PDA

View Full Version : want to know how to mod UT3 for PC

muelo1000
06-21-08, 08:36 PM
hey i got UT3 for my PC i want to learn to mod the game with extra charecters and maps is there a tutorial were it will show mw how to do it or a link Thanx

JigenD
06-21-08, 08:43 PM
There was a really great tutorial in what I believe was a special edition of the PC version. Anyways, it was done by the Epic guys and it was actually really great.

Bman212121
06-21-08, 11:54 PM
There was a really great tutorial in what I believe was a special edition of the PC version. Anyways, it was done by the Epic guys and it was actually really great.

Yea, the tutorials for UT3 comes on the Collector's edition DVD. It is actually done by a third party company, they are called 3D Buzz. (www.3dbuzz.com) If you can find a UT2k4 Collectors edition with the bonus dvd that has uscripting in it. I just threw the UT3 bonus disc in and I'm pretty sure it has less modding and more about level design. The tutorials for 2k4 were very in depth for how to make a weapon mod and create the script for it. If you are looking for level design either one will work, but UT3 covers a lot of new features they have.

Both of them have VTMs, aka video training modules, and the one for UT3 is over 20hours of them. 2k4 is pretty in depth as well, although I'm not sure of the actual time. I found these guys fairly easy to follow and they show you enough to get the brain clicking. IMO it is worth picking these discs up if you want to try to play around as it helps a lot to know only hear it being done, but watch them do it.

If you visit their site you can register for free and be able to watch tons of little snippets on how to use certain objects. This would be a good way to see if you like how they do things before getting the bonus discs. I just browsed through some of them and I don't remember if they are the full clip or not, otherwise the ones that are labeled 2k3 are the ones that are on the 2k4 bonus disc.

3DBrad
06-22-08, 02:55 AM
http://help.hourences.com/tutorialsue3cascade.htm
Hourence has a LOT of great things on his site, and he has a few books you can buy.

If you have any UnrealEd questions, feel free to PM me. :)

muelo1000
06-22-08, 09:07 AM
theres now way i could download mods from other creator and play them ? i just want to be able to to maybe download new charecters and new maps i dont want to go into creating any mods ill leave that to the people that knows about it just want to play them Thanx

3DBrad
06-22-08, 03:27 PM
forums.epicgames.com (http://forums.epicgames.com)

:)

Bman212121
06-22-08, 03:42 PM
theres now way i could download mods from other creator and play them ? i just want to be able to to maybe download new charecters and new maps i dont want to go into creating any mods ill leave that to the people that knows about it just want to play them Thanx

lol, we thought you meant create them. UT2003hq.com used to be a good place, but other than the link from spoudazo I'm not too sure of other places to look. I would also check filefront as they should have mods as well.

http://browse.files.filefront.com/Unreal_Tournament_3/;1368344;/browsefiles.html