PDA

View Full Version : Fable: The Lost Chapters - "Native" Gamepad Support - Work In Progress

Medion
06-21-08, 12:30 AM
Goal: - To add transparent gamepad support to Fable:TLC for PC, without downloading hacks, or buying unnecessary hardware.

Progress: - Currently have Fable running well on a Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2, but there are a few actions that need to be bound. If feedback on this is positive, I'll go ahead and work on an XBox 360 Profile, once finished with the Logitech profile.

What you need:

Logitech Profiler - Download from the Logitech website or install off the CD that came with your gamepad.

Logitech Gamepad - Tested with a Cordless Rumblepad 2, but I believe it should also work with the corded RumblePad 2 and Dual Action GamePad. Will NOT work properly with the Precision Gamepad (no analog sticks). Will NOT work with Chillstream, but the XBox360 profile will.

Fable:TLC Profile - Attached to this post

How to use:

First, download the Fable:TLC profile. Open Logitech Profiler, and go to Profile-->Import. Import the downloaded profile.

Next, open Fable:TLC. Set the controls to WASD, set everything to default, and then find the two actions that require the SHIFT key (Spell, Collect Orbs). Change the binding on both of these to "Z." That's it, you're all set.

Control Configuration: - I'll be referring to the buttons as Xbox/Logitech buttons, example, A/2, or Rb/6.

A/2 - Interact (chat with townspeople, pick up items)
B/3 - Run/Flourish (unblockable attack when weapon glows)/view switch with bow/Spell 2/"No" option for cutscenes
X/1 - Attack/Fire Ranged/Spell 1/ Yes option in cutscenes/skip cutscene
Y/4 - Block (To roll, hold and tap direction)/MiniGame Instructions
Lw/5(L1) - Lock-On
Rb/6(R1) - Spells (hold)/Collect XP Orbs
LTrigger/7(L2) - Draw/Sheathe Sword
RTrigger/8(R2) - Draw/Sheathe Ranged
Back/9 - Inventory
Start/10 - Skip Cutscene, Pause Menu
Left Analog - Controls movement, pressing will cause you to sneak
Right Analog - Controls camera, pressing will toggle map zoom
D-Pad - Up uses the guild Seal, left/down/right is bound to expressions 1/2/3

Not Currently Bound: - I'm getting tired, so I'll work this out tomorrow, parentheses denotes current kb/mouse command.

Reset Camera (R)
Hero Cam (H)
Rotate Spells (Z + Mouse Scroll Wheel)
Zoom in with Ranged Weapon (Mouse Scroll Wheel when ranged weapon drawn)

crainger
06-21-08, 03:35 AM
That's cool, though I prefer my mouse controls, makes using the bow so much easier. ::D:

Medion
06-21-08, 10:19 AM
That's cool, though I prefer my mouse controls, makes using the bow so much easier. ::D:

Yea, but that's 1st person, and how often does a kb/mouse fail at 1st person? :)

JigenD
06-21-08, 04:06 PM
The game really had bad KB+mouse support. At one point I bought it on Xbox, but I only played through the game on PC, however the controls were way worse on PC.