PDA

View Full Version : Vista & Bluetooth Headsets

|MaguS|
06-22-08, 07:56 PM
Anyone know a good fix for this problem? I know Vista has built in Bluetooth support but this actually doesn't support Headsets due to missing profile support. Anyone know a good non performance hurting fix? I got one off the logitech websites but applications either crash on exit or lag upon startup when using my headset.

ragejg
06-23-08, 06:16 AM
Headset as in a right and left headphone plus a mic?

I think I'm having a similar problem. I have a Jabra BT620S:

http://www.bluetooth-headset.co.uk/images/BT620.jpg

...which is a stereo bluetooth headphone with a built-in mic. I thought I'd get a bluetooth dongle and see if I could use the whole setup, mic included in Vista. Its primary use is to accompany my Samsung Blackjack Smartphone.

I can get the headphones to work in stereo, but I think for the headset to work I have to switch to mono. :( Or that's what Vista's telling me... in the review section of Newegg for my bluetooth dongle (Cirago BTA-6060) apparently users haven't had trouble getting both the headphones AND headset to work in XP... meh... :( that's what I wanna do...

so magus, what is your headset and what is your bluetooth adapter?

|MaguS|
06-23-08, 07:40 AM
Motorola H12 and its built into my laptop.

nekrosoft13
06-23-08, 08:04 AM
build in ok, but what kind is it? does it require broadcom stack? toshiba stack? or bluesoiel stack?

what standard? 1.2? 2.0? 2.1?

bluetooth is a big mess, to many versions, not compatible software sometimes, to many software types. who ever started all this bluetooth stuff didn't plan this out every well.

|MaguS|
06-23-08, 08:12 AM
Stacks not the issue, it will work with mice and anything else but if you want to use a Bluetooth Headset (mic) then windows starts asking for a driver. I got a misc driver on the logitech forum where its being discussed the issue but it causes performance problems when the headset is being used.