PDA

View Full Version : bought the 680s

hovz
05-10-03, 12:56 PM
it seems like the 560s were much louder, when i had the volume knob about 45% up it was rly loud, when i have these 45% up they arent loud at all, whats weird tho is regular windows sounds seem loud, its music and movies which r quieter

omghi2u
05-10-03, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by hovz
it seems like the 560s were much louder, when i had the volume knob about 45% up it was rly loud, when i have these 45% up they arent loud at all, whats weird tho is regular windows sounds seem loud, its music and movies which r quieter When you're not playing anything and you turn the volume knob to the max...do you hear a small hissing sound? Or is it dead silent?

digitalwanderer
05-10-03, 04:46 PM
Where did you pick 'em up and how much? :eek2:

hovz
05-10-03, 09:34 PM
i was hoping id get more help, not questions, but in the new revision with the new pod, the hiss is very low, basically unnoticeble, i ordered them from compuplus for 220

digitalwanderer
05-10-03, 10:00 PM
Oh, sorry. Thanks for answering me question anyways. :)

Ok then...what operating system are you using, what kind of soundcard, and have you tried adjusting the levels in your soundcard's control panel? ie. lowering your wave level and increasing your line-in & CD levels?

I know it's the obvious stuff, but that's usually the best place to start. :)

The Baron
05-10-03, 10:01 PM
You probably just have to turn it up to 11. ;)

hovz
05-10-03, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Oh, sorry. Thanks for answering me question anyways. :)

Ok then...what operating system are you using, what kind of soundcard, and have you tried adjusting the levels in your soundcard's control panel? ie. lowering your wave level and increasing your line-in & CD levels?

I know it's the obvious stuff, but that's usually the best place to start. :)

loweing the wav level makes it quieter, and the other 2 have no effect, and it goes louder if i turn up the system volume, but with the 560s with the system volume at only 50 it went extremely loud, i was wondering if theres something im missing or if my 680s have a defect, or if they r just quieter(wouldnt make sense tho cuz every review says they r much louder)

digitalwanderer
05-10-03, 10:18 PM
Mebbe they just scale-up differently, what about when you max the volume knob on the speakers out? Are they louder than the other ones max?

hovz
05-10-03, 10:38 PM
nope, i have to turn up the windows volume to max, and the speaker volume to max, and then it might be close to the 560s

omghi2u
05-10-03, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by hovz
i was hoping id get more help, not questions Eh sorry...anyways, maybe you have the virtual surround or something like that enabled. Just set it to dual stereo (if there's such an option) and play it on winamp or something...should be about the same.

digitalwanderer
05-10-03, 10:50 PM
What soundcard? What OS?

hovz
05-10-03, 11:00 PM
im using stero 2x mode, doesnt help.

i have xp home and audigy 1, same thing i had with my 560s, i hope i didnt get a bad set