PDA

View Full Version : Alone in the Dark Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

eXeraZoR
06-20-08, 01:09 PM
currently i cant write anything. my game arrives tomorrow.

anyone else?

oh and do you read this? this is because 4players.de give the game only 66%
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.4players.de%2F4players.php% 2Fkommentar%2FSpielkultur%2F1803943%2F58%2Findex.h tml&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

here you can read the test
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.4players.de%2F4players.php% 2Fdispbericht%2F360%2FTest%2F7582%2F59263%2F0%2FAl one_in_the_Dark.html&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

i personally think the game ist far better then this but we will see what poeple say in this thread

PeterJensen
06-20-08, 01:13 PM
Unexpected deaths for no reason other than not having your flashlight turned on
Dying in scripted sequences because you stood too close to a flame before the sequence triggered
Bad level design
Bad driving sections
Bad and slow controls
Boring enemies
Sucky close combat
Bad voice acting

PeterJensen
06-20-08, 01:14 PM
But i like the gfx and that i can play with fire :)

eXeraZoR
06-20-08, 03:17 PM
is it really such a bad game?

JigenD
06-20-08, 03:32 PM
is it really such a bad game?

It sounds like a new Trespasser, but I loved that game, despite it being incredibly flawed.

evox
06-20-08, 03:52 PM
Dying in scripted sequences because you stood too close to a flame before the sequence triggered
Bad level design
Bad driving sections
Bad and slow controls
Boring enemies
Sucky close combat
Bad voice acting
:(

JigenD
06-20-08, 04:08 PM
:(

On other forums I heard just as many people saying the game is great. Basically don't expect a clean experience, expect a buggy but innovative game.

I think people have a good idea what kind of game they like. It might be worth waiting for a demo if you aren't willing to take the risk, I guess.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
06-20-08, 05:13 PM
I'll wait for a demo. I am a bit short on cash, but I could spare to buy a great game if need be.

walterman
06-20-08, 05:44 PM
It can't be that bad. It hasn't been created by Uwe. :)

JigenD
06-20-08, 06:30 PM
Hey at least the negative hype will let people call it underrated after it's out.

crainger
06-20-08, 07:11 PM
Bad level design
Bad driving sections
Bad and slow controls
Boring enemies
Sucky close combat
Bad voice acting

http://incarna.andablog.com/2007/10/02/SeriousCat.jpg

SH64
06-20-08, 07:24 PM
Can you post some screens PJ ?

i still refuse to hate the game.

nekrosoft13
06-20-08, 07:30 PM
Atari sends along a press release which reveals the PC protection and system requirements for Alone in the Dark. Word is: "The PC version of Alone in the Dark is protected using SecuROM online activation. This requires that in addition to the content on the game disk, players download an additional component via an internet connection in order to install and run the game. Once the game has been correctly installed and activated, it can be played whilst offline. To install the game on a different computer, players must revoke the serial number when uninstalling from the first machine (this is an automatic option during the uninstall process). For activation instructions and more information on the revoke system and license use, please go to the SecuROM FAQ at http://www.aitdunlock.com "

As promised, the system requirements for the PC version of Alone in the Dark are as follows:

Operating System: Windows XP/Vista 32-bit & 64-bit
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or Athlon X2 +3800 (Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +4000 recommended) *
Memory: 1 GB RAM (2GB recommended)
Hard Disk Space: 9.5 GB free
DVD-ROM Drive: 4X speed or faster
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or ATI Radeon X1950 or better (NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 XTX or better recommended)
Sound: DirectX version 9.0c-compatible sound card
DirectX: DirectX version 9.0c (included) or higher
Internet Connection

eXeraZoR
06-21-08, 12:07 PM
any way to ge rid off the black bars?
they present in 1280x1024 :-(

BioHazZarD
06-21-08, 12:45 PM
No wonder they didnt release demo.. its seems utter crap.. :(

LordJuanlo
06-23-08, 09:31 AM
WTF... you can't choose install folder, it goes to C:\Program Files!!!. I have all my games on partition F, this is bs, I have very little space on C. I will try to move it when I get back home, didn't have time to try the game for more than 5 minutes.

JigenD
06-23-08, 09:44 AM
WTF... you can't choose install folder, it goes to C:\Program Files!!!. I have all my games on partition F, this is bs, I have very little space on C. I will try to move it when I get back home, didn't have time to try the game for more than 5 minutes.

Wow that is bad

nekrosoft13
06-23-08, 09:45 AM
is it MSI based installer? if you have orca and a lot of patience you can force it to install in other directories.

LordJuanlo
06-24-08, 02:36 AM
After moving folder and editing registry it works perfectly, but it has been removed from Games Explorer in Vista, so I will have to add it manually.

BTW I don't think game si SO bad to deserve 3/10. Controls are far from being good, it doesn't matter mouse / keyboard or gamepad. Graphics are quite good however, but gameplay feels a bit strange. It's very easy to die and have to restart again when you are jumping with a rope. The game is heavily scripted, no "sandbox" feeling at all. However it's far from being a budget title, it just needs a lot more of polish, but so far nothing that completly breaks gameplay. I have finished first chapter and defeated first zombie. Fire is really awesome. My brother has almost finished it on the 360 and he likes the game despite all its flaws.

I think I would rate it 7/10, and don't regret my purchase at all

Bokishi
06-24-08, 02:49 AM

Crap, all my games go in drive F as well

eXeraZoR
06-24-08, 05:28 AM
how to remove the annoying black bars? this is a game and not a movie

Uberpwnage
06-24-08, 05:44 AM
Crap, all my games go in drive F as well
LOL, same here...strange

Mullins1060
06-24-08, 08:10 AM
After moving folder and editing registry it works perfectly, but it has been removed from Games Explorer in Vista, so I will have to add it manually.

Mine didn't appear there automatically in the first place how odd.

LOL, same here...strange

It does give the option to choose where to install it, just tick the box that says advanced install on one of the first install screens.

nekrosoft13
06-24-08, 09:24 AM
screens?

LordJuanlo
06-24-08, 09:55 AM
It does give the option to choose where to install it, just tick the box that says advanced install on one of the first install screens.

I removed first installation and installed it a second time just to be sure I didn't miss some kind of "advanced install" and I'm sure I didn't see that option. I won't bother installing it a third time :D