PDA

View Full Version : and the worst character's name of the year is...

Thingding
06-24-08, 04:16 AM
Big Mama.

What the hell were they thinking?!

EciDemon
06-24-08, 07:16 AM
Yeah, that was pretty lame

spoiler start (highlight)
I think the whole thing with the characters from mgs3 was a bit weak (sigint and paramedic being who they "really" are ...)
spoiler end.

ralinn
06-24-08, 02:45 PM
Heck, that was just her nickname! Her real name was Eve :)

JigenD
06-24-08, 03:34 PM
I think it worked pretty well, goes with [spoiler highlight]Big Boss[/spoiler highlight].

The Eve name is actually worse because they're always referring to Adam and Eve and every time it's pointless.

LORD-eX-Bu
06-24-08, 03:53 PM
you'd have to play all the other games to appreciate it.

MustangSVT
06-24-08, 04:11 PM
What game is this from? Sorry I missed the memo!

Mr. Hunt
06-24-08, 05:39 PM
What game is this from? Sorry I missed the memo!

MGS4... I am fine with the name... maybe blind fanboyism, but it was just a nickname anyway.

NaitoSan
06-24-08, 05:40 PM
I thought "Big Mama" fits in just perfectly. If you actually play through all Metal Gear games.

JigenD
06-24-08, 05:58 PM
You all should download that free MG database program from the PSN (I know you Euro guys are still waiting for it).

Anyways, I never played the NES/MSX Metal Gear much, but according to that database, there was a terrorist group called EGGPLANT, with guys called stuff like Dirty Duck as their members.

crainger
06-24-08, 07:25 PM
LOL Yeah, there were some great names in the MSX version. It was a great game, I do not acknowledge the NES version. How can they remove the Boss fight with Metal Gear in favour of blowing up a computer protected by 4 guards?!

About the database program, does it require MGS4 to run or is it standalone, I had to give my mate back his copy of MGS4 I borrowed.

Mr. Hunt
06-24-08, 09:45 PM
LOL Yeah, there were some great names in the MSX version. It was a great game, I do not acknowledge the NES version. How can they remove the Boss fight with Metal Gear in favour of blowing up a computer protected by 4 guards?!

About the database program, does it require MGS4 to run or is it standalone, I had to give my mate back his copy of MGS4 I borrowed.

1. It is a standalone I believe.

2. You better have gave it back because you bought your own copy, or I am going to come over there and whoop your aussie ass.

crainger
06-24-08, 10:03 PM
My own copy is on order with play-asia. Along with 6 other PS3 games, but MGS4 is on top of the play order. ::D:

Mr. Hunt
06-25-08, 05:18 AM
My own copy is on order with play-asia. Along with 6 other PS3 games, but MGS4 is on top of the play order. ::D:

It better be... THE CRAINGER DOES AS IT'S TOLD!

crainger
06-25-08, 04:42 PM
I installed the database. Very cool, I assumed I needed the game to run it as it was listed as an add-on. Pretty cool how it scans your save and unlocks data as you go to avoid MGS4 spoilers. ::D:

Marvel_us
06-25-08, 04:50 PM
I installed the database. Very cool, I assumed I needed the game to run it as it was listed as an add-on. Pretty cool how it scans your save and unlocks data as you go to avoid MGS4 spoilers. ::D:

You could teach a class on all the info the database has.

Madpistol
06-25-08, 06:32 PM
Character of the Year (9 years ago):

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Tingle!

http://www.1pstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/tingle.jpg

Ninja Prime
06-25-08, 08:15 PM
Character of the Year (9 years ago):

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Tingle!

http://www.1pstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/tingle.jpg

Yeah, worst character ever.

Severian126
06-28-08, 02:48 AM
I agree. That character is disturbing.

Starscream
06-28-08, 03:14 AM
These names have nothing on the characters in Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf.

Big Jumbo
Super Mex
Miracle Chosuke
Pretty Amy