PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2 patch and maps coming soon!!!

Pages : [1] 2

mojoman0
06-21-08, 12:47 PM
http://battlefield.totalgamingnetwork.com/

In a recent interview with NetGameRadio, John Hargelid from DICE announced that Battlefield will be getting new and exclusive maps and a patch. An official announcement will be made on monday, so stay tuned!

Can't wait!

Burnt_Ram
06-21-08, 01:14 PM
wow, what a supprise! looking forward to it aswell. BF2 is still in my top 5 :)

Vik1dk
06-21-08, 02:14 PM
Ill belive it when i see it ;)

SH64
06-21-08, 03:26 PM
Superb! i might get back to it if the patch is worth it.

ChaoticNick
06-22-08, 04:40 AM
Wow, not so often a 3+ year old game gets some lovin'! Maybe it'll be like the 2142 patch, widescreen support, maps, etc.

CaptNKILL
06-22-08, 05:30 AM
I just hope this doesn't break all the current mods. :o

nutcrackr
06-22-08, 05:31 AM
if if doesn't nerf aircraft I don't care :o

lumpyhed
06-22-08, 05:35 AM
Hopefully it'll do something that benefits mods.

lIqUID
06-22-08, 01:01 PM
if it doesn't include real widescreen support in the patch then I have absolutely zero interest in reinstalling.

mojoman0
06-22-08, 02:05 PM
I hope widescreen is supported too as BF2 is still my favorite game and I was thinking about getting a 22" Samsung and maybe a 260 this summer. :captnkill:

3DBrad
06-22-08, 03:45 PM
Wake Island 2007 for the win! :)

SH64
06-22-08, 04:13 PM
Wake & Tampa are teh best maps ever.

Eyolan
06-22-08, 09:35 PM
Sweet news!

I hope widescreen is supported too as BF2 is still my favorite game and I was thinking about getting a 22" Samsung and maybe a 260 this summer. :captnkill:

2x

Bokishi
06-22-08, 10:25 PM
Widescreen PLZ

BioHazZarD
06-23-08, 03:09 AM
Wake Island 2007 for the win! :)

No i want omaha beach remake :captnkill:

wnd
06-23-08, 07:20 AM
According to rumours I've heard the patch should focus on cheaters, not gameplay tweaks and adjustments. Even if it doesn, there's always POE2.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
06-23-08, 12:22 PM
http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=377893&tstart=0

Here's the latest BF2 news from the DICE Live team.

With over 15 million player accounts being created since release, Battlefield 2 is still going strong. On the forums we often see discussions about whether there will ever be another update for the game. Well, today we are happy to announce that we are working on an update for Battlefield 2. We are planning to provide an open beta in the near future and we hope youíll give us your feedback before final release; so watch out for that.

Keep an eye on www.Battlefield.com for information on what we are working on, release dates and donít forget to visit our forums.

In the mean time Battlefield Bad Company is released worldwide this week and we expect it will keep you occupied while we work on the update.

-End of Transmission-

Regards,
DICE Live team

Hopefully we'll see some more information on that BF2 update soon! :)

~Violet

lumpyhed
06-23-08, 12:53 PM
You guys do realise you can use Widescreen Fixer 1.32 with BF2 safely right?

CaptnStubing
06-23-08, 01:10 PM
It doesn't matter. It will never get rid of the crappy game. I love the game play and the look of Battlefield games but they all run like crap and are slow and bloated. I just wish they would write a better game to go along with the fun factor.

3DBrad
06-23-08, 01:28 PM
BF2 runs great on modern hardware, even a 7800gtx ran it very nicely.

An 8800gtx was running it with 16x anti-aliasing, and that card's from 2006. :)

Sure, it isn't the lightest game to run, but it runs quite well. :)

CaptnStubing
06-23-08, 01:34 PM
BF2 runs great on modern hardware, even a 7800gtx ran it very nicely.

An 8800gtx was running it with 16x anti-aliasing, and that card's from 2006. :)

Sure, it isn't the lightest game to run, but it runs quite well. :)

I don't mean a machine can't handle it. I mean as you said. It isn't the lightest game to run. It is bloated. Once the game is going it is fantastic but it is quite a memory hog and very sloppy. Sure after a few years it has gotten better but I would like Dice to make a game run as well as COD 4 does. That game is fantastic. It looks great, runs very quickly and you get get in and out of it easily. All Battlefield games are just plain sloppy. It is a pitty cuz I really like the franchise. Oh well it won't keep me from purchasing future games from them.

Vik1dk
06-23-08, 05:56 PM
You guys do realise you can use Widescreen Fixer 1.32 with BF2 safely right?

Did a quick search and it is considered a gamehack, so have fun with punkbuster ;) (VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) #89105)

EDIT: From punkbusted.com

Yes I have been involved in this issue. I will soon be posting in the member forum about what has been resolved. But as there is a thread here, I will comment.

Here is PsB official stand regarding the widescreen Fixer hack.

PsB will not endorse the use of this or any other non sanctioned 3rd party program. At no time should game code in memory or game files ever be changed by a third party program or hack. No user (player) should ever use this or other programs/hacks that modify the game in such a manner. There is a strong risk that this program/hack will get the user banned and usually without any recourse to appeal. PsB will not release any ban for the use of this hack as of Todays date (Nov 08/07), plus a small grace period, to allow users to cease using this hack. If they use the newer release they understand the risk and the no recourse from a banned guid resulting from it. PsB will not release ban violations from the MBL that we recieved before Nov 3rd/07. All other ban violations before this date will not recieve a favourable appeal ( will remain on the MBL).
End of statement

In addition to Deadshots post and apology to him but I must add. The author of this program/hack was and remains very much aware of the risk of a ban his hack might cause his users of his hack. He issued a warning with his release about the risk being very real regarding recieving a ban violation. He did make an effort not to cause bans but as was discovered it is impossible to prevent this from happening to anything not sanctioned by EA and EB. There is no chance he will ever recieve this sanctioning. People with widescreens will just have to ask EA to add official support to BF2 no matter how they feel hard done by.

As most people know in the gaming communities. In this day and age of online cheating. There is no way third party hacks can ever be sanctioned. The risk when modifying and game in memory or it's files is very high that at some point it will end with a ban violation. There is no practical way to manage unsanctioned changes to the game when it's beyond the usual mod formats available to the moding community.

mojoman0
06-23-08, 08:57 PM
I don't mean a machine can't handle it. I mean as you said. It isn't the lightest game to run. It is bloated. Once the game is going it is fantastic but it is quite a memory hog and very sloppy. Sure after a few years it has gotten better but I would like Dice to make a game run as well as COD 4 does. That game is fantastic. It looks great, runs very quickly and you get get in and out of it easily. All Battlefield games are just plain sloppy. It is a pitty cuz I really like the franchise. Oh well it won't keep me from purchasing future games from them.

The maps are what...25x bigger than any COD4 map. Of course it takes more ram and longer to load.

CaptNKILL
06-23-08, 09:15 PM
Battlefield 2 smoothed right out for me after getting a Core 2 and an 8800GTX. :p

It always ran pretty decent, but I think it was the overclocked core 2 that really eliminated the performance bottlenecks in that game. The only thing that slows it down at all is when I use the AIX mod and have a 64 bot co-op game, and even then it never goes below the mid 40fps range. With less bots its always pegged at 85.

SH64
06-24-08, 06:16 AM
BF2 is simply one of the best MP online shooters i've ever played.

Hopefully they dont let us down with BF3.