PDA

View Full Version : And the best console game of the year is....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tygerwoody
06-23-08, 08:15 AM
Metal Gear Solid 4

Best Single Player game to release since Metal Gear Solid 1.

JigenD
06-23-08, 08:20 AM
It's in my top 2 games this year so far. :captnkill:

I hope Little Big Planet is GOTY (because then it will be awesome)

Ninjaman09
06-23-08, 08:26 AM
Damn it I want to play it. I just can't justify spending $500 plus sales tax to do it though.

Thingding
06-23-08, 09:07 AM
Definate GOTY and i extend my sympathies to anyone who didn't get to play it.

But who thinks they'll give the award to GTA4 when it's time for a retrospective? I hope not but can't see MGS beating the fan vote..

Mr. Hunt
06-23-08, 09:41 AM
Game of the year? Game of the EVER!

Gaco
06-23-08, 10:15 AM
Game of the year? Game of the EVER!
+1

And GTA IV has absolutely nothing on this title IMO.

Peoples-Agent
06-23-08, 11:57 AM
Lies... GOTY will be Fallout 3.

Gaco
06-23-08, 11:59 AM
Lies... GOTY will be Fallout 3.
You can't possibly know that :p

But it will be a strong contender, that's for sure... unless it gets delayed until next year, which is pretty likely when you think about it :D

Destroy
06-23-08, 12:30 PM
Gears of War 2 isn't out yet so....

Tygerwoody
06-23-08, 12:59 PM
Definate GOTY and i extend my sympathies to anyone who didn't get to play it.

But who thinks they'll give the award to GTA4 when it's time for a retrospective? I hope not but can't see MGS beating the fan vote..

Yea. 10 bucks says GTA4 will get it, due to 95% of all gamers being air headed twats. GTA4 fits their personality better.

Don't get me wrong, GTA 4 is a good game. Very well made. It just can't hold a candle to Metal Gear Solid 4.

ralinn
06-23-08, 01:06 PM
I said I'd masturbate furiously over it and I have done several times.

One of very few games that I've gone back for a third playthrough.

Gaco
06-23-08, 01:13 PM
Gears of War 2 isn't out yet so....
The trailer looked just like the first graphicswise, gameplaywise, artistically etc. My expectation is that it's gonna be pretty forgettable at best.. Or just average through and through. Gears of War 1 was a very good game in co-op when it came out but it's not a Halo, Half-Life or Metal Gear Solid in my world and probably never will be.

Tygerwoody
06-23-08, 01:23 PM
I said I'd masturbate furiously over it and I have done several times.

One of very few games that I've gone back for a third playthrough.

i mean, i think you should probably play WiiFit until your muscles are big enough to play MGS4 a 4th time. :eek:

:D

LurkerLito
06-23-08, 01:46 PM
At the moment, I agree MGS4 is definitely the GOTY. Something might beat it that comes later though, it's still too early to tell IMO. I can't believe I am 3/4 of the way done with a 3rd play through of MGS4. It's a first for me to play a game through more than 2x. I still have Vegas2 and Mass Effect on the PC to go through but MGS4 has completely taken over (must be those dam nano machines ;)).

Mr_LoL
06-23-08, 02:11 PM
GTA IV was the most overrated game this year. Sold it a couple of weeks ago. Simply not as fun as the previous gta games. Didn't even get round to finishing it.

ralinn
06-23-08, 02:17 PM
i mean, i think you should probably play WiiFit until your muscles are big enough to play MGS4 a 4th time. :eek:

:D

Still waiting for Wii Wank with fleshlight attachment!

LycosV
06-23-08, 04:18 PM
I hold game of the year judgement untill the end of the year. Most games come out during the Christmas holiday season so it's kind of pointless to claim a GOTY during the summer.

Gaco
06-23-08, 05:43 PM
I hold game of the year judgement untill the end of the year. Most games come out during the Christmas holiday season so it's kind of pointless to claim a GOTY during the summer.
I don't know about that. MGS4 being THE best game I've ever played (And I have played A LOT of games) and I know that many others feel the same. So although you must never say never, I think the claim makes perfect sense :)

Marvel_us
06-23-08, 06:55 PM
Agreed, MGS4 is the best game I've ever played. I don't expect any game to top that experience. I don't think any game can create a story to match that out of the games that are announced for this year.

Ninjaman09
06-23-08, 06:57 PM
GTA IV was the most overrated game this year. Sold it a couple of weeks ago. Simply not as fun as the previous gta games. Didn't even get round to finishing it.

Thank God, I thought I was the only person who felt that way. :p

Maybe I'll trade a bunch of stuff in for a PS3...or maybe sell my Wii to raise money. I dunno.

JigenD
06-23-08, 07:37 PM
My top 3 games this year so far are GTA4, MGS4, and Mugen no Frontier Super Robot Taisen OG Saga.

MowTin
06-23-08, 07:57 PM
I haven't played MGS yet but I doubt it can top GTA IV. Rockstar took the genere "open world game" to a new level unmatched by anyone. Liberty City alone is a digital master work of art.

Open world games are far more difficult to produce and develop than your basic follow the path shooter. But in this game Rockstar was able to give this game a third person shooter feel but within a huge wide open world. You seemlessly travel from huge outdoor spaces to indoor spaces. The driving physics in the game is more impressive than most full driving games.

For example, get on a speed boat and switch to first person view and sail around Algonquin at night. It's gorgeous.

GTA IV is a work of art because it manages to bring Liberty City to life in a way no other game has ever done. Television shows, comedy standup acts, cabaret performances.

I would be pretty surprised if MGS4 is as innovative and brilliant as GTA IV.

....as with all art not everyone appreciates it.

Tygerwoody
06-23-08, 08:00 PM
I haven't played MGS yet but I doubt it can top GTA IV. Rockstar took the genere "open world game" to a new level unmatched by anyone. Liberty City alone is a digital master work of art.

Open world games are far more difficult to produce and develop than your basic follow the path shooter. But in this game Rockstar was able to give this game a third person shooter feel but within a huge wide open world. You seemlessly travel from huge outdoor spaces to indoor spaces. The driving physics in the game is more impressive than most full driving games.

For example, get on a speed boat and switch to first person view and sail around Algonquin at night. It's gorgeous.

GTA IV is a work of art because it manages to bring Liberty City to life in a way no other game has ever done. Television shows, comedy standup acts, cabaret performances.

I would be pretty surprised if MGS4 is as innovative and brilliant as GTA IV.

....as with all art not everyone appreciates it.

as far as i got before i stopped reading.

Tygerwoody
06-23-08, 08:01 PM

ahem

Tygerwoody said it so it must be true. Take his word like you would the voice of God.

LORD-eX-Bu
06-23-08, 08:43 PM
Tygerwoody said it so it must be true. Take his word like you would the voice of God.
Hideo Kojima?