PDA

View Full Version : AOC Guest trial?

a12ctic
06-17-08, 10:14 AM
Does anyone have one I could use so I could try it out =]

|MaguS|
06-17-08, 10:56 AM
There is a system but I don't know how the guest is suppose to get the client...

nekrosoft13
06-17-08, 11:05 AM
probably borrow the disc from a friend, not sure how many people would want to download 12+GB, plus the server cost.

jolle
06-17-08, 01:44 PM
The "Early Access" client is on torrents all over the place.
Prolly not illegal to get that, as it was ment to be downloaded so you could play when you got the key sent to you if you had preordered.
Guest accounts have to get the client somehow aswell.

CaptnStubing
06-17-08, 02:17 PM
The "Early Access" client is on torrents all over the place.
Prolly not illegal to get that, as it was ment to be downloaded so you could play when you got the key sent to you if you had preordered.
Guest accounts have to get the client somehow aswell.

Yeah it should only take a month to down load. :captnkill:

jolle
06-17-08, 02:22 PM
Yeah it should only take a month to down load. :captnkill:
Hehe, its not that bad. (obviously that depends on what connection you have hehe)
I got the game installed now waiting for a buddy key from a .. yeah well, buddy..
Doesnt seem like that program is active yet, atleast not in Europe.. either that or he is lying to me, in which case I will make him suffer the fists of fury.

|MaguS|
06-17-08, 03:19 PM
Just buy the game and have fun! It's such an awsome MMO.

a12ctic
06-17-08, 05:05 PM
well the problem is i really wanna try the game, but i dont want to get to tied into it. so if i have a guest trial i can give it a go and avoid being charged then if i decide its not something iwant to be dedicated to ill ditch it.

nrdstrm
06-17-08, 05:57 PM
Below is the information you seek...

June 12th, 2008, 01:39 AM #1
Famine
Community Manager

Buddy Keys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings,

We will not open the Buddy keys until we have sufficient server capacity. Most likely we will open this in stages, starting with the 555,000 buddy keys found in the Collector's Edition. There will be no separation between US and Euro keys, so they will open at the same time.

We are currently evaluating our server capacity, and guests will be able to start playing in the not too distant future. As soon as we are ready we will notify everyone directly via email (the one you have registered the game with), as well as via forums and community sites.

The buddy keys can eventually be claimed via your account pages

Best regards,

Funcom

Feyy
06-17-08, 06:53 PM
Lol Artic, can your eee pc even run AoC?

a12ctic
06-17-08, 07:02 PM
Lol Artic, can your eee pc even run AoC?

I still have my desktop. I just love my EEE more =]