PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILERS MAYBE* MGS4 Beauties

Pages : [1] 2

ralinn
06-18-08, 06:00 PM
Heya,

I've finished the game twice now but whenever I came across one of the beauties, I just went ahead and shot them in the face. I hear some people going on about saving them. Maybe I'm a little confused... but is there a way? What does it give you if you do it?

Do they get their kit off?

*ahem*

crainger
06-18-08, 06:07 PM
They give Old Snake the virility to obtain the mighty erection!

LurkerLito
06-18-08, 06:28 PM
I played through it once and I saved the last two because I figured out how to save them. You can just keep shooting them with the tranquilizer gun till they drop and you will save them. They give you a face cameo of the girl you saved. A useless item unless you want snake to look like a hot girl from the neck up.

Marvel_us
06-18-08, 06:48 PM
Yea I tranq'd all of them and got their face camo. There are a lot of hidden face camo's on the game.

JigenD
06-18-08, 08:05 PM
Tranqing them you get some extras (solar gun if you do them all this way, plus the frogs in the first act)

But if you choose not to shoot them and let them get you, there's a variety of different scenes. If you photo them during this they pose for you, and there's a song you play on the ipod to dance with them (I think it's Oishii something, but I'd have to look it up again).

Destroy
06-18-08, 08:50 PM
What the heck 'beauties' are you talking about? I'm in Act 4 and haven't seen any special 'beauty'? Or are you talking about the bosses?

JigenD
06-18-08, 09:36 PM
What the heck 'beauties' are you talking about? I'm in Act 4 and haven't seen any special 'beauty'? Or are you talking about the bosses?

Act 2 spoiler (highlight) -> Drebin call them B&Bs, or Beauty and the Beasts. There's other stuff like the B&B magazine you can buy from Drebin that makes people nuts.

Destroy
06-18-08, 10:10 PM
I never knew you could allow them to live. Interesting.

Namrok
06-18-08, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I think all the Metal Gears have had bonuses if you tranq the bosses to death. At least I'm positive that MGS3 did. Now that I think about it, I'm not so sure about 2, and I'm pretty sure 1 didn't.

Mr. Hunt
06-19-08, 12:11 AM
Yes, tranq the beast form and you get the doll (4 dolls from the B&B forms, and 1 from the first act with the frogs, have to tranq them all and it will be in the garage). That will get you the Solar Gun, which is the gun from Boktai... it is a pretty awesome gun.

Tranq their beauty form and you will get their face camo which looks really creepy on Solids octocamo suit body.

The other thing is... during the beauty fight if you wait long enough, you will go into a timed (3 minutes I think) area that is pure white with just you and the beauty, you can kill them/tranq them here... but if you pull out your camera... they will pose for you... it is pretty funny.

EciDemon
06-19-08, 03:53 AM
Anyone know if the solar gun count as "Special item" ?

Mr. Hunt
06-19-08, 07:24 AM
Anyone know if the solar gun count as "Special item" ?

It doesn't. I thought it would, but everybody says to use it to get Big Boss emblem, which requires no special items.

EciDemon
06-19-08, 08:13 AM
Sweet!, I was worried there, your very limited on tranq ammo in Big boss Extreme, so maybe it's doable after all :)

Gonna give it a go this weekend

ralinn
06-19-08, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the info guys!

Wow, I'm really impressed with the amount of stuff there is to find and unlock. It makes the game last sooooo much longer. I think I'll be playing it through a few more times now. :D

I tried to start my second play-thru without getting any kills but you don't actually start the game with the tranq gun, so I ended up doing the usual... KILL everyone because I'm an angry person. I guess you just have to run around them all >.<

Thanks again!

(BTW, can't wait to unlock the tornado gun! [See gametrailers.com])

EciDemon
06-19-08, 08:58 AM
It's not so hard if you use your cammo alot by crawling. This way Snake wont be stressed either and his psyce will be 100% most of the times too making sniping easier.
Just be sure to have the Mosin Nagant rifle.

During the first part you could use your shock knife too, (R2 while holding L1)
Or just choke them till they faint (be carefull not to choke them to death though).

LurkerLito
06-19-08, 09:26 AM
I was playing to get the stealth suit, but also trying to get no kills so I used nothing but the tranquilizer gun, yet at the end to the 2nd act I somehow had 33 kills. I just can't figure out where they came from. I thought it was from the scene where snake is on top of the weapon dealer's APC but I redid that level and made sure I only targeted the Gekos but still I had 33 kills. Has anyone actually got no kills yet on a play through? Is there anyway to look at your current stats other than to wait till the end of the mission report?

JigenD
06-19-08, 01:59 PM
I was playing to get the stealth suit, but also trying to get no kills so I used nothing but the tranquilizer gun, yet at the end to the 2nd act I somehow had 33 kills. I just can't figure out where they came from. I thought it was from the scene where snake is on top of the weapon dealer's APC but I redid that level and made sure I only targeted the Gekos but still I had 33 kills. Has anyone actually got no kills yet on a play through? Is there anyway to look at your current stats other than to wait till the end of the mission report?

I've seen pictures a few different people have posted with ZERO alerts and ZERO kills and a playtime AROUND 4 HOURS. It's mindblowing. I can't even get out of Act 1 without a couple alerts! Good thing is, you can buy the stealth suit too, it just costs a lot.

Anyways, you're not killing the frogs are you? You have to tranq them too.

LurkerLito
06-19-08, 02:32 PM
I've seen pictures a few different people have posted with ZERO alerts and ZERO kills and a playtime AROUND 4 HOURS. It's mindblowing. I can't even get out of Act 1 without a couple alerts! Good thing is, you can buy the stealth suit too, it just costs a lot.

Anyways, you're not killing the frogs are you? You have to tranq them too.

Nope I haven't use anything other than the tranq gun and the tranq sniper rifle. I did use the M4 and shotgun attachment against the boss till she came out of the suit then tranq-ed her after. And fired about 2 shots at a Geko's legs at the end of Act2 to get the Geko blocking my way to drop and stop killing me. The only way I can think of where a kill might have been counted towards me is when trying to get into the mansion, I'd tranq some soldier then one of the militia would kill him before the tranq took affect. If that's true then I'd have to put away my weapons and somehow sneak into the mansion and that is a real PIA (not to mention start Act2 over again if I really want to get no kills).

JigenD
06-19-08, 02:35 PM
Nope I haven't use anything other than the tranq gun and the tranq sniper rifle. I did use the M4 and shotgun attachment against the boss till she came out of the suit then tranq-ed her after. And fired about 2 shots at a Geko's legs at the end of Act2 to get the Geko blocking my way to drop and stop killing me. The only way I can think of where a kill might have been counted towards me is when trying to get into the mansion, I'd tranq some soldier then one of the militia would kill him before the tranq took affect. If that's true then I'd have to put away my weapons and somehow sneak into the mansion and that is a real PIA (not to mention start Act2 over again if I really want to get no kills).

I dunno what to say, I have noticed the militia kill a lot of guys I put to sleep too (not trying for no kills, just trying to do 'better'). At the end of Act 2, how did you keep the soldiers from climbing on the APC and knocking you off? There are some armored guys at the beginning of that part that count as living, so you just have to wait until they move away.

Mr. Hunt
06-19-08, 02:54 PM
I dunno what to say, I have noticed the militia kill a lot of guys I put to sleep too (not trying for no kills, just trying to do 'better'). At the end of Act 2, how did you keep the soldiers from climbing on the APC and knocking you off? There are some armored guys at the beginning of that part that count as living, so you just have to wait until they move away.

You can CQC throw the "zombies" down and they will be out... the powered suits at the start can be put to "sleep" SOMETIMES when you hit them a bunch with some V-Ring shotgun rounds. Just finished that act myself on my Foxhound run... the escape part sucked since I couldn't take ANY damage from the friggin Gekkos :(... still 0 kills, alerts, continues, and health items used though ;).

Playtime is just under 2 hours... 3 and a half hours should be plenty for the other 3 acts... and they should be easy on time... playing time... not my time lol... act 4 is going to be a pain and I imagine the Eva ride will be also :(.

One other thing, I can confirm you can kill the beast form on a no kill run... I did it to LO and still have 0 kills.

EDIT: I imagine the same for vamp, but why kill him like that when you can use the solar gun which owns him in one fully charged shot? ;)

Destroy
06-19-08, 04:05 PM
You can tranq a Gecko mech??!! That seems totally silly if true and will make my life about 10x easier playing this game.

Mr. Hunt
06-19-08, 04:20 PM
You can tranq a Gecko mech??!! That seems totally silly if true and will make my life about 10x easier playing this game.

No not the gekkos... the powered suits at the beginning of the end of act 2... the chase scene... frogs are piloting them, but on this run I knocked a few out of commission by blasting them with a few V-Ring shots.

Mr. Hunt
06-19-08, 04:40 PM
Good gosh this act 3 chase is a pain in the anus.

Mr. Hunt
06-19-08, 05:06 PM
Pretty sure this chase scene is just purely based on luck, with no actual skill involved.

JigenD
06-19-08, 05:16 PM
As far as Act 2, I just beat it without much effort with only 7 kills, so LurkerLito you must have gone on a killing binge and forgot about it or something.

I don't think you really have to kill / knock out many things in the Act 3 chase, I missed so much when I first played that. Are killing the flying things OK for the kill count?