View Full Version : So, who is going to buy the NV35?

Pages : [1] 2 3

05-09-03, 08:45 AM
I have been waiting a long time for this (A long time to me is a year;) ). Finally a highend nVidia card that is worthy of my system again. I sure hope I can buy one in may. I will even pay $500 for the 256mb one. It is the least I can do after buying their stock at $8!!!!!:D

05-09-03, 08:47 AM
Will I buy it? Only if it outperforms an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB.

05-09-03, 09:04 AM
..all the people that hasn't wasted money on a FX!

05-09-03, 09:12 AM
I probably will get the 256mb version if the card performs well with AF/AA at high resolutions (better than the Radeon 9800 that is).

05-09-03, 09:13 AM
i'll buy one for sure (i'll ask my friends send me one from US)
i don't care about $ that much because in israel it should cost about 600$ ~ :eek:

however maybe i'll wait a little...:rolleyes:

05-09-03, 09:13 AM
i'll buy one for sure but i'll wait for the final benchmarks.
I don't care much about 3dmark scores but about AF and AA IQ and Performance.
With the 256 bit memory interface performance should be ok.
Looking forward to play every game with Application Aniso :)

05-09-03, 09:38 AM
If the nv35 doesn't deceive as much as the nv30 (read: at least 5-10% faster than the Radeon 9800 Pro with improved Image Quality), then I will most certainly buy the 256mb Ultra version.

I have been playing to upgrade my Ti4600 during June-July this year so the nv35 available comes just right in time.

I absolutely need 100% stability and compability with current games and programs (mostly for 3dsmax work) so I can't switch over to ATI...

05-09-03, 09:40 AM
i really want the 256mb version... but.. i have no $:( maybe if i can sell my nv30 for a few hundred;)

05-09-03, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
i really want the 256mb version... but.. i have no $:( maybe if i can sell my nv30 for a few hundred;)

Yah bro sell the NV30 for some good $$$$$$ and then hop on the NV35.

PS. Damn that is a fine AZZ!

05-09-03, 10:17 AM
I'm kind of dissapointed by every card released after the R9700PRO. This includes the NV30, R9800, and NV35. If outside sources are correct, this is just another tiny step forward. Sort of like the R9800PRO over the R9700PRO, just not much difference to justify the $$.

Maybe I was spoiled by the R9700PRO far outperforming all other cards, but here we are, creeping up on one year, and neither ATI nor nVidia has come up with anything that knocks the R9700PRO's socks off. I mean, is it right that the R9700PRO is still in the same league as the R9800PRO and the NV35?

I was going to wait until the NV35 and R400/390/420 were released, and them choose between them. But now it seems as though I'll be waiting through another entire generation, as it seems to me that all those are simply a slight improvement over the good old R9700PRO.

In other words, now I'll be waiting until the R500 and NV40 are out before I upgrade my good, but old, aging R8500.:(

05-09-03, 10:37 AM
i probably wont buy it, especially if it still doesnt improve its AA IQ.

05-09-03, 10:44 AM
If they've managed to clear up the majority of bugs the NV30 suffered from and can put the extra 15Gb of bandwidth to some real use, better AA, then I guess I may well be getting one or two. If not then I'll get a 9800Pro until the end of the year.

05-09-03, 10:46 AM
If the NV35 isn't significantly better than a 9800 Pro, I'll say **** it, sell my NV30 and buy a Voodoo5. :D

05-09-03, 10:59 AM
if this time nvidia is rushing out slightly improved product again just to take the speed crown, when ati releasing their next killer-class new core, nvidia is gonna be sorry, i am sure ati has been enjoying very much of their successful r300 strike and will be doing it again. :D

05-09-03, 10:59 AM
I can't wait to see what [H] does with it. The FSAA and AF benchies are going to be interesting. High resolution gains are what I'm interested in (with AF settings too).

05-09-03, 11:04 AM
I, for one, will come straight out and say that I am getting one of two high-end NV35s asap. My Ti4600 is really running out of steam in all these new games. I've got an 18" LCD w/ a 1280 native and it's getting harder and harder to play games at the native rez w/ eye candy. I'm sure the NV35 will fix this for me! If it's true that the memory is rated for over 900 mhz then it should not be too hard to getting past a gig. And seeing that they are not using the FlowFX, there may be more headroom in the core (especially for us watercoolers) than the NV30. Just remember that Nvidia really wants that high-end crown back so if 450 core would not have done it, they would have slapped on the FlowFX2 and clocked this card another 10% - 20% higher.

I hate to sound like a super fanatic but I think this is that card that all the Nvidiots have been waiting for and I am damn excited about next week and replaying all my games soon, the way they should be played in 2003!

05-09-03, 11:05 AM
i wanted to buy fx 5800 non-ultra....but couldn't find any around here, so i'll buy nv35 as soon as i can :)

05-09-03, 11:08 AM
anyone want to buy an nv30??? hehe man i really want one of these bad boys...:afro: but at this years prom i spent nearly $350... so im pretty much broke.

but there is so many things i want....

new mobo... i875 with sata and 800mhz fsb
new intel cpu with 800mhz fsb :)
wd raptor sata 10,000rpm (yumz)
another stick of 512 corsair
oh yea, and a logitech elite keyboard:p

man i guess im really gonna have to get a better job... hehe:)

05-09-03, 11:32 AM
The next card i will buy will be the nv35...the same day i pick up HL2:)

05-09-03, 11:36 AM
I will probably buy one, uness...*looks at sparkle*:D

05-09-03, 11:39 AM
i definately want one ... my 19" Flat Panel is 1280x1024 native, so I definately need a powerful card to game there with eye candy.

- mike

05-09-03, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure yet, guess i'll decide next week. I'm still happy with my 9700 Pro and if i get a nice boost with the 3.4 Cats maybe i'll keep that baby :D

5150 Joker
05-09-03, 12:24 PM
Not me, I'm waiting for the R400 release.

05-09-03, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 5150 Joker
Not me, I'm waiting for the R400 release.

I hope you're paying out for your pension :D j\k

05-09-03, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by CoWBoY
I will buy one if I am wrong. You have no idea how bad I wish to be wrong about this. :(

Guess what? You're wrong.