PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased my PS3 for $250 dollars

stjuart
06-30-08, 09:15 AM
A coworker wanted some cash at work for bills so he was getting rid of his ps3 40 gigs and when he told me 250, it was a done deal. I did want ps2 backwards computability but i already have a ps2 anyway so its not a huge deal breaker. Comes with free spiderman movie and NHL 2008, which i traded in and purchased GT HD. Any game recommendations, and no titles that have also appeared on pc, exclusives only.

Ninjaman09
06-30-08, 09:16 AM
If you really need me to say...Metal Gear Solid 4. Other than that, I'm looking for some recommendations too. I might try Uncharted next. The PS3's Bluray drive was a big selling point for me so I'll probably be using it as a movie player for a while.

tornadog
06-30-08, 09:23 AM
Just cant stress enough, the amount of mileage you get out of the ps3 as a movie player. Last night after a long 2 hour ride, I came back and turned the ps3 on to play mgs4. But I was so damn tired, i decided not to. So I just loaded the Dogma bluray I had rented from BB on Friday and it was such a blast. Can you believe I had never seen the movie before. It has to be one of the best funny movies ever!!!

|MaguS|
06-30-08, 09:28 AM
MGS4, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Rachet and Clank, Folklore, Resistance, Motorstorm and The Darkness.

Don't forget the PSN aswell, PixelJunk Monsters, Super StarDust HD and Tekken: DR.

nekrosoft13
06-30-08, 09:34 AM
The PS3's Bluray drive was a big selling point for me so I'll probably be using it as a movie player for a while.

only real reason to get it, I will pick it up by the end of July. Blu-ray is a crazy market.

Why are stand-alone players so much more expensive, well some of them are better then PS3, but still shouldn't cost more.

or BD burners, what the **** is up with Pioneer, Lite-on, Phillips, Sony etc.. they are trying to sell 2x and 4x BD burners for 400+ dollars. When you can buy LG 6x burner for 250 now. :headexplode:

LG seems like the only company to be trying to help Blu-Ray.

Ninjaman09
06-30-08, 09:46 AM
only real reason to get it, I will pick it up by the end of July. Blu-ray is a crazy market.

Why are stand-alone players so much more expensive, well some of them are better then PS3, but still shouldn't call more.

or BD burners, what the **** is up with Pioneer, Lite-on, Phillips, Sony etc.. they are trying to sell 2x and 4x BD burners for 400+ dollars. When you can buy LG 6x burner for 250 now. :headexplode:

LG seems like the only company to be trying to help Blu-Ray.

Give it a year or so, once the novelty and commotion wears down prices should too. It's weird paying $30 for movies again. I may just restart my Netflix subscription. :p

Sazar
06-30-08, 09:47 AM
Make sure you started folding for our team with that sucker :D

nekrosoft13
06-30-08, 10:04 AM
I may just restart my Netflix subscription. :p

for the price of one movie a month, i get 30+ movies shipped to my house a month.

I used to buy movies before, when DVD came out i was left with 100s of VHS taples, now i have 100s of DVDs i bought. what is the point?

sold few VHS tapes, rest went to garbage. I won't be buying any more movies now that I get movies shipped to me from netflix.

Ninjaman09
06-30-08, 10:17 AM
I used to buy movies before, when DVD came out i was left with 100s of VHS taples, now i have 100s of DVDs i bought. what is the point?

sold few VHS tapes, rest went to garbage. I won't be buying any more movies now that I get movies shipped to me from netflix.

Yeah that's a good point. I hardly ever watch the DVDs I own, except for my TV series DVDs. I can't decide between Netflix and Blockbuster though. I was a Netflix subscriber a couple of years ago and I really liked it, but some friends of mine use Blockbuster and it seems just as good or better, since you can go to the brick and mortars too.

|MaguS|
06-30-08, 10:26 AM
Yeah I love Blockbuster Online...

tornadog
06-30-08, 12:25 PM
I have tried both. YMMV but for me BB rocks. I got in on a plan a while back that gave u unlimited instore exchange. Now I believe they only let you do 5 in a month. And I get shipped movies 2 days after I returned them in store. netflix started out by being like that but over a period their turnaround time started increasing as my movie watching increased. With BB I get about 9-10 movies a week not to mention the 1 free game rental each month that I can keep for 12 days

Bearclaw
06-30-08, 02:39 PM
Give it a year or so, once the novelty and commotion wears down prices should too. It's weird paying $30 for movies again. I may just restart my Netflix subscription. :p

Netflix FTW.

|JuiceZ|
06-30-08, 04:05 PM
Netflix FTW.

x2. We also have the Roku player and we use it everyday, even convinced my folks to pick up one.

Bman212121
06-30-08, 05:36 PM
I have tried both. YMMV but for me BB rocks. I got in on a plan a while back that gave u unlimited instore exchange. Now I believe they only let you do 5 in a month. And I get shipped movies 2 days after I returned them in store. netflix started out by being like that but over a period their turnaround time started increasing as my movie watching increased. With BB I get about 9-10 movies a week not to mention the 1 free game rental each month that I can keep for 12 days

Since we are already off topic I used to have this as well until they switched the plans. Once they totally gimped it I canceled my account. It was a great deal to be able to get 1 movie out a time + a free instore exchange. You essentially had two movies a time with unlimited rentals, plus your free game every month. That was only $10 a month. Now it's like $18 a month for the same thing.

EciDemon
07-02-08, 04:41 AM
MGS4, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Rachet and Clank, Folklore, Resistance, Motorstorm and The Darkness.

Don't forget the PSN aswell, PixelJunk Monsters, Super StarDust HD and Tekken: DR.

Ill have to second MaguS post, those are good ps3 games :)