PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 4 - SUPER MEGA BOSS

Pages : [1] 2

Q
06-23-08, 06:54 PM
http://kotaku.com/5018715/

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=32053&stc=1&d=1214261605

I'm a SUPER MEGA RETARDED Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan fan... but...

COME ON. Could they have picked a less relevant rocker for their game? Next thing you know they'll be making an Aerosmith game.

Ninjaman09
06-23-08, 07:34 PM
Next thing you know they'll be making an Aerosmith game.
Hee hee! :D

Just milking the cash cow is all.

methimpikehoses
06-23-08, 07:36 PM
Billy's still an awesome guitarist. :D

Mr. Hunt
06-23-08, 07:42 PM
Yeah... I hate Smashing Pumpkins... but that isn't the reason I hate this... it is because it is Billy friggin Corgan or whatever in a GUITAR HERO game... it is worse than Tom Morello in part 3.

Quarter
06-24-08, 10:34 AM
Yeah... why would millions of people buy their music? Damn you, society at large, for having tastes that don't fit mine!

Buenamos
06-24-08, 05:47 PM
Yeah... I hate Smashing Pumpkins... but that isn't the reason I hate this... it is because it is Billy friggin Corgan or whatever in a GUITAR HERO game... it is worse than Tom Morello in part 3.

Tom Morello is an amazing guitar player. I thought it was great that they chose him for that game.

Mr. Hunt
06-24-08, 06:36 PM
Tom Morello is an amazing guitar player. I thought it was great that they chose him for that game.

Amazing? I could do what he does with some effects pedals, and a month of training. And not on the guitar, on the "How to be a douche bag wearing a hat all of the time" classes.

sytaylor
06-24-08, 07:56 PM
Amazing? I could do what he does with some effects pedals, and a month of training. And not on the guitar, on the "How to be a douche bag wearing a hat all of the time" classes.

You really really suck.

Anyone have news on a tracklist?

Zapablast05
06-24-08, 08:17 PM
Next thing you know they'll be making an Aerosmith game.

I think you forgot the /sarcasm.
lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero:_Aerosmith

SLippe
06-29-08, 09:21 AM
Not sure about this one, meaning Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, but I do have all the others (PS2), so it'd be a shame to break the cycle now. At least it'll be new songs!

ViN86
06-29-08, 08:54 PM
i assume you werent a Rage Against the Machine fan, cause if you were, you would understand how revolutionary Tom Morello is.

that being said, i do agree that there are many more guitarists (especially well known ones) that should be in the game.

every effect he has used in any of his songs are done on the guitar. the sounds he generates with feedback and sliding his hand on the strings are unmatched by any other guitarist out there. no one else does half the **** he does.

you couldnt do 1/100th of what he does. what a hater. :|

crainger
06-29-08, 09:20 PM
Word on the street is biffbuff21 will be a boss and that's why he doesn't post on nvnews anymore.

methimpikehoses
06-29-08, 09:47 PM
Yeah Q, I think you forgot the sarcasm.

Q
06-29-08, 10:12 PM
Yeah Q, I think you forgot the sarcasm.

I thought it was so painfully obvious I didn't need it.

=/

MustangSVT
06-29-08, 10:29 PM

Are you kidding me? Tom Morello rapes all over your face. Yes, that's right, all over your FACE.

Anyway, all this means is that guy from the first post (from Smashing Pumpkins) might be the 1st boss in the game. I doubt he will be the "last" boss in the game. That'll be something else.

CaptNKILL
06-29-08, 10:30 PM
Word on the street is biffbuff21 will be a boss and that's why he doesn't post on nvnews anymore.

biffbuff? :rofl

crainger
06-29-08, 10:54 PM
I hear there is going to be a Metallica version of Guitar Hero also. This might make me cough up for a PS3. Well, that and the new GTA as well as Gran Turismo 5.

Didn't you already have a PS3?

crainger
06-29-08, 10:55 PM
biffbuff? :rofl

What? Wasn't that his name? ::wtf::

methimpikehoses
06-29-08, 11:02 PM
I thought it was so painfully obvious I didn't need it.

=/

You didn't. :|

CaptNKILL
06-29-08, 11:25 PM
What? Wasn't that his name? ::wtf::

It was buffbiff.

I don't know why biffbuff sounds so funny. :lol:

Starscream
06-30-08, 12:07 AM
I hear there is going to be a Metallica version of Guitar Hero also. This might make me cough up for a PS3. Well, that and the new GTA as well as Gran Turismo 5.

If there is a McTallica version I hope nothing from the last few albums is on it. Especially that St. Anger junk.

I'd MUCH rather see an Iron Maiden guitar hero, but that will not happen.

Zapablast05
06-30-08, 12:55 AM
i assume you werent a Rage Against the Machine fan, cause if you were, you would understand how revolutionary Tom Morello is.

that being said, i do agree that there are many more guitarists (especially well known ones) that should be in the game.

every effect he has used in any of his songs are done on the guitar. the sounds he generates with feedback and sliding his hand on the strings are unmatched by any other guitarist out there. no one else does half the **** he does.

you couldnt do 1/100th of what he does. what a hater. :|

Buckethead or MAB can top him ;).

Then again, every guitarist has a skill that nobody else can do better. MAB has his F-Zero sounding.....sounds, Buckethead has his fret tapping, Herman Li has his video game effects that are better off done on a keyboard because it disgraces the guitar, Billy has his distortion, Tom Morello has his grinding effect. You can totally tell Tom Morello from any other guitarist in the world.

MustangSVT
06-30-08, 10:04 AM
You can totally tell Tom Morello from any other guitarist in the world.

And that in itself is a huge achievement. As for whether other people could do the same effects he does, Michael Angelo could probably do it with a fair amount of practice.

ViN86
06-30-08, 10:17 AM
Buckethead or MAB can top him ;).

Then again, every guitarist has a skill that nobody else can do better. MAB has his F-Zero sounding.....sounds, Buckethead has his fret tapping, Herman Li has his video game effects that are better off done on a keyboard because it disgraces the guitar, Billy has his distortion, Tom Morello has his grinding effect. You can totally tell Tom Morello from any other guitarist in the world.

yea well Buckethead can pretty much top anybody lol.

this guy is a close second lol

rutyA12z3Ok

Mr. Hunt
06-30-08, 10:33 AM
Michael Angelo is a great player, but I don't like his music.

For me... a real Guitar Hero game would include Yngwie Malmsteen and Chris Impellitteri... but whatever.