PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger coming to DS!

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
07-02-08, 10:19 AM
Woot! The best game ever is coming to the Nintendo DS! Best news is that its not a complete remake like the Final Fantasy ports but rather an original port modified to take advantage of the dual screen. They are also adding wifi player battles and a new dungeon to explore. I hope the new dungeon fits the games story and atmosphere since Chrono Trigger had really a perfect pacing and world.

http://kotaku.com/5021416/square-enix-confirms-chrono-trigger-ds

LiquidX
07-02-08, 10:46 AM
This is great news and its coming this year.:)

CaptNKILL
07-02-08, 10:52 AM
Wow this is great.

I know this is blasphemy but I actually never finished this game. :eek:

I played it here and there a few different times but never stuck through to the end. I could probably do it if it was on my DS though since I'm usually away from my PC (ie, away from nvnews) when I'm playing my DS. :p

Ninjaman09
07-02-08, 10:53 AM
omgomgomgomgomgomgogmogomgomgogmogmogmomgomgomg

Are they fixing the translation? How about adding in the removed content from the Japanese ROM? I'm assuming it'll be getting the full port treatment the FF Advance series got?

This is too awesome!

I know this is blasphemy but I actually never finished this game.
Indeed it is blasphemy! But this will give you the chance. I think I've played through the game over 20 times by now. :p

|MaguS|
07-02-08, 10:58 AM
Dout that they are fixing the translation, seems like a very basic port.

I so hope they don't mess with the soundtrack, I would so be pissed if they did. Only thing I would accept is the remakes done by the The Black Mages...

Ninjaman09
07-02-08, 11:02 AM
I so hope they don't mess with the soundtrack, I would so be pissed if they did. Only thing I would accept is the remakes done by the The Black Mages...

Definitely. It seems like the DS should be able to emulate the sound system without mangling the music so let's cross our fingers. :D

|MaguS|
07-02-08, 11:13 AM
You would what would be awsome, Doing gestures for the Tech Skills, like having to draw a line in the direction you want to use Luca's flame toss or an X over the enemies do to cross slash with Frog and Chrono.

Severian126
07-02-08, 12:07 PM
Whether it's a port or a complete remake, I'd buy it. This game so deserves a portable version. I can't wait! I'm so glad I bought the DS :D

BronzeGod
07-02-08, 12:17 PM
Cannot wait for this game. Toriyama truly is a great artist too.

http://homepage.usask.ca/~csa731/wallpaper/CronoTrigger02.jpg

|MaguS|
07-02-08, 12:55 PM
I wonder if they will have the FMV from the PS version? That would be great aswell!

Ninjaman09
07-02-08, 01:53 PM
Has anyone checked out the retranslation patch by the way?
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Retranslation.html

Not very well localized but it offers some neat insight into a few of the characters as well as highlights some bizarre changes. For example Frog never had an English accent in the original script (explaining why, as Glenn, he never had one) and a lot of the dialogue makes more sense in some key plot scenes.

JigenD
07-02-08, 02:58 PM
I would have liked to see a complete remake with 3d graphics on DS like the FFs, but even more than that a remake on PS3/360, but even more than that a completely new RPG by the same people that was just as good or better! It'll be nice to have a portable CT, but it's not really necessary for me.

|MaguS|
07-02-08, 07:09 PM
I would have liked to see a complete remake with 3d graphics on DS like the FFs, but even more than that a remake on PS3/360, but even more than that a completely new RPG by the same people that was just as good or better! It'll be nice to have a portable CT, but it's not really necessary for me.

If they ever decide to go and make a 3D remake then they better go CELL Shaded on the PS3 or X360. Anything else would be utter ****. The graphics in Final Fantasy IV would not work with the awesome art in Chrono Trigger.

A 3D remake with the graphics quality of the new Naruto for the PS3 would be nice, Naruto for the PS3 looks like it was the anime... It looks amazing compared to past CELL Shaded games.

ralinn
07-05-08, 11:06 AM
I never played CT (but always wanted too), so this is an awesome thing for me!

|MaguS|
07-05-08, 11:35 AM
Bought a DS today so I am ready!

ralinn
07-05-08, 01:35 PM
Cripes, I'm gonna have to finish Zelda:PH quickly!

NarcissistZero
07-05-08, 02:40 PM
I really wish they would remake/rerelease these games on a console, like Sony's PSN service...

I have no interest in owning a portable system.

|MaguS|
07-05-08, 02:45 PM
They will once their IPs to milk on the DS dry up... then they will start releasing on Wii and PSN (dout XBLive). In Japan they have already begun releasing some of their PSX titles on the PSN.

Think Xenogears is getting released on the PSN.

|MaguS|
07-05-08, 03:03 PM
Yeah it is one of the Best JRPGs, easily in the top ten.

NarcissistZero
07-05-08, 06:23 PM
They will once their IPs to milk on the DS dry up... then they will start releasing on Wii and PSN (dout XBLive). In Japan they have already begun releasing some of their PSX titles on the PSN.

Think Xenogears is getting released on the PSN.

I did not know this, but you're right. I really, really hope this continues and comes to the US.

crainger
07-05-08, 08:28 PM
Never played CT. Xbox was my first console after all, but i'm willing to give this a shot if i can borrow Beagle's DS for a few days/weeks. ::D:

OldOfEvil
07-06-08, 05:41 AM
Xbox was my first console

:|

crainger
07-06-08, 08:13 AM
Stop laughing at me.

I've had a PC since 87. ::D:

|MaguS|
07-06-08, 08:24 AM
Stop laughing at me.

I've had a PC since 87. ::D:

Such a sad sad bunny..

ralinn
07-06-08, 08:31 AM
Ow, just like the dude that turns up at a party too late and missed the hot chick get drunk and strip. :(