PDA

View Full Version : MGS4 got a 10 from Gamespot.

Pages : [1] 2 3

KasuCode
06-14-08, 05:49 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/index.html?tag=topten;all;title;0

Video Review

http://www.gamespot.com/video/926596/6192533/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots-video-review-

Eliminator
06-14-08, 05:55 PM
well i dont really trust them... gta4 got 10/10 also...

3DBrad
06-14-08, 06:21 PM
The review was so horrible.

He said that MSG4 had the "best graphics" out of any game. Some of the player models look good, but the animation is lacking, and the environments are rather bland (some of them, some are not).

At least Gametrailers gave it a 9.3/10, but I say, it deserves a 7/10, as MGS games are always boring. :(:p

NarcissistZero
06-14-08, 07:15 PM
When will people understand that the little numbers at the end of reviews really mean absolutely nothing? One man's 10 is another man's 5.

Read the reviews, see WHY they disliked it or loved it, and decide what the means to you. For instance: Timeshift gets a 6 because it's "just another FPS, but well done." A well done FPS for me is an instant purchase.

MGS4 sounds like the ultimate MGS game, but for me that still means it's crap.

Logical
06-14-08, 07:40 PM
I'll wait for a better optimised PC version with better visuals....it's bound to come sooner or later....

NarcissistZero
06-14-08, 07:49 PM
I'll wait for a better optimised PC version with better visuals....it's bound to come sooner or later....

I doubt it... 3 was never ported, and I doubt this one will be.

|MaguS|
06-14-08, 09:01 PM
The review was so horrible.

He said that MSG4 had the "best graphics" out of any game. Some of the player models look good, but the animation is lacking, and the environments are rather bland (some of them, some are not).

At least Gametrailers gave it a 9.3/10, but I say, it deserves a 7/10, as MGS games are always boring. :(:p

Sounds like you never played MGS4. The animations in MGS4 are perfect, I can't find any flaw in them. People behave very realistically and express proper emotions on their faces during scenes. Heck minor characters like the resistance show off expressions just as good as main characters...

KasuCode
06-14-08, 09:19 PM
Sounds like you never played MGS4. The animations in MGS4 are perfect, I can't find any flaw in them. People behave very realistically and express proper emotions on their faces during scenes. Heck minor characters like the resistance show off expressions just as good as main characters...

I agree, Beat MGS4 then tell me it isnt the best looking game a console has seen. MGS4 is the most fun and exciting game ive played in a long time. This might just be my new favorite action game.

3DBrad
06-14-08, 10:32 PM
No, I played MGS:O, but I sold my PS3, so I didn't buy the full version of course.

Still, the animations aren't that good, and this has been attested by others who actually work on games for a living. :p

S.I.N
06-14-08, 10:36 PM
No, I played MGS:O, but I sold my PS3, so I didn't buy the full version of course.

Still, the animations aren't that good, and this has been attested by others who actually work on games for a living. :p

You are so full of it. You have not played the game much less seen it in person, judge it when you have.

|MaguS|
06-14-08, 10:50 PM

So you reserved the game and then got the beta just to sell your PS3 afterwards?

Sorry but I don't buy it, I think your full of ****. Hell im willing to bet you never even owned a PS3.

Marvel_us
06-14-08, 11:29 PM
Funny how almost everyone who doesn't like the game are people who don't own it.

KasuCode
06-14-08, 11:29 PM

MGS4 has the best animations of any game hands down. I couldnt believe some of the stuff I was seeing rendered in real time.

The detail and attention put into the cutscenes blew me away. How many rendered models moving and sounding diffrent on the screen at one time.

NarcissistZero
06-15-08, 12:12 AM
Funny how almost everyone who doesn't like the game are people who don't own it.

If you played every game in a series and disliked all of them, would you be enthused about the newest installment from the same developers?

Marvel_us
06-15-08, 01:25 AM
If you played every game in a series and disliked all of them, would you be enthused about the newest installment from the same developers?

Never said you couldn't like it. Just saying people are knocking the game before trying it. You're just not into this type of game and that's fine. However, some people are nitpicking on what the game doesn't do without having even played it.

JigenD
06-15-08, 02:16 AM

It's up there, as long as you play enough into the game. Still not quite as good as Uncharted, and Crysis on an uber PC is better of course.

A year after the 360 version. :captnkill:

Yea, this is a high end PS3 game, they won't be making a PC port. 50GB install anyone? :)

FearMeAll
06-15-08, 07:37 AM
Never said you couldn't like it. Just saying people are knocking the game before trying it. You're just not into this type of game and that's fine. However, some people are nitpicking on what the game doesn't do without having even played it.

Agreed. Folks...at least rent the game before you cry about how bad it is. If you just want the gameplay and no cutscenes(which skipping them you will miss a LOT), it is still better than any splinter cell game. Hell, splinter cell is nothing but a ripoff of snake anyway. (I still like splinter cell though) The camera's fixed, controls are tight, and I don't think I've ever heard a game sound so freakin' good. I'm playing on a 160" screen though with blaring 5.1 surround sound.
Rent the game THEN tell us how bad it is or go away.

ralinn
06-15-08, 07:50 AM
It's up there, as long as you play enough into the game. Still not quite as good as Uncharted, and Crysis on an uber PC is better of course.

I'm not quite sure I understand all this Uncharted crap. Seriously, did I play a different game to everyone else? It looked great but it was definitely not up to MGS4 standard IMO. Having played both games all the way through, I honestly do not understand why people would rate Uncharted over MGS4...

The graveyard scene still looks way ahead of anything I've ever played. Some indoor environments are lacking though.

JigenD
06-15-08, 08:18 AM
I'm not quite sure I understand all this Uncharted crap. Seriously, did I play a different game to everyone else? It looked great but it was definitely not up to MGS4 standard IMO. Having played both games all the way through, I honestly do not understand why people would rate Uncharted over MGS4...

The graveyard scene still looks way ahead of anything I've ever played. Some indoor environments are lacking though.

Yea, you probably did play another game. Uncharted excels in just about every way. MGS4 is excellent looking as I said, but Uncharted is still the best looking console game.

ralinn
06-15-08, 09:03 AM
Uncharted just looked too fake, plastic and exaggerated to me. I definitely don't agree with it excelling in every way. Probably a taste thing I guess.

|MaguS|
06-15-08, 09:09 AM
I think MGS4 beats Uncharted because of style and art direction. On a technical level Uncharted is still better looking.

Zelda_fan
06-15-08, 09:43 AM
They're giving away tens like they're going out of style these days.

S.I.N
06-15-08, 10:03 AM
They're giving away tens like they're going out of style these days.

Kind of like the fives and sixes most Wii games get.

Destroy
06-15-08, 10:53 AM
Yea, you probably did play another game. Uncharted excels in just about every way. MGS4 is excellent looking as I said, but Uncharted is still the best looking console game.

I dunno. Gears of War is still pretty damn top notch on graphics. That is still the best in gfx on any console IMO.

On PS3, it'd call it a tie, depends on what aspect of graphics one likes better between Uncharted and MGS4.

KasuCode
06-15-08, 01:31 PM
MGS4 looks more realistic to me over uncharted. Uncharted looks great but it always 98% of the time looks like a game.

And I do own both.

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/2097/pict0649wu8.jpg