PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Machines 2

six_storm
06-23-08, 07:47 AM
For anyone that is a fan of The Incredible Machine and is bored this week, you should grab Crazy Machines 2. It just popped on Steam yesterday for $20 and it's actually a pretty fun game! I got a little bored yesterday and decided to grab it since it reminded me of TIM. Also, this game has the "NVIDIA Physix" built in, pretty nice stuff. There are two things that I have to complain about with this one:

1. The controls are a little spotty. To move around the work area, you have to click and hold the middle mouse wheel. With the mouse I have, it's a little hard to do so and it is a little weird. You could use the arrow keys but it doesn't work as good as the middle mouse click.

2. Learning curve. There are tons of instruments and tools that you can use in this game, but the game doesn't really show or tell you how to use them. Some are pretty obvious and others aren't so obvious. Also, some of the puzzles are really mind boggling, mainly due to you not knowing how the instruments work. I had one puzzle that you had to light 4 torches and all you have is a flaming crossbow. I thought that you would have to aim the crossbow so that it shot across all 4 torches, but in reality, you have gravity/physics. Once the flaming arrow was shot, gravity pulls the arrow down and lights the torches that way.

I haven't really sat down long enough to really get into the game, but it sure is fun; not a lot of games like this nowadays. I suggest picking this one up off of Steam, especially for $20.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zhZd3WU5l38&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zhZd3WU5l38&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CaptNKILL
06-23-08, 07:50 AM
There isn't a demo on steam but there is one on their website. I just played it yesterday. Seems pretty cool but I don't think I'll drop $20 on it right now.

LordJuanlo
06-23-08, 09:26 AM
I bought it and played all tutorial levels on sunday. I was a big fan of The Increible Machine and this game is very cool too.

six_storm
06-23-08, 11:10 AM
I played through the tutorial levels too, they were pretty fun. I just wish they showed/told you how every device works though. I know, I'm stupid. :(

brady
06-23-08, 12:05 PM
I noticed this too on Steam the other day and was a little tempted to pick it up. Looks fun.

six_storm
06-24-08, 12:57 PM
This game is a blast. Now that I've had some play time with it, I still don't like the controls. Also, the textures are a little blurry . . .

cruzer42
08-04-08, 04:03 AM
I've got Crazy Machines also, but there's a problem I have with it that hopefully you can assist me with. I'll be working on an experiment and save it. When I reload the game to go back to that experiment, it comes back real small. Has anyone had this problem and have you figured out how to correct this? :(