PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Firmware 2.40 Released

Peoples-Agent
07-01-08, 11:48 PM
Seems 2.40 is finally out with some new features to boot.

Not sure what I make of the Trophy system yet but there's no way in hell i'm playing through all those games again for the sake of these trophies. lol

Still no cross game invites but ingame messaging is going to make a huge difference I feel.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/30/firmware-v240-faq/

Marvel_us
07-02-08, 12:13 AM
Well if you can msg people in game what's the point of having a game invite?

Update works as advertised. Sony finally bringing PSN together. Now I just want the video service and they can add whatever else they want.

Peoples-Agent
07-02-08, 12:49 AM
Well if you can msg people in game what's the point of having a game invite?

Update works as advertised. Sony finally bringing PSN together. Now I just want the video service and they can add whatever else they want.

Cross game invites just allow people to connect to the server your in with one button press, just saves the hassle.

Tbh, its not that much of a problem.

Look forward to giving this a good try out.

Marvel_us
07-02-08, 07:31 AM
Cross game invites just allow people to connect to the server your in with one button press, just saves the hassle.

Tbh, its not that much of a problem.

Look forward to giving this a good try out.

Ah ok, the only game I've seen with that option is Super Puzzle Fighter.

The ingame xmb is laggy in the games I tried, MGS4 and GTA4 but it's not too bad. Haven't patched SSD to try out the trophy system yet though.

Peoples-Agent
07-02-08, 09:02 AM
I don't know if anyone has any info, but Battlefield Bad Company seemingly supports Trophies from the get-go, I have even unlocked a few.

The problem is how can I get these already unlocked Trophies to register against my PSN ID?

Some of them were achieved online so whilst using that PSN ID ill never be able to gain them again in order for them to show up.

Also, if I wanted to create a new PSN ID I would then have to create a new EA account because their shoddy system chokes if you try to register an additional PSN ID.

What a nightmare.

Any ideas?

|MaguS|
07-02-08, 09:13 AM
Most games will not retrospective when it comes to trophy's because anyone could just download a 100% save and put it on their PS3.

Namrok
07-02-08, 09:25 AM
Most games will not retrospective when it comes to trophy's because anyone could just download a 100% save and put it on their PS3.

So let em! It sucks that the rest of us will have to play through games again if we want trophies.

Peoples-Agent
07-02-08, 10:01 AM

The thing is it doesn't work that way with Battlefield Bad Company, the actual Trophy unlocks are kept with your stats on EAs servers, especially the online ones.

So a game i've had for a week and obtained some Trophies on are effectively worthless. Fair enough there aren't many but I wanted to keep the 6 kill streak one. A fooking miracle I managed that tbh, I suck at the game still.

I've got an unlimited rental deal with Lovefilm and got a copy for the 360 through, I can just see me playing that from now on to save all the hassle.

|MaguS|
07-02-08, 10:22 AM
So let em! It sucks that the rest of us will have to play through games again if we want trophies.

So let them abuse a system that is designed to show off a players accomplishments... yeah no.

Peoples-Agent
07-02-08, 11:42 AM
So let them abuse a system that is designed to show off a players accomplishments... yeah no.

I can understand save exploits, but in games where info is kept server side it would have been nice for them to take note.

Been playing the 360 version and could have sworn there are more jaggies.