PDA

View Full Version : HL2 error...

Redeemed
06-24-08, 03:16 AM
I'm just curious if anybody here has had this error happen to them, and how they solved it.

Last night I started playing through HL2 once again. I got to the part where Barney gives you the Crowbar... and then I quite and went to bed. Well, now when I load a game I get an error message saying "Node graph out of date... rebuilding" and a second later in large text this message then appears "A.I. Disabled"... and it is disabled. I've tried loading from the beginning of that chapter where you're in that first hall with Alyx (she then leads you to the vending machine and into Dr. Kleiner's lab) but she just stands there doing literally nothing (no blinking or anything) and these messages appear. I've tried a new game from the very beginning and those messages appear and even the G-Man is just frozen.

Anybody have any idea how to solve this? If needed I can use FRAPS to make a short recording so ya'll can see what I mean.

TIA.

BioHazZarD
06-24-08, 03:48 AM
lol i remember getting AI disabled was from the pirated version with bad crack :D

WeReWoLf
06-24-08, 04:02 AM
Redeemed is a good man though, he's had CS/hl2 for ages

|MaguS|
06-24-08, 08:20 AM
Lies! Burn the witch!

CaptNKILL
06-24-08, 09:27 AM
That's odd, I remember getting that message in Vampire: Bloodlines because it was incredibly buggy and unfinished, but I don't think I've ever seen it in any other Source engine game.

Redeemed
06-24-08, 12:17 PM
:rolleyes:

I've had that "Node Graph out of Date... Updating" thing happen before, but never have I gotten that "A.I. Disabled..." message. Wierd. I'm gonna' uninstall the game and re-install. Hopefully that'll fix it. :|

Redeemed
06-24-08, 12:19 PM
Redeemed is a good man though, he's had CS/hl2 for ages

:lol:

Thanks! Yeah, I got my copy as an X-mas gift when it first came out. I remember I had just purchased my 5950U and I was so stoked to see how well my new $405 card could run this game. :D Good times.

nekrosoft13
06-24-08, 12:33 PM
you don't have to uninstall it

just delete the config folder and right click on the game and do verify game content or cache something like that.

one more thing, HL2 got 64bit exe if i remember correctly, force it to use 32bit exe instead.

64bit exe is has never been updated is very old.

Redeemed
06-24-08, 01:12 PM
you don't have to uninstall it

just delete the config folder and right click on the game and do verify game content or cache something like that.

one more thing, HL2 got 64bit exe if i remember correctly, force it to use 32bit exe instead.

64bit exe is has never been updated is very old.

Oh. I noticed it alwasy said "64-bit mode active" or something like that when I fired up the game. So you think it will work fine in the 32-bit mode? But how do I launch the 32-bit mode from Steam?

nekrosoft13
06-24-08, 05:06 PM
it could fix it, from the time they made 64bit version available, it was never updated

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4456/captureyv8.jpg

Redeemed
06-24-08, 06:42 PM
That fixed it! Thanks Necro! :)

Dragunov
06-25-08, 04:23 AM
No problems here with 64-bit exe