PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a DS, any suggestions?

Severian126
06-30-08, 02:53 PM
Sold my Wii yesterday and all its games and used the money to buy a DS and two games with cash to spare. :D

Anyway, I bought Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Final Fantays 3. So far I'm really enjoying these two and I'm thinking why didn't I buy a DS ages ago. It's a fun little system that I could see me using it far longer than I used my Wii. Not to mention play all my older GBA games.

Any recommendations you guys can make on what other games to get? I bought it in anticipating of the FF IV remake, but any other stellar titles you guys enjoy would be ideal as well. I would check review sites and see which titles get a 9 or 10, but you know those review sites....

CaptNKILL
06-30-08, 02:57 PM
Trace Memory, Orcs & Elves, Puzzle Quest and Glory Days 2 are good.

And if you're a fan of Metroid, Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission are great GBA games.

JigenD
06-30-08, 03:20 PM
Mario Kart DS is one of the better Mario Kart games, looks great on DS.
Orcs & Elves is old school awesomeness.
Advance Wars DS / DS2 are great games if you haven't played any other games of the series.
Civilization Revolution will be coming to DS soon (or it may already be out), that may be great.
Mugen no Frontier : Super Robot Taisen OG Saga is a very awesome Japanese-only action RPG.

Severian126
06-30-08, 03:36 PM
Cool thanks for the suggestions.

2 votes for Orcs and Elves sounds good to me. Glad I came here. The review sites gave it mid 7s. I would've ignored that if it wasn't for the suggestions. :)

crainger
06-30-08, 05:39 PM
Beagle likes that Professor Layton or Clayton, whatever his name is, Drawn to Life and Nintendogs. So get those ones.

S.I.N
06-30-08, 05:58 PM
Trace Memory....

That game was so good and deeper than maybe 85% of the games out that despite the child like art style. That is a must play for point and click gamers.

3DBrad
06-30-08, 06:11 PM
Just bought a DS, any suggestions?

Sell it?
:D

j/k, the 2D Mario game is great :)

tornadog
06-30-08, 06:58 PM
which is better a DS or a DS lite. I am thinking of getting a used one on Ebay since they have 25% cashback on Live today + its the last day of the 10% off coupon!!!!

JigenD
06-30-08, 07:03 PM
which is better a DS or a DS lite. I am thinking of getting a used one on Ebay since they have 25% cashback on Live today + its the last day of the 10% off coupon!!!!

DS Lite is way better for the most part. Screen is way brighter and much more vivid, but it's adjustable. Battery life is longer, system is smaller and better looking.

The system itself is a little too small, and there's slightly more ghosting than the old DSs though.

Severian126
06-30-08, 07:11 PM
Sell it?
:D

j/k, the 2D Mario game is great :)

LOL if it goes unused like the Wii, I will. But from what I see, it's a great little system and Nintendo did a solid job with it. And the library of games look pretty good.

That 2D Mario game will definitely get a purchase.

BTW, how is Mario 64 on the DS? I'm a little concerned on how it's controlled.

JigenD
06-30-08, 07:25 PM
BTW, how is Mario 64 on the DS? I'm a little concerned on how it's controlled.

The control isn't great, but I actually like Mario 64 DS more than New Super Mario Bros if that's the 2D Mario game you're talking about. I think M64DS is worth getting though.

EciDemon
07-02-08, 04:38 AM
I recomend the two Castlevania games for DS, those are quite nice I must say. Perfect for the format too

BronzeGod
07-02-08, 01:19 PM
Pokemon Pearl or Diamond. must have.

Severian126
07-02-08, 01:35 PM
Just bought Mario Kart DS and Super Mario Bros. :)

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Pokemon? I know it's always popular, but why? Is it a collection game?

Severian126
07-02-08, 01:35 PM
I recomend the two Castlevania games for DS, those are quite nice I must say. Perfect for the format too

Is it Aria of Sorrow? What's the name of the other one?

spajdr
07-02-08, 01:51 PM
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin i think

EciDemon
07-03-08, 03:59 AM
Is it Aria of Sorrow? What's the name of the other one?

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (sequel to Aria of sorrow) and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.
Dawn of Sorrow is very simalar to Aria of Sorrow but expands a bit on the old system in a good way :)

Portrait of ruin features a new system where you have two characters at the same time, I think it was refreshing and worked quite well too. They of course both remind alot of Symphony of the Night.

It's also been anounced a new castlevania for DS, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. This it the only reason ive not sold my DS yet.