PDA

View Full Version : Coolermaster ATC 200 MX

Essense
08-26-02, 04:43 AM
What do you guys think of this case now? It came out a few years ago, back in late 99. It's had a revision since then and has become much much cheaper. It was about 350 bucks without a power supply when it was first released. It is solid aluminum, removable motherboard tray, all thumbscrew design, has duel 80mm front intake fans, a rear exhaust, and a top blowhole, straight from the factory. It was once considered a case for the rich, somthing to show off. But Rev 2, has reduced the price to a mere 158$ (Newegg.com) and corrected a few of the flaws with the orginal. It's mighty tempting.

Regards,
Mike

Stavros
08-27-02, 11:37 AM
I've got a ACT210 (I think, its the one with the blue perspex front). Anyway I know the case you mean, I saw one once in a shop, really nice case, especially if you illuminate the inside (creates a nice effect with the front fan inlets). Quality wise, coolermaster are excellent, well worth the price you mentioned. I payed about 230 (yes pounds not dollars as I am from blighty) so prob would have cost $300+ at the time.

TheOneKEA
08-27-02, 04:21 PM
My nest case will be a higher-end case with lots of fan ports and such. I'm considering a lot of cases to put on a long-term list, but this one may do.

Essense
08-27-02, 10:20 PM
here's a picture of the case, im going to be building a new system in the January/Feb time frame. I know it's kinda early to start looking for hardware, it just happend to catch my eye as an excellent case. I hope they still offer them in Jan/03.

http://65.119.30.151/productimage/11-119-004-06.JPG

I would of course buy it with a couple solid black Lite on CDRW and DVD drives. As well as a black floppy.

Regards,
Mike