PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 audio help

Arto*
07-02-08, 06:22 PM
Hey, I recently got my xbox 360 ( i know, pretty late but w/e) and decided to hook it up to my pc.. ive got the video pretty much covered, but it seems like im having trouble with my audio. i plugged in the xbox cable (red and white) into an rca splitter and the splitter into my line-in plug on my sound card.. now the thing is, i only have sound coming through the left side of my speakers.. ive tried going in to the console settings in my xbox to see if that was the trouble, but no luck.. any suggestions?

JigenD
07-02-08, 06:47 PM
Hey, I recently got my xbox 360 ( i know, pretty late but w/e) and decided to hook it up to my pc.. ive got the video pretty much covered, but it seems like im having trouble with my audio. i plugged in the xbox cable (red and white) into an rca splitter and the splitter into my line-in plug on my sound card.. now the thing is, i only have sound coming through the left side of my speakers.. ive tried going in to the console settings in my xbox to see if that was the trouble, but no luck.. any suggestions?

I did this sort of stuff a lot in the old days, I'd make sure the splitter is still good and the xbox AV cable is still good. Also maybe check your settings in Windows for the line in I guess. It's even possible the line in port on your PC is messed up. A lot of those jacks act funny when they get dust in them too.

Anyways, I can't imagine it being something funny in the actual 360 settings.

Arto*
07-02-08, 06:57 PM
all the cables i got are new, so i dont think that can be the issue.. and idk about the dust thing.. is there anything i can do through the settings itself, rather changing wires?

JigenD
07-02-08, 07:00 PM
all the cables i got are new, so i dont think that can be the issue.. and idk about the dust thing.. is there anything i can do through the settings itself, rather changing wires?

I really don't think it could be 360 settings, just make sure it's not in mono. It's a pretty basic signal thing, there's not any tricks to it.

Arto*
07-02-08, 07:02 PM
ye it is centered, when i move the little arrow to the left, i hear nothing.. when put back to the right, i hear sound..

JigenD
07-02-08, 07:05 PM
ye it is centered, when i move the little arrow to the left, i hear nothing.. when put back to the right, i hear sound..

So you're saying you hear sound from your left speaker when you put it to the right? Are your PC speakers reversed?

Do you have any other equipment you could test this on? An old stereo with inputs?

Arto*
07-02-08, 07:16 PM
no no, i hear sound only from the left.. when i put it to the right, nothing comes out..

Lyme
07-02-08, 07:55 PM
Try pushing the plug into your line in a little further, sounds like you don't have everything connected completely.

Arto*
07-02-08, 08:52 PM
Try pushing the plug into your line in a little further, sounds like you don't have everything connected completely.

nope :-/ idk what else to do..

JigenD
07-02-08, 09:44 PM
Yea I really think it sounds like a connector, I have tons of the things, and they do wear out. The key for you will be finding out at which point the connection is bad. Good Luck.

Lyme
07-02-08, 09:59 PM
Find a pair of speakers that you can plug the rca jacks into. Then plug the splitter and the cords into that and check that they work. You also might want to re-confirm that your plugging the splitter into the correct jack, and that your splitter is a stereo splitter and not a mono one (it will have three distinct contacts on the tip, rather than two).

Arto*
07-02-08, 11:38 PM
heh, ok it appears that i've found the problem.. since the rca splitter i used couldnt reach the 2 male audio plugs (yellow and red) i went out and bought an audio extension cable.. now that i took it off, both the left and the right speakers work.. i need to either get a replacement extension cable or find another source.. thnx everyone for helping out.. :)