PDA

View Full Version : detonator 50.xx in 3 weeks...

jAkUp
05-10-03, 09:24 PM
from warp2search:

We got word from a NVIDIA partner that the NV35 will come with Detonator 50.xx drivers for all operating systems and that the driver should be available on NVIDIA.COM within three weeks

digitalwanderer
05-10-03, 09:44 PM
Yeah, but warp2search got it from a post on nVmax (http://www.nvmax.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?num=1052593176&id=0) which goes on further to state:

Apparently Chief Executive Jen-Hsun Huang was furious with the NV30 and prevented the expected Feburary roll-out from going ahead until the engineers built up a model that could tackle the ATi offerings. We were told that some engineers were fighting for their jobs (and some were fired?) and had an absolute grilling from Jen-Hsun, whom knows all too well that NV30 could well have started the process of NVIDIA annihilation.

Don't that just roll right off the tongue and give you a great mental image of the panic that was going on inside nVidia all year? "NV30 could well have started the process of NVIDIA annihilation", just sort of has such a foreboding and melodramatic ring. :)

The Baron
05-10-03, 09:52 PM
Heh.

If they improve stuff that aren't benchmarks, I'll be impressed. But, I doubt that it will. Oh well, c'est la vie. Maybe NV35 will Magically Impress Me.. I think I've become jaded from reading this forum. ;)

digitalwanderer
05-10-03, 10:01 PM
I'm actually swinging the opposite way.

After all the horribleness that was the FX fiasco, I'm expecting nVidia to come balls-out with the NV35 and am thinking it's going to surprise a few people in a good way.

Honest I am, it's just me gut feeling though.

The Baron
05-10-03, 11:41 PM
I'm making a conscious effort to hope it sucks so I won't be disappointed if it does... ;)

marcocom
05-11-03, 02:27 AM
wow. a real quote from the nvmax forums.

amazing.

wtf.

digitalwanderer
05-11-03, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by marcocom
wow. a real quote from the nvmax forums.

amazing.

wtf.

Without meaning to ruffle any feathers or raise up any old feuds, what are ya talking about? I really don't get it. :confused:

(Sorry, still on the first pot-o-java.)

marcocom
05-11-03, 01:57 PM
well. no disrespect intented - sorry gents
but its a public forum at nvmax (nvmax is owned by a teenager, btw) and i just cant see how we can take anything more than a grain of salt with what might be posted there.

i love speculation, but im just trying to keep it real.

the heat is high on these issues and i just think we should keep the skepticism high during these times.

Mark_fox
05-11-03, 04:49 PM
To be honest I can't see 50.xx coming out in 3 weeks on nvidia.com - not for 32bit anyway...though stranger things have happened, but my guess would be at least 1 more 4x.xx "official" release before we even begin to speculate about 5x.xx...

StealthHawk
05-11-03, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Mark_fox
To be honest I can't see 50.xx coming out in 3 weeks on nvidia.com - not for 32bit anyway...though stranger things have happened, but my guess would be at least 1 more 4x.xx "official" release before we even begin to speculate about 5x.xx...

So you're saying that we will have to wait longer than 3 weeks for 50.xx drivers to be released officially?

Hmm. I suppose that makes sense. nvidia has had a terrible track record lately of posting official drivers for new cards weeks or months after the card has been available in stores :(