evox
06-19-08, 05:47 PM
Yes, it's here!

Added 2 community maps: cp_fastlane and ctf_turbine

Pyro

Added alt-fire compression blast to the basic flamethrower

Added The Axtinguisher, The Backburner, and The Flare Gun

Hadouken taunt now kills people it hits

Tuned the flamethrower hit detection to improve detection versus retreating opponents

Removed Flamethrower's damage falloff (was falling off to 25% by the end)

cp_well

Added a route from the forward central foyer up to the battlements

Redistributed health and ammunition throughout the bases

ctf_well

Added a route from the forward central foyer up to the battlements

Removed central building, reduced overall map length

Redistributed health and ammunition throughout the bases

Other Notes

Removed Soldier's 40% damage reduction from his own rockets. Does not affect rocket jumps

In-game avatar images will now have a badge around them if the player is your friend

Fixed bug that allowed players to move around in a reference pose

Added custom death icons for unlockable weapons

The player join team message now specifies whether the player used the auto team option

Payload maps now support four control points per stage

Achievement dialog will stay open when you're moving in & out of the game and the main menu

Added full Russian localization, with both fonts & speech

Returned the "Report a Bug" option to the main menu

mullet
06-20-08, 12:38 AM
Thanks dude.

bacon12
06-20-08, 07:52 AM
What does the 40% self damage mean? I played for a bit last night and self damage was still there, and I killed myself several times by shooting a pyro that was really close.

six_storm
06-20-08, 08:48 AM
Awesome, can't wait to play . . . oh yeah, I won't be home for another 3 days. :(

CaptNKILL
06-20-08, 12:12 PM
Sounds awesome. I can't wait to give it a try. :D

What does the 40% self damage mean? I played for a bit last night and self damage was still there, and I killed myself several times by shooting a pyro that was really close.

It means that they removed the 40% damage reduction for sell damage, meaning that a rocket does full damage to the soldier that fires it now, rather than 60%. This should tone down the random point blank soldier kills.

Mr. Hunt
06-20-08, 12:55 PM
Got the pyro weapons... flare gun seems fun, rarely use the axe so I can't comment... but the backburner seems way too powerful. I have no idea why they felt the need to put +50 health on it when it is already WAY better than the default one. Only trade-off is you can't use the new blowback feature to send rockets and grenades somewhere else... but you can usually just dodge those anyway.

bacon12
06-20-08, 03:13 PM
Sounds awesome. I can't wait to give it a try. :D

It means that they removed the 40% damage reduction for sell damage, meaning that a rocket does full damage to the soldier that fires it now, rather than 60%. This should tone down the random point blank soldier kills.

OIC, why it seems easier to kill yourself as solly now. I really don't like this. All those whinners on the steam forums finally got their wish I suppose.

I played solly today for a while, and it is much harder to kill a pyro with rockets. I have to use the shotty more now.

CaptNKILL
06-20-08, 03:23 PM
OIC, why it seems easier to kill yourself as solly now. I really don't like this. All those whinners on the steam forums finally got their wish I suppose.

I played solly today for a while, and it is much harder to kill a pyro with rockets. I have to use the shotty more now.

I think its alright that they try something different with the soldier. Since I started playing this game it's always seemed a bit too easy to splatter half a team with random rocket fire and come out unharmed, even at point blank range.

Hopefully this helps to balance things out a bit more.

bacon12
06-20-08, 04:28 PM
Maybe it will, but we will have to wait for all the other unlocks before we really know. I still haven't put the class limits on my server yet, but after an hour of playing with 5 or 6 pyros on each team on a 20 slot I am going to soon.

evox
06-21-08, 09:56 AM
Game is utterly ****ed up. So many pyros, impossible so spy or medic. Can't even play soldier properly because you end dying half the time thanks to the shellshock. Medics were atleast useful, Pyros aren't. The flare gun is weak and the backburner/axtinguisher are recycled instead of being fresh. I was expecting napalm grenades or the ability to shoot fuel (Postal-esque), both are missing. At this point, Valve is just recycling content.

The game should've shipped with all the class upgrades, yes, it would've been intimidating to new players, but atleast that way, all the stat whoring could've been avoided.

Oh well, I won't bother playing this game for next 1-2 weeks.

CaptNKILL
06-21-08, 10:07 AM
I came across an achivements server earlier today. I never knew that such a thing existed. :p

They run really simple custom maps that are good for stat building.

It was surprisingly fun, though it was completely chaos. I had 870 kills in like an hour. :lol:

Felt kind of cheap, but it was fun. I just really wanted to get the flare gun. Sadly, its not as good as I had hoped.

I agree with the weapons that evox suggested. The new ones for the pyro aren't all that interesting.

A napalm launcher would have been much better and added some offensive advantages that the pyro is seriously lacking, for example, you could leave a flaming pool near an enemy SG so they couldn't repair it. The pyro still seems like more of a support class than offense. And while the compression blast is kind of neat, it doesn't feel all that useful. I rarely find myself in a situation where I need to push someone or something away as a pyro. The whole point is to get them closer.

bacon12
06-21-08, 11:44 AM
No but the ability to send rockets and nades/stickies back at your enemy is way to much I think. We will see when the demo/solly stuff comes out how it will even out.

Right now a pryo can just run straight at a solly/demo and there isn't any way to defend your self, and you can't out run them :(

evox add me to the group please.

evox
06-21-08, 01:39 PM
No but the ability to send rockets and nades/stickies back at your enemy is way to much I think. We will see when the demo/solly stuff comes out how it will even out.

Right now a pryo can just run straight at a solly/demo and there isn't any way to defend your self, and you can't out run them :(

The backburner is way too overpowered and the deflect thing is downright annoying with experienced pyros. As someone who loves playing Medic, it's been literally hell because of all the pyros. :(

It's ironic, Pyro was the most underpowered class and now it's the most overpowering class. :lol:

Bacon, group is public. Anyone can join. :)

CaptNKILL
06-21-08, 02:06 PM
Something seems strange about the flame thrower damage now.

I don't know if the backburner is just not making the "critical" noise when it hits me, or if the changes to the flame thrower hit detection have made it significantly more powerful.

As a scout I ran by a pyro from about 20 feet away and he hit me for at most 1/8 of a second, there was no critical sound but it did 120 damage. The flames killed me a second later. When I died there were no assists, that tiny bit of flame was all that hit me.

Very strange.

evox
06-21-08, 02:37 PM
Something seems strange about the flame thrower damage now.

I don't know if the backburner is just not making the "critical" noise when it hits me, or if the changes to the flame thrower hit detection have made it significantly more powerful.

As a scout I ran by a pyro from about 20 feet away and he hit me for at most 1/8 of a second, there was no critical sound but it did 120 damage. The flames killed me a second later. When I died there were no assists, that tiny bit of flame was all that hit me.

Very strange.

Flame thrower is much more powerful now.

bacon12
06-21-08, 02:54 PM
Ok now I see the join group tab at the bottom. :o

It does feel like the hit box has been doubled now.

CaptNKILL
06-21-08, 03:09 PM
Removed Flamethrower's damage falloff (was falling off to 25% by the end)

Does this mean the flame does full damage regardless of distance now?

That seems like a bad decision IMO... if they felt that it wasn't powerful enough, they should have made it drop to 50% rather than 25%. The flames are supposed to do a lot more damage at point blank range.