PDA

View Full Version : Help with choppy video

dboy32dll
06-29-08, 04:20 PM
Hi,

I'm hoping that someone can help me out. I just built a new computer with an Intel x38
motherboard, a XFX Geforce 9800GTX, 4GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS 18x DVD-ROM, X-Fi sound card, an E8500 proc and am having problems with video (mostly) and audio skipping/jerking/being choppy exactly every 5 seconds in either PowerDVD 8 or WinDVD 9. If I use Windows Media Player it works fine, which I don't think uses Purevideo. I have Vista Home Prem. I have tried everything from turning off Aero, to switching on/off all video/audio settings, to updating to the very latest drivers on every device, to checking for the latest firmware for the drives. I've searched far and wide for a solution but can't come up with one. I turned off some services and processes to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Stoneyguy
06-29-08, 06:37 PM
If I remember right, PowerDVD has a checkbox to enable Purevideo. Is there any difference when you have it unchecked from when it's checked?

dboy32dll
06-29-08, 09:24 PM
Doesn't matter whether or not the box is checked or un-checked, still the same thing. I even toyed around with the de-interlacing settings but it still happens. It seems like just having the purevideo built-in could be the culprit but not sure. Does purevideo actually make a difference in the quailty of the video or is it just to offload to the gpu?