PDA

View Full Version : 2x GEFORCE 8800 ULTRA SLI

GTVAPSAMTIK
07-04-08, 03:25 AM
Hey ALL

I was wondering if upgrading from 2x EVGA Geforce 8800 ULTRA SLI , to single EVGA Geforce 280 will give me plenty of performance boost in new games ? What kind of performance boots I can expect to gain or should I wait for next Gen cards to show up? I cant seem to find any info where i can compare 2x geforce 8800 gtx to single geforce 280. Any info will help thx.

Right now I play
Crysis
COD 4
Age of Conan
COH
HellGate London
World in Conflict

spajdr
07-04-08, 03:33 AM
Hmm i dont think it would be that different matey :) its more interesting to get two GTX 260 since price drop is nice and that will be faster then single GTX 280 though for little more money. Just try to run preferred benchmark in World in Conflict, Crysis and we can compare.

Revs
07-04-08, 03:49 AM
Hmm i dont think it would be that different matey :) its more interesting to get two GTX 260 since price drop is nice and that will be faster then single GTX 280 though for little more money. Just try to run preferred benchmark in World in Conflict, Crysis and we can compare.

Agreed :)

SH64
07-04-08, 01:30 PM
Crysis is what matters the most. try benching @ same settings of one of those benchmarks to see if the difference is worth it.