PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if its a Det or card problem.

The Punisher
05-10-03, 01:49 AM
In a previous thread I asked about an AA problem with the 43.45 Det. I've tried the "supposedly" WHQL certified 43.51 Det with the same problem, AA doesn't work. It doesn't matter if I set it to 2x or 4x or Quincunx or whatever, it just doesn't work. I see jaggies in every game I play. Some claim that the only solution is to use the 41.09 Det which is still pending certification. My question is if I do install the uncertified 41.09, will it solve my AA problem bcoz I'm like totally out of ideas as to what the hell is causing me this grief? Is there actually any difference between the 3 Dets? Any help will be appreciated. I'm using a Leadtek GF4 Ti4800 SE 128MB DDR AGP8x card.

digitalwanderer
05-10-03, 09:00 AM
You might want to give RivaTuner a try and set it to "Force AA in all D3D applications", I've found it works well on me GF4 ti4400 in 98se with most of the nVidia dets. :)

marcocom
05-10-03, 10:18 PM
the bug is only in UnrealEngine games (splintercell, Americas Army, Postal2, ut2003, etc.)

i definitely experienced the bug, and i definitely resolved it with the 43.51WHQL drivers.

so maybe try uninstalling the old with ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS and then reboot into VGA mode (tap F8 before you see the loading screen for windows) and then run that new 'DetenatorDestroyer' application at www.guru3d.com

reboot and install the new WHQL and you will have happy feelings :P

if problem persists, try shaking the computer.

The Punisher
05-15-03, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by marcocom
the bug is only in UnrealEngine games (splintercell, Americas Army, Postal2, ut2003, etc.)

i definitely experienced the bug, and i definitely resolved it with the 43.51WHQL drivers.

so maybe try uninstalling the old with ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS and then reboot into VGA mode (tap F8 before you see the loading screen for windows) and then run that new 'DetenatorDestroyer' application at www.guru3d.com

reboot and install the new WHQL and you will have happy feelings :P

if problem persists, try shaking the computer.

Hmmm..... interesting. I'll check it out then reply thanx.

3dfxzombie
05-16-03, 06:30 AM
If Punisher has the same problem as I have, reinstalling drivers or forcing AA in rivatuner won't work.

Punisher, I have a question: When I enable 4XS FSAA there is still some kind of AA ( blur ) but not as much as it should be, the same with Quincunx. Do you see the same thing? The other modes, 2X and 4X, do nothing, except slow things down.

But anyway, in 41.09 FSAA still works for me, so you could try that.

The Punisher
05-16-03, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by 3dfxzombie
If Punisher has the same problem as I have, reinstalling drivers or forcing AA in rivatuner won't work.

Punisher, I have a question: When I enable 4XS FSAA there is still some kind of AA ( blur ) but not as much as it should be, the same with Quincunx. Do you see the same thing? The other modes, 2X and 4X, do nothing, except slow things down.

But anyway, in 41.09 FSAA still works for me, so you could try that.

My problem is much worse than yours dude. All, & I mean ALL modes of AA don't work at all. Be it 2x or 4x or Quincunx or 16x or whatever, AA just doesn't exist in my games. I'm pretty sure its a driver problem as AA seemed to work when I used the driver supplied with my Leadtek card but with some games like Splinter Cell, the lights shine through everything like as if all the solid objects have become translucent. The translucent object problem disappeared when I upgraded the driver to 43.45 but my AA decided to disappear instead. Now with the newest 44.03 WHQL driver I hope all my problems dissappear for good.