PDA

View Full Version : Would you take this deal?

Medion
06-18-08, 08:56 PM
I called up MS to ask about upgrading my OEM 32 to 64 (probably the biggest mistake I made in this build, only other mistake being the nForce mobo). If I go through with this, I'll be trading in Vista Ultimate 32, and getting Home Premium 64. I'll also be getting $60 back, though after 2-way shipping, would be more like $50 back.

So, for those who have used 32 and 64-bit Vista, my main concern is, what will I be losing, in terms of features or performance? Also, I'm curious about how well drivers on 64-bit are for the following, compared to 32-bit;

-nForce mobo
-GeForce 9 series
-Realtek Audio (won't even ask about X-Fi, I know 64-bit drivers for that suck)

nekrosoft13
06-18-08, 09:02 PM
what is your definition of "suck" because x-fi drivers are no way worse then nforce, intel, geforce, realtek or anything else you enter in there.

Medion
06-18-08, 09:40 PM
Vista 64 version of X-Fi drivers currently have issues with dolby/dts and CMSS3D, whereas the Vista 32 it's either or (official or beta, pick your poison). The X-Fi 64 drivers are currently worse than their 32-bit counterpart.

nekrosoft13
06-18-08, 09:56 PM
CMSS3D will be back once the new final driver will be released, it only has been disabled temporary in the latest beta, it was on before.

Dolby® Digital and DTS® driver decode re-established for sound cards that included decoding in their Windows XP drivers (Not applicable for products that included a 3rd party software DVD player license in the package).

* DVD-Audio playback re-established for sound cards that included the application in their Windows XP software suite (For Windows Vista 32-bit only).
Requires the latest Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player Beta software. Click here to download.

Dolby Digital and DTS is working in 64bit

just DVD-Audio is not, which also requires seperate program. How many DVD-Audio Disc do you have to worry about that?