PDA

View Full Version : How many of GTA 4 owners really finished it ?

Pages : [1] 2

HiCZoK4
06-28-08, 05:37 PM
I have this game for 1.5 month and I cant really feel like finishing it (I am at 40%)
Its great game and overall but I cant feel myself like lunching the game and when I do I just cruise around.

JigenD
06-28-08, 07:14 PM
I finished it just about a month after the game came out. Took me about 34 hours, so I'm gonna have to play it again to get the under 30 hours achievement. I have ~74% completion, so there's a fair amount of side quest stuff I still have to do.

S.I.N
06-28-08, 08:16 PM
I finished at about 75% just under 30 hours without really trying. I guess its because I have been playing GTA:SA for like 4 years on the PC which I kind of like better for cruising around. Still haven't tried multiplayer.

Ninjaman09
06-28-08, 08:17 PM
Stuck around 35-40% myself, haven't touched it in weeks.

Severian126
06-28-08, 08:32 PM
Didn't beat it yet. I think I'm still 60% through. Been at the multiplayer portion most of the time.

Marvel_us
06-28-08, 09:13 PM
30% through haven't touched the game in a month.

Zapablast05
06-28-08, 09:19 PM
I'm like 50% done. I haven't touched it in forever. I just got tired of it. When I do play, I just fly helicopters.

crainger
06-28-08, 09:42 PM
Finished twice now, on my way to 100% complete. I love the game, I know a lot of people fell for the hype and expected it to be the best game ever, I didn't, and I also loved Crackdown, so you can see why I love it. ::D: I love the graphics, the sound, the characters, the more realistic gameplay and setting and I love the detail in every inch of the city. Every alleyway looks like it will tell a story. Every home along the beach has a yard and people enjoying it. I also like that mindless rampaging is no longer encouraged.

Fuku2
06-29-08, 02:31 AM
Just over 30 hours and only played 15 minutes in the last month and a half. I guess I just don't like this type of game.

MowTin
06-29-08, 03:05 AM
Actually you finish the game at around 70% complete. I'm at the last mission. I've gotten hooked on online so I haven't finished that last mission. There are two endings. I think I'll go back and do the other ending.

One confusing thing about the game is the friendship. Under stats if you scroll down you'll see your current friendship levels. You need 50 to 70% with most characters to unlock their favor.

IGN has a complete guide which is useful.

Ninety Story/Procedural Missions - 68%
Acquire each friend's special ability and do their activities - 10%
Win at each activity and mini-game - 5%
Find all random characters and complete their missions - 5%
Kill all thirty wanted persons - 2.5%
Complete all twenty vigilante crimes - 2.5%
Complete all fifty stunt jumps - 2.5%
Eliminate all two-hundred pigeons - 2.5%
Complete all thirty car thefts - 2%

Brucie - Brucie likes to bowl, drink, eat, go to strip clubs, shows, helirides and boating. If you get his friendship level up to 70%, you can call Brucie and he'll dispatch a helicopter to your location, allowing you to utilize it as you'd like.

Dwayne - Dwayne likes to go to strip clubs, eat, drink, go to shows and bowl. If you get his friendship level up to 60%, you can call Dwayne and he'll send you a car full of gang members that will follow you and help you out as you need them.

Little Jacob - Little Jacob likes to play darts, go to shows, play billiards, drink, eat, and go to strip clubs. If you get his friendship level up to 70%, you can call Little Jacob and he'll drive a car to your location full of guns that you can purchase from him.

Packie - Packie likes to go to strip clubs and shows, play darts, drink, bowl and play billiards. If you get his friendship level up to 75%, you can call Packie and he'll make you a potent car bomb that you can use as you need it.

Roman - Roman likes to go bowling, play darts, go drinking, eat, play billiards, go to shows and to strip clubs. If you get his friendship level up to 60%, you can call Roman and he'll send you a free cab to use anywhere in the city.

Mathesar
06-29-08, 05:52 AM
I finished the story with lots of messing around in between so it took me over 70 hours, I had a lot of fun but by the time I finished the story the game was getting repetitive for me.. so I havent played it lately.

It was my favorite GTA game tho. I never actually completed any previous GTA games.

ralinn
06-29-08, 07:00 AM
Didn't finish it. It failed to pull me in. :(

Peoples-Agent
06-29-08, 08:35 AM
Got to last level, had the ending spoiled so thought sod it and traded it in while I could still get some decent cash back for it.

crainger
06-29-08, 08:44 AM
Got to last level, had the ending spoiled so thought sod it and traded it in while I could still get some decent cash back for it.

There are two different endings, in fact there are more than one entire endgame.

|MaguS|
06-29-08, 08:49 AM
I have only completed like 15% of the game...

six_storm
06-29-08, 08:54 AM
I've only completed 45% of this game but I haven't turned my XBOX on in 4 weeks! :( Buying a house, working on it, working a job, school and life has taken all my time. Maybe one day I can finish it.

crainger
06-29-08, 09:08 AM
Xbox 720 will be out by then. ::(:

Retrolock
06-29-08, 09:14 AM
I think im just at 5%. I havent played in weeks.

tornadog
06-29-08, 10:32 AM
yeah I think I left off at 6 or 7%. The game is nice but theres just too many games out on the 360 right now!!!

Tygerwoody
06-29-08, 01:35 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4 came out... duh

Zelda_fan
06-29-08, 02:15 PM
Stuck around 35-40% myself, haven't touched it in weeks.

classic 10 out of 10 quality right there

I will at least say that a game like MGS 4 might be in the realm of possibility for a 10, but GTA IV is nothing more than the sequel to the mediocrity that was known as GTA III.

nekrosoft13
06-29-08, 03:44 PM
typical GTA game. just like in the past all hype, people going crazy on release date, 30 days later almost no one care,

that is the fate off all GTA games

MowTin
06-29-08, 03:52 PM
classic 10 out of 10 quality right there

I will at least say that a game like MGS 4 might be in the realm of possibility for a 10, but GTA IV is nothing more than the sequel to the mediocrity that was known as GTA III.

The level of detail in Liberty City alone is FAR from mediocre. To call GTA III or GTA IV mediocre is absurd simply because they're outstanding within their genre.

You have to rate a game within its genre (open world game) and within its genre GTA IV is a 10. Compare it to Crackdown or Assasin's Creed.

I don't like Zelda games. I find them childish. However, I don't doubt that "Zelda: Ocarina of Time" is a great game within its genre.

It's obvious that you're annoyed that GTA IV got as high a rating as your precious Zelda game. But that's sort of like complaining that an apple pie recipe won a baking contest because you don't like apples.

PS I'm not a huge GTA fan. I played the very first but never finished it. I played some of GTA III on PC but PC port issues prevented me from getting into it. This is the first GTA game I played to the end.

crainger
06-29-08, 05:40 PM
typical GTA game. just like in the past all hype, people going crazy on release date, 30 days later almost no one care,

that is the fate off all GTA games

I've played through them all GTA 1 to 4 multiple times. It's a great series. GTA 3 is definitely the weaker of the series tho.

Gnaddel
06-29-08, 06:10 PM
I finished the story missions and some of the sidequests. I might give the multiplayer a chance when I have some time to spare.