PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield: Bad Company feedback thread

Pages : [1] 2

Zapablast05
06-24-08, 07:13 PM
Well, I picked my copy up at noon today, haven't had much play time on it but so far, I like it. Everything is completely destroyable. On the tutorial on how to blow a hole into a house, I blew it apart completely. Driving vehicles is fun and Haggard is a smart ass with funny dialogue. So far, this game is everything I expected it to be, good ol' FPS goodness and the classic Battlefield fanfair at the beginning of the game. The main menu music reminds me of Battlefield: Vietnam sorta, but with a jazzy feel :p. Pretty good IMO. It's cool that they added an in-game screen shot button on the D-pad. I'll have to get used to using the RB and LB now because you need it a lot in this game. Can't wait to try the multiplayer (don't have internet on my 360 anymore, need a wireless reciever now that I got a new ISP- I'm going wireless).

LORD-eX-Bu
06-24-08, 08:36 PM
hold up, this is already out? I gotta pick it up :D

|MaguS|
06-24-08, 08:43 PM
Came out today I think... Im torn between this and Overlord on the PS3. Maybe I will get both but im gonna rent Battlefield first through Gamefly.

LORD-eX-Bu
06-24-08, 08:45 PM
I'd buy it just for the MP, its fun as heck :D

then again, I have MGS online :bleh:

Zapablast05
06-24-08, 08:55 PM
hold up, this is already out? I gotta pick it up :D

It came out today. Gamestop started selling them at noon. I prepaid my copy about 2 weeks ago.

Amuro
06-24-08, 09:03 PM
Wow Gamespot shipping is so fast. I imported this game from Gamestop because I wanted the exclusive unlocks, and I wasn't expecting the package to arrive until Thur tomorrow, but it came on Monday.

Zapablast05
06-24-08, 09:07 PM
Lol I ran into this bug/glitch thing. Redford just kept walking into the wall, then when I pushed him, he went through the wall and it didn't break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFOBx08TiYc

Danothemano
06-24-08, 09:23 PM
Lol I ran into this bug/glitch thing. Redford just kept walking into the wall, then when I pushed him, he went through the wall and it didn't break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFOBx08TiYc

I love the comment someone left on this video.

Zapablast05
06-24-08, 09:26 PM
I don't know who that is, but it made no sense.

LORD-eX-Bu
06-24-08, 09:30 PM
sounds like something from "The Witcher" :bleh:

Destroy
06-24-08, 09:53 PM
Is there an option in the game to turn off the crappy grain filter? thanks

Zapablast05
06-24-08, 10:40 PM
No, I wish there was. It's not really an effect, Crysis is like that, too- where every surface seems like a bunch of moving grains.

Destroy
06-24-08, 11:24 PM
Crysis had no grain filter when I played it.

JigenD
06-24-08, 11:27 PM
Yep, I got it too and I've been playing it.

There are some limitations to the destruction, you can't completely level a house, but that's mostly because that would change the gameplay too much. Imagine if the enemy could just level your entire base in the MP mode, and no cover would be left but the terrain itself (which also deforms somewhat).

The humor is generally pretty good. Not very many laugh out loud moments, but lots of smiles. The SP itself is just a little dull IMO. Up to the 3rd level at least it's pretty linear and the challenge is odd. Enemies take off your health really fast, and it's hard to sneak up on them, they're quick to aim and shoot. However, you can take cover whenever you want and fully heal yourself with an item. Online that item takes a while to heal you and recharges much slower, so it's not a problem there. Worse yet, when you die in the SP, you respawn... You don't even have to kill the guys you just killed, it's like you pop right back up a distance away from where you died to finish off whatever guy killed you. Takes all the challenge away.

Now the MP I like quite a bit. It feels pretty different from the other BF games, but it's still very similar and it's still very fun. I like the trophy system which adds to the achievement system on the 360, it's just nice to always have stuff popping up to tell me how awesome I'm playing.

Some of the game songs are remixed BF tunes as well, I've noticed them a few different places.

What do you press for the screenshot? Everyone is wondering about that? Does it matter which d-pad direction I press?

[edit : Oh, one more thing. I've been having a lot of problems getting connected to games. It's been cleared up for the last few hours for me, but all day today I couldn't play at all. Yesterday was the same, it only worked after like 6PM EST. Anyways, I hope tomorrow isn't bad again.]

Zapablast05
06-25-08, 12:02 AM
What do you press for the screenshot? Everyone is wondering about that? Does it matter which d-pad direction I press?

I'm not even sure TBH. It says in the controls option that it's the down D-pad.

Xav
06-25-08, 02:06 PM
Been have a great time with this one so far. Picked mine up at lunch yesterday and put in about 5 hours online last night. Got it for PS3 after polling friends and coworkers to see who was getting it and what systems they were using...seems like in my circle more PS3 owners are picking this up than 360. Not sure why...

The single player got boring really quick. Too linear, some forced humor, the respawn method the used(yikes!) wasn't the best idea...feels tacked on really. I would have been much happier with more maps/gameplay types and NO SP game.

Having said that...the multi is awesome and everything I wanted pretty much. I'd like a few more varied map environs like snow, etc. but that's about it. I like the unlock system and being able to pick what weapons I want to unlock. The grain filter doesn't bother me too much...after a while you stop noticing it. I look at it as an artistic choice on the devs part.

Word is they will be releasing another game type in the future so looks like they are planning to support this for a while.

Make sure if you have a home theater system that you enable surround in the game's sound menu...talk about wow factor!

I give it an -A overall.

Visuals: A (wish PS3 offered a 1080p mode...360 has the edge here on 1080p TVs)
Sound: A++ (one of the best sounding games ever)
Gameplay SP: C
Gameplay MP: A

JigenD
06-25-08, 02:52 PM
Word is they will be releasing another game type in the future so looks like they are planning to support this for a while.

Make sure if you have a home theater system that you enable surround in the game's sound menu...talk about wow factor!

Yea they're adding the BF series' trademark conquest mode for free, you even see that on the ticker in the MP mode.

The sound in the game is really amazing, tons of really great effects going on.

Also, I found about about the screenshot thing. If you press the d-pad in a direction in a MP game, the screen flashes and it says uploading screenshot. Eventually they'll tie this into the game's webpage, but it's not up yet. So better register your gamertag on the site if you want to take screenshots.

nekrosoft13
06-25-08, 09:22 PM
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20080625.jpg

Zapablast05
06-26-08, 03:06 AM
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20080625.jpg

Lol pretty funny...but I don't get it :|.

crainger
06-26-08, 03:29 AM
::Zapafail::

Xav
06-26-08, 08:31 AM
Don't feel bad Zapa..I don't quite get it either. :)

JigenD
06-26-08, 11:04 AM
They WERE going to charge for the guns at one point, but they've dropped that now. The gold edition guns you get at the highest rank, but none of them are really any better anyways.

As far as the joke, it's a lame takeoff on Loony Toons type stuff. The bullet is knocking at the door.

Zapablast05
06-26-08, 10:57 PM
Welp, I just beat the game. Took me 2 days. I didn't play it a lot on release day. I took down the Legionnaire's helichopper with the laser designator. That **** was hard! I got all the collectibles but I still need to find all the gold. I need help with that.

DJMONDY
06-27-08, 03:29 AM
Picking this up today (stupid UK release date :thumbdwn:) cant wait to play it. havnt even tried the demo so its all new to me :)

JigenD
06-27-08, 11:43 AM
I've been playing the MP tons. If you see a guy in 1st place, it's usually me. (nana2)