PDA

View Full Version : Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 2.0 Fix

Blacklash
06-23-08, 06:36 PM
This post is for people who own these speakers, like them and want to keep them.

In the past few months mine have started to exhibit problems with the volume control.

I'd get static in the lower range when turning the volume knob, some times the sound would drop to the right speaker and I might lose sound completely until I play with the knob.

Anyway, the fix.

Remove the screws from the front of the main unit. Carefully remove the front plate about 2-3 inches or so. Lay it carefully on it's side with the volume control facing up towards you. Take a can of compressed air and blow that area around the control well. Take a light oil, like what you might lube beard or hair clippers with and apply a small amount of it to the base of rubber knob so it goes down between it and the metal area it is mounted while slowly turning said knob to max and back down again. Do this a few times. Put it back together.

Static, drops and cut outs in the low range are all gone and they are like new.

jdiddy
01-01-09, 06:50 PM
Worked for me as well. I wouldn't say its 100% static free when you turn the dials, but, both speakers work again! Huzzah. BTW, there is some pretty gnarly unshielded power supply stuff behind the polyester wadding, so use care!

ATi
01-01-09, 09:55 PM
i just use my keyboard:o