PDA

View Full Version : 20 minutes of Farcry 2 gameplay

Pages : [1] 2

EciDemon
06-26-08, 03:23 AM
http://kotaku.com/5019757/twenty-minutes-of-far-cry-2

too bad it's just youtube video so quallity isnt that good.

evox
06-26-08, 04:04 AM
Less ****fest site: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53316

Game crashes around 8min mark.

DJMONDY
06-26-08, 07:48 AM
I was looking forward to this until i saw this vid. looks terrible. i know its low quality but i dont know...something about it isnt right.

Look at the fire round the gun (uzi i think) when he shoots lol.

Im not impressed!

Noriega
06-26-08, 08:05 AM
Graphic is nice but LOD is crappy... too much blooom

But gameplay looks very nice I'm looking forward for this game.

FastRedPonyCar
06-26-08, 01:39 PM
looks really intense. I'm really looking forward to it. Though I'm rather disappointed they removed the whole pulling the bullets out of your flesh with a pair of pliars feature :( I thought that was totally awesome. Constantly jamming syringes into your wrist doesn't really have the same realism cause the bullets have to come out eventually.

3DBrad
06-26-08, 02:05 PM
Looks like they've spent a lot of time on it, which is good. Can't wait to buy it for PC. :)

raystorm
06-26-08, 02:32 PM
I can't make out anything because of the horrible video quality. I'll wait for a HD clip if it ever shows up. Game seems ok so far based on what that dude is saying while playing.

Quarter
06-26-08, 03:00 PM
I love how he says they're going to go in stealthy, and anything but stealth happens. I'm kind of worried about that in Far Cry 2 -- it looks just like another action game, but in an open world. That's nice and all, but being in an open world doesn't really set it apart all that much.

The save setting also seemed to be greyed out when he left the safehouse -- no save anywhere? Seriously?

It looks OK, but I have reservations. I'll wait for reviews.

wysiwyg
06-26-08, 03:13 PM
still looks just like a mod for crysis

but not as good as crysis and in crappy sepia colour effect and charachter animation looks naff and dated

and very annoying commentator

why couldnt they use cryengine 2 for far cry 2?

this game looks like mega fail!

EDIT: lmfao at wrench fixing a shot up engine
and wtf moment for me of grass clipping through buggy

Destroy
06-26-08, 04:12 PM
I'm kind of worried about that in Far Cry 2 -- it looks just like another action game, but in an open world. That's nice and all, but being in an open world doesn't really set it apart all that much.

(ack)

Agree, there doesn't seem to be much interesting. Least Crysis has a power suit. This game has growing plants. :rolleyes2

evox
06-26-08, 04:20 PM
still looks just like a mod for crysis
No it doesn't.

but not as good as crysis and in crappy sepia colour effect and charachter animation looks naff and dated

You can land that judgment before even playing the demo or the full game? Crysis is set in a lush island, FarCry 2 is set in dusk/dried/warm Africa, for once, I actually agree with the color scheme they went with. It suits the game. For what it's worth, FC2 looks to have more depth than Crysis. Again, without playing it, it's presumptuous to land on such conclusions.

why couldnt they use cryengine 2 for far cry 2?
Why would they spend millions to use a third-party engine while they can just use a proprietary one for better customisation.

this game looks like mega fail!
Presumptuous comment, the demo/game isn't even out yet and you're claiming it to be megafail. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I am not a big fan of the chumps at Ubisoft Montreal. But on the same note, FC2 looks decent, lets atleast give it a chance (play demo) before we start shooting our mouths off.

wysiwyg
06-26-08, 06:36 PM
each to his own eh! ...!.

SH64
06-26-08, 07:54 PM
- very annoying commentator
- smoke from burnt stuff looks good
- typical shooter , can't see so much stealth yet!
- no strong physics demonstration :thumbdwn: (Crysis' physics is way ahead IMO)
- thank god they removed the whole "pull bullets outta your flesh" thing .. i didnt like the idea the first place
- 24h day/night system = :cool:
- LOD looks good!

Sobbsy
06-26-08, 08:48 PM
That was AWESOME. I must play this!

I liked just about everything I saw, though some things need tweaking. The run animation is extremely annoying, looks like he's playing STALKER when he runs (ie; it sucks).

Destroy
06-26-08, 09:00 PM
Interesting. This game seems to be like Oblivion or Boiling Point where you have factions and open world with all sorts of missions that you can do in any order you want depending on who you talk to.

Bokishi
06-27-08, 12:44 AM
Firefights don't looks that exiting

DJMONDY
06-27-08, 04:27 AM
Reminds me of soldier of fortune 3...oh nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :headexplode:

Nice fire effects though :)

Igor Vitaly
06-27-08, 02:14 PM
I can't make out anything because of the horrible video quality. I'll wait for a HD clip if it ever shows up. Game seems ok so far based on what that dude is saying while playing.

I think it looked quite good. The color scheme was great but effects was really subpar. Even Crysis medium does way better. LOD was consolish though I expect to be able to change it in the ini files to not have the 8800GTX idle to much :lol: . Draw distance was quite good though. Now the video was crappy (youtube), recorded with a mobile camera at 15fps, f*ck the camera even produced tearing (gameplay was upwards 60fps at dreamhack on the demo).

Igor Vitaly
06-27-08, 02:17 PM
- very annoying commentator.

He seemed to almost run out of steam, his voice was starting to break up in the later half of the video! :cool:

XDanger
06-27-08, 02:47 PM
I think it looked quite good. The color scheme was great but effects was really subpar. Even Crysis medium does way better. LOD was consolish though

Everyone gets the 360 version :(

Which is good news for Wii owners :)

Ambrose
06-27-08, 06:00 PM
I still think the game looks promising. There were a couple instances in the firefight that were just ;)

Unstable_Hero
08-15-08, 10:29 PM
awesome farcry 2 trailer HD

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38386.html

SH64
08-16-08, 06:59 AM
Thats Moroccan/Algerian music. Very nice trailer! :D

Wolfhound
08-16-08, 10:46 AM
Looks good and 50 hours of gameplay looks very interesting, Im highly disappointed with latest FPS with 10-15 hours of gameplay with almost 0 replayability

Intel17
08-17-08, 12:26 PM
The game looks pretty fun, so I'll probably buy it upon release or shortly thereafter. However, that commentator was annoying as hell.