PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ modifying 8800GTX BIOS

hapooh
07-02-08, 08:34 AM
I have a standard clocked 8800GTX wondered if anyone could recommend a good utility to modify the clock speeds in the bios.

ATOJAR
07-02-08, 11:49 AM
You can see/edit your bios with NiBiTor v4.2 ..... then apply your speeds, save the bios then re-flash the card.

You need nvFlash v5.67 & a floppy disk to flash the bios.

If your unsure of what to do ask away.

Everything is available here in the download section. http://www.mvktech.net/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

;)

SLippe
07-03-08, 08:04 AM
Why not use Rivatuner or EVGA Precision Tool to set the clocks? Much safer than screwin' with the BIOS.

mailman2
07-03-08, 08:11 AM
Nibitor and nvflash 5.3. You can actuall flash in windows from a command prompt but not in Vista - has to be from XP. I've had all my 8800GTS/8800GTXs flashed and then flashed back. Dont use a floppy they are too unpredictable to use.

ATOJAR
07-03-08, 11:26 AM
Nibitor and nvflash 5.3. You can actuall flash in windows from a command prompt but not in Vista - has to be from XP. I've had all my 8800GTS/8800GTXs flashed and then flashed back. Dont use a floppy they are too unpredictable to use.

Ive been using floppy's for years to flash my cards, never had a single issue!

A bios flash is a lot more stable than using Rivatuner or EVGA Precision Tool to set the clocks, once its flashed that's it, you don't have to worry about it again!

mikeyakame
07-05-08, 11:39 PM
if you need a hand shoot me a private message. or shoot me the bios you want modified with clocks. either or.

mailman2
07-05-08, 11:41 PM
Ive been using floppy's for years to flash my cards, never had a single issue!

A bios flash is a lot more stable than using Rivatuner or EVGA Precision Tool to set the clocks, once its flashed that's it, you don't have to worry about it again!

killed some hardware using floppies, they suddenly just stop working, dead boards. Joy. I flash all mobos from USB flash drives now and command propmt for 8800GTX - but I now have HD4870 :D