PDA

View Full Version : CryEngine 2 Enahnced footage ?

Pages : [1] 2

Zeus666
06-14-08, 11:32 AM
old news but, i really think that in this video :
http://www.crytek.com/fileadmin/user_upload/inside/presentations/gdc2008/SousaT_GDC_water_720_xvid.zip
from GDC 2008 we can see some enhancements of ce2, however the light seem different and more real, no more sun rays everywhere.

here more vids:
http://www.crytek.com/inside/presentations/

nice light:
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/4499/crysis0000vm6.jpg

maybe....

Ambrose
06-14-08, 11:46 AM
Dammit Zeus, I was expecting Warhead footage! :D

I don't know that I see what you see.

Eliminator
06-14-08, 11:57 AM
i barely notice any difference... i think they should focus more on optimising the game to work well on current hardware

Imbroglio
06-14-08, 12:56 PM
i barely notice any difference... i think they should focus more on optimising the game to work well on current hardware

also focusing on making the overall game not complete **** so they have to blame piracy again for poor sales.

- don't get me wrong, the game looks good, but the lack of any type of decent gameplay kills the game

evox
06-14-08, 02:43 PM
Looks the same to me.....

Eliminator
06-14-08, 03:44 PM
also focusing on making the overall game not complete **** so they have to blame piracy again for poor sales.

- don't get me wrong, the game looks good, but the lack of any type of decent gameplay kills the game
actually i really like game... one of the best FPS ive ever played imo...

CaptNKILL
06-14-08, 03:46 PM
actually i really like game... one of the best FPS ive ever played imo...

Same here.

I also don't think it sold poorly...

SH64
06-14-08, 05:00 PM
Looks good as usual ...

nekrosoft13
06-14-08, 05:25 PM
very fun game to play

3DBrad
06-14-08, 06:26 PM
I think Crytek is upset because they spend tons of time and money on awesome tech and gameplay, physics, etc. and Bungie Studios produces Halo 3, which, yeah, it's fun, and looks alright (mainly due to the engineers and rendering, as the art assets aren't that amazing), but that game was quite simple, and brought in tons of money.

Crysis was limited to one platform, and only a portion of that platform.

Imagine if Halo 3 or other games for consoles could ONLY run on "certain" Xbox360s or "certain" PS3s, well, you'd have even less sales.

ASUSEN7900GTX
06-14-08, 06:34 PM
think HALO 3 redone for PC with DX10 as a "true" dx10 game optimized to max that would make Crytek seem even more like asses i mean they came out so hard that crysis is the **** playable on older PCīs were is taht crysis not the one i have for sure

naah do it agian do ti right

sorry for any typos but my piece of crap keyboard wonīt write correct misses letters

3DBrad
06-14-08, 06:38 PM
You can play Crysis with a 7900gs.

The 8800gt is $130, and it's just as fast as an 8800gtx in 99.89% of time, and sometimes faster.

JigenD
06-14-08, 07:43 PM
I think Crytek is upset because they spend tons of time and money on awesome tech and gameplay, physics, etc. and Bungie Studios produces Halo 3, which, yeah, it's fun, and looks alright (mainly due to the engineers and rendering, as the art assets aren't that amazing), but that game was quite simple, and brought in tons of money.

Crysis was limited to one platform, and only a portion of that platform.

Imagine if Halo 3 or other games for consoles could ONLY run on "certain" Xbox360s or "certain" PS3s, well, you'd have even less sales.

The reason they are pissed has nothing to do with Halo 3 or Bungie (which is a great game btw). When any company spends a lot of time and money on a game and it doesn't do as well as they hoped, that's disappointing. When at least part of the reason it did poorly is because tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of people stole the game, that makes you angry.

However, Crytek has noone to blame but themselves for making Crysis limited to a tiny portion of the PC platform. PC gaming is always split up with generations of hardware, but Crytek made a game that required (to take advantage of the main 'selling points') a PC well ahead of the curve.

Imagine if Bungie made Halo 4 so that you NEEDED to own a HD DVD addon drive and 120GB HDD. That's the same thing.

Uberpwnage
06-14-08, 07:58 PM
I haven't seen anyone really pinpoint exactly what it is that makes the gameplay so horrible... It can take a bit too many shots to kill someone, but that alone doesn't make it a bad game. From what I've found, for some reason it's alot easier to get a kill with the weapon on auto; generally I like to use single shot, but for Crysis auto works better.

K007
06-14-08, 08:24 PM
Halo 3 did well because it was advertised everywhere. Crysis wasn't all over TV...at least not in Australia.

JigenD
06-14-08, 08:46 PM
Halo 3 did well because it was advertised everywhere. Crysis wasn't all over TV...at least not in Australia.

Ads helped Halo 3, but the series has a huge fanbase built up from the previous two games (and the previous ad campaigns). Ads aren't just for TV, and for a PC game I don't think they're the strongest advertising method. There are online ads, magazine ads, and even stuff like viral / guerrilla marketing. Anyways, since they're selling to a small hardcore market (on PC), ads wouldn't have helped Crysis much at all.

Imbroglio
06-14-08, 10:08 PM
crysis was the best fps? and i bet before that you thought far cry was the best?

what's the difference between the two games besides upgraded graphics/physics and a nano suit?
oh i know, an alien level...... :headexplode:

nekrosoft13
06-14-08, 10:26 PM
crysis is better then far cry in many ways.

i never actually finished far cry, AI in far cry was quite bad, and they used to cheat quite a bit.

Ambrose
06-14-08, 10:49 PM
crysis is better then far cry in many ways.

i never actually finished far cry, AI in far cry was quite bad, and they used to cheat quite a bit.

Unfortunately the boat AI in Crysis still cheats.

Driver: "Hey, I saw a bush move!"

Gunner: "Where?"

Driver: "Don't matter. Just shoot!"

K007
06-14-08, 11:44 PM
Unfortunately the boat AI in Crysis still cheats.

Driver: "Hey, I saw a bush move!"

Gunner: "Where?"

Driver: "Don't matter. Just shoot!"

Its the shirt..

ASUSEN7900GTX
06-15-08, 05:34 AM
itīs simple far cry did pretty well

crysis not they did a big misstake making the game for future hardware.....who even thinks so in itīs right mind.

itīs like making a corvette for cyborgs and unless you get smahsed and then get some cyborg parts you can take advantage of a small portion of the COrvette.

thatīs just stupid to do like cytek did and i feel no sorry for them itīs their own fault.

perhaps in the future they think before they do.!

evox
06-15-08, 05:37 AM
God damn people, stop with the poor engine remarks. Quake I, FEAR, Oblivion, all of these titles choked the hell out of [then] present GPUs and ran smooth on the next generation refresh. I can't believe people bitch and moan about Crysis's performance considering just how good the game looks. :rolleyes:

nrdstrm
06-15-08, 01:40 PM
You guys are funny. If they would have made Crysis into a more "playable" game on more machines, you guys would be in here screaming "But it barely looks better than Farcry!!!"

ROFL

ASUSEN7900GTX
06-15-08, 01:59 PM
what i think is the issue is that crytek promised alot and delivered nearly half of it.

FastRedPonyCar
06-17-08, 10:23 AM
what i think is the issue is that crytek promised alot and delivered nearly half of it.

They delivered a magnificent tech demo. Well.. the actual game itself is a blast until the alien level and once you pop out on the edge of the cliff, fun resumes. I wish I knew the console command to load that frozen outdoor map once the korean guy is dead.