PDA

View Full Version : EVGA GTX 280

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

jAkUp
06-22-08, 01:57 PM
He'd never admit to it if he did. He "loved his" quad SLI and everyone that used even a single GX2 had micro stutter issues. As with any SLI / CF the frames can be rendered slightly off causing this micro stutter (google it there are many articles on it). It exists in all multi GPU setups.

So, yes, I'm sure it's there. But as an EVGA employee and Nvidia pimp he'd never admit it. :D

I admitted to microstuttering on GX2, that is why I like this setup so much more.

Quad SLI was fast, but only with lower AA/AF, and some games didn't stutter at all for me.

For example, Crysis and WiC were pretty stuttery, but COD4 and AC didn't stutter much at all. If there is stuttering with 3x GTX 280's, I don't see it.

jAkUp
06-22-08, 02:00 PM
Jakup, sorry to hijack your thread, but your PM box is full...

Thanks mate... :(

Yes the OC models go through more strict QA, so you should be fine with any of them.

Truth is, they are all tested, but the OC models go through another layer of testing, especially the SSC and FTW models

Lfctony
06-22-08, 02:18 PM
I just want the card that I receive to be in working condition. Don't really care about pre-overclocked cards, it's just that I want something that received a bit of testing before it went in the box for sale, thus reducing the chances of me receiving another dud... :(

Mr_LoL
06-23-08, 12:37 AM
Jakup have you actually thought of investing in a 30 inch monitor to give those cards a proper workout and get a bit of value for money? Rigs like yours deserve to have their games played at 2560 x 1600 which is the best.

brady
06-23-08, 08:02 AM
jAkUp, are you using the GPU benchmark .bat to bench Crysis? You posted these scores and I just want to be sure I'm testing under the same conditions.

Crysis 1280x1024, Single Card, VH settings + 4xAA
25.29FPS

With my single 8800GTX I'm getting the following:

Vista x64, x64 exe, 1280x1024, DX10, VH +4xAA
19.05FPS

The 280 is performing 33% better than my 8800GTX under those conditions assuming we're using the same test.

SH64
06-24-08, 07:43 AM
I admitted to microstuttering on GX2, that is why I like this setup so much more.

Quad SLI was fast, but only with lower AA/AF, and some games didn't stutter at all for me.

For example, Crysis and WiC were pretty stuttery, but COD4 and AC didn't stutter much at all. If there is stuttering with 3x GTX 280's, I don't see it.
jAkUp you dont get any micro-stuttering due to the fact that 3xGTX280's can play any game out there smoothly including Crysis & WiC. (duh!)
CoD4 & AC OTOH are not that heavy for the GX2 setup.

i believe thats why.

XxDeadlyxX
06-24-08, 09:10 AM
jAkUp you dont get any micro-stuttering due to the fact that 3xGTX280's can play any game out there smoothly including Crysis & WiC. (duh!)

i believe thats why.

That's also why I knew I'd never downgrade from a 8800GTX to a card that only has 512MB memory ;)

1GB texture memory FTW!!

jAkUp
06-24-08, 11:36 PM

i believe thats why.

Yup, I think mainly texture hungry games.

Toss3
06-25-08, 07:18 AM
So when are EVGA announcing their ATi cards? :D /off topic