uberpwnage
06-14-08, 08:34 PM
How many people with Intel chipsets actually have two cards to test?

SLippe
06-15-08, 08:58 AM
Don't the eVGA 750/780/790 boards support SLI/Tri-SLI? Am I missing something? I am thinking about buying the eVGA 750i FTW just because it says SLI, but it's an Intel board. WTF? :wtf:

EDIT: Nevermind. Just came to me. Duh! :o

LORD-eX-Bu
06-15-08, 10:48 AM
Just came to me. Duh! :o

:condom:

Tho Jo Smale
06-15-08, 12:15 PM

First thing.....don't call your mod SLi for Intel chipsets call it...something like:

Multi Brand Multiple GPU support for Intel based Platforms. Maybe MBMG for short?

Never reference Nvidia's proprietary technology SLi.

Now the haxed drivers issue is another thing. For Years I've seen guys like Xtreme G mod nvidia drivers with no legal repercussions, so you should be fine with modding the drivers as long as you do not reference SLi in any of your communications.

just my 2 cents.

JC

sinister_steve
06-16-08, 02:28 PM
First thing.....don't call your mod SLi for Intel chipsets call it...something like:

Multi Brand Multiple GPU support for Intel based Platforms. Maybe MBMG for short?

Never reference Nvidia's proprietary technology SLi.

Now the haxed drivers issue is another thing. For Years I've seen guys like Xtreme G mod nvidia drivers with no legal repercussions, so you should be fine with modding the drivers as long as you do not reference SLi in any of your communications.

just my 2 cents.

JC

Ok thanks man I will come up with new name for them..Steve